Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I really don't want to start the guide over from the beginning again but it seems like I might have to. This sucks.

Or you could find out which mod is the problem and reinstall it. Simply exclude some ESM/Ps from the Bash patch by unticking them. Rebuild the patch, and if the error doesn't reappear then the problem mod is one which you unticked. Narrow it down to one single ESM/P file and that's the problem mod.

Hi,

I followed this guide till about Dec of last year (2018). I started a character and been playing the game since Dec 2018. I basically froze all updates including the game, skse and mods and just kept playing.

Completed quite a bit of content, everything was going well for the past few months.

Here are some problems I noticed. Just leaving it as a feedback in case anyone else is getting issues.

1) Completed most Interesting NPC quests except the three quests with Daenlyn. He is nowhere in my game. player.moveto command with Daenlyn's refid teleports me to Falkreath, but there is no one there.

Apart from this hiccup I finished all of this mod's quests.

2) Dragonborn, can not complete the last Miraak main quest At the summit of apocrypha. I reached chapter 6, but there is no floor there to reach the word wall. No Sarhotaar to take me to Miraak either.

3) Started with Falskaar and finished most side quests. But now there is a bug which crashes the game on save.

4) I went back to my older saves and got out of Falskaar. My crash on save issue abated. I was able to save again after rolling back to older saves.

5) I said I will come back to Falskaar later. I started Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. Reached Al Shedim, but the crash on save issue is back.

6) I had issues with dragons spawning in places where there should have been no dragons like inside buildings.

But all in all, good fun. I was able to complete Skyrim main quests, side quests, most DLCs, and most mods. My mueseum had about 2000 items. :-)

Just wish I could go further, but with the crash on save issue, I am giving up. If anyone has faced this issue, any pointers would be appreciated on troubleshooting this problem. If not no worries.

Almost tempted to re-install this guide from scratch and try again. But will wait a few months before I undertake this big an undertaking.

But man this was a huge undertaking installing this guide and playing sooo much content. The happiest I have been in years. :-)

Thank you Lexy and all the people that worked for this.

It has happend Skyrim has updated again to v1.5.80 I hope that everyone have auto-updates disabled. If not, rollback.

So skse was updated, everyone prepare for the mass updates! Also for the Trello page Ultimate Combat was updated to 2.0.16.

Edited by link213109

Hi,

I followed this guide till about Dec of last year (2018). I started a character and been playing the game since Dec 2018. I basically froze all updates including the game, skse and mods and just kept playing.

Completed quite a bit of content, everything was going well for the past few months.

Here are some problems I noticed. Just leaving it as a feedback in case anyone else is getting issues.

1) Completed most Interesting NPC quests except the three quests with Daenlyn. He is nowhere in my game. player.moveto command with Daenlyn's refid teleports me to Falkreath, but there is no one there.

Apart from this hiccup I finished all of this mod's quests.

Almost tempted to re-install this guide from scratch and try again. But will wait a few months before I undertake this big an undertaking.

But man this was a huge undertaking installing this guide and playing sooo much content. The happiest I have been in years. :-)

Thank you Lexy and all the people that worked for this.

For your problem 1) this was caused by a 3DNPC banter patch which came with the mod Song of the Green (Auri Follower). The patch had some accidental edits, one of which prevented Daenlyn from spawning in-game. The author of Song of the Green has removed this patch for now due to lack of available time to fix.

I suggest that if you are planning to take a break anyway, that you wait until Legacy of the Dragonborn v5 has been released and this guide updated to use v5, then reinstall the guide from scratch and start afresh.

For your problem 1) this was caused by a 3DNPC banter patch which came with the mod Song of the Green (Auri Follower). The patch had some accidental edits, one of which prevented Daenlyn from spawning in-game. The author of Song of the Green has removed this patch for now due to lack of available time to fix.

I suggest that if you are planning to take a break anyway, that you wait until Legacy of the Dragonborn v5 has been released and this guide updated to use v5, then reinstall the guide from scratch and start afresh.

Thanks for the response. This helps a lot and I look forward to v5 of LotD. The current version had so much content can not wait to see what they do with v5.

I can load the game, create a character, load into the Alternate Start "Cell" and modify MCM menus.  As soon as I choose a start, then wake up, my game freezes, then CTD.  I've chosen to start in the wild, and I can see the fire and surroundings, but then it immediately freezes, then 20 seconds later, crashes.  I've chosen the vanilla start, and I go through it with no problem until I get off the wagon, then it freezes, the about 20 seconds later, CTD.  Anyone have any advice where to start debugging?  I've not added or removed any mods, or changed the load order.  

Thanks

Well, I think we can rule out Mesh or Statues... those issues result in instant CTD, not a delayed one. The first thing that comes to mind is scripting lag, but let's check a few other things first.

You mention you've done both the Vanilla and Start in the Wild. Both of those are in the Helgen area... try a few other areas (Solitude Docks, for example) and see if the same thing results. If it doesn't, we will at least know it is something in that general area that is causing the issue.

For our future reference, if you could provide system specs as well, that may give some insight as well.

Well, I think we can rule out Mesh or Statues... those issues result in instant CTD, not a delayed one. The first thing that comes to mind is scripting lag, but let's check a few other things first.

You mention you've done both the Vanilla and Start in the Wild. Both of those are in the Helgen area... try a few other areas (Solitude Docks, for example) and see if the same thing results. If it doesn't, we will at least know it is something in that general area that is causing the issue.

For our future reference, if you could provide system specs as well, that may give some insight as well.

It also crashed trying to go to the Solitude Docks.  I've reinstalled XPMSSE, as someone had mentioned in an earlier post that it might fix that type of problem.  But no luck with doing that.

Redownloading Landscape Overhaul.  Will update when that is done.

Thank you!

i5-4590

24 GB Ram

1TB Samsung SSD

GTX 980ti (6GB)

Edited by bfree380

It also crashed trying to go to the Solitude Docks.  I've reinstalled XPMSSE, as someone had mentioned in an earlier post that it might fix that type of problem.  But no luck with doing that.

Redownloading Landscape Overhaul.  Will update when that is done.

Thank you!

i5-4590

24 GB Ram

1TB Samsung SSD

GTX 980ti (6GB)

Okay, reinstalled the Landscape Overhaul HD then tried to start in the inn in Riften.  It actually let me in.  I'm remoted into my computer right now, and am working on getting out of the inn :D  Will update when I do that.

UPDATE:  I am outside in Riften right now.  It seems to be working.  When I get home, I'll try and load into the wilds option.  Thanks for the help!

Edited by bfree380

Okay, reinstalled the Landscape Overhaul HD then tried to start in the inn in Riften.  It actually let me in.  I'm remoted into my computer right now, and am working on getting out of the inn :D  Will update when I do that.

UPDATE:  I am outside in Riften right now.  It seems to be working.  When I get home, I'll try and load into the wilds option.  Thanks for the help!

Update 2:  So it still won't load the wilds alternate start.  So there may be something about the area, maybe?

Update 2:  So it still won't load the wilds alternate start.  So there may be something about the area, maybe?

To add to this oddness, I was able to start in the Inn in Riverwood.  I made my way to helgen, and had no problem getting there and seeing the dragon fly off.  Not sure what has happened, but I am able to play now.  Thanks for all the work you've done, and for the support you give folks following your guide!

Wondering if anyone could explain best practice around adding bash tags?

I think I understand how bash tags are added and used for Wrye Bash (I'm assuming they help to bring forward or disregard relevant changes for the bash patch).

1.  What I'm not clear on is why LOOT also shows (and allows adding new) bash tags?  If the tags are added in LOOT, they don't seem to apply when the mod is viewed in Bash - so not understanding why that's even an available LOOT option?  (since it seems the tags should simply be added via Bash)

2.  Then, for purposes of the guide, should we be adding tags via Wrye Bash, LOOT, both?

A bit confused by some of the language in the guide. I am not terribly experienced with modding but have done step a few times and some of my own setups. anyway, while installing mods in the guide i came across this language:

"Special After Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):"

This was under A Matter of Time. The problem is that it says "do not install" but "after installation". My approach has been to install but then delete the files using the file explorer via MO before activating the mod (check box).

Am I doing this right?

The only other option I could think of was to open the archive then rezip it after deleting the files and then installing.

• +1 1

Wondering if anyone could explain best practice around adding bash tags?

I think I understand how bash tags are added and used for Wrye Bash (I'm assuming they help to bring forward or disregard relevant changes for the bash patch).

1.  What I'm not clear on is why LOOT also shows (and allows adding new) bash tags?  If the tags are added in LOOT, they don't seem to apply when the mod is viewed in Bash - so not understanding why that's even an available LOOT option?  (since it seems the tags should simply be added via Bash)

2.  Then, for purposes of the guide, should we be adding tags via Wrye Bash, LOOT, both?

It actually doesn't matter if you use Wrye bash or LOOT to add Bash Tags personally I have always used Wrye Bash.

A bit confused by some of the language in the guide. I am not terribly experienced with modding but have done step a few times and some of my own setups. anyway, while installing mods in the guide i came across this language:

"Special After Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):"

This was under A Matter of Time. The problem is that it says "do not install" but "after installation". My approach has been to install but then delete the files using the file explorer via MO before activating the mod (check box).

Am I doing this right?

The only other option I could think of was to open the archive then rezip it after deleting the files and then installing.

they you are doing it is fine along and the file is removed some it say Special Installation Instructions: Delete the following file(s) and/or folder(s): others Special After Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s): usually it depend if the file in either inside a FOMOD or a BSA or it might just be how i copied and pasted it. The main thing is that files that need to be removed are removed.

• +1 1