Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

iPurpleRayne hi! Textures and meshes shouldn't be a problem, provided there are meshes to replace or override the ones you are removing....Armor conversion, i take it you mean from Skyrim LE? If so have you recompiled it in CK to form 44 from LE 43, and have you run the meshes extracted from the bsa(if it has one) through SSE Nif optimizer or better the new SSE Assets Optimizer tool, that can rebuild your .bsa after optimizing the meshes.....non converted form and meshes not optimized for Skyrim SE, will lead to CTD......and yes a new game if you are happy to do that..start on a fresh save!

Hi splendid peoples, I updated and redid all the merges then on the finishing line I opened a new game and coc jumped to all places on the list no probs but just to check I decided to take wander from Meridia to Solitude on the higher path and got a ctd as I turned towards Solitude. I seem to be having the same trouble as before with ctds in certain areas. This time I know none of the final page patches are responsible as I have not run these yet so I'm thinking reinstall all the mods which is a pain but I do not know what is causing the problem. I noticed various problems and mistakes I had made with the merges before especially with removing un-needed esps which it would appear I had not done consistently. Now that I have I'm still getting these problems. My system should be able to run this guide as it always has done in the past with similar load orders and graphics in OldRim so that should not be a problem in the new 64bit version. So before I re-do the full install I would love to hear any ideas or short cuts to finding the culprits that are stopping me from getting near to Solitude, Windhelm and Dawnstar.

Thanks very muchly in advance of any proffered wisdom,

::):

at this point i don't know why it could be other the Statues of skyrim might be best to come to the discord cos you will be better support there then on the forums.

Edit: Actually I have heard some users have issues with Landscape Overhaul by Luxor try disabling that.

at this point i don't know why it could be other the Statues of skyrim might be best to come to the discord cos you will be better support there then on the forums.

Edit: Actually I have heard some users have issues with Landscape Overhaul by Luxor try disabling that.

Ok I'll try that. Not really used the discord before but had a look. I'll check out landscape overhaul before I try anything else. I reinstalled Statues either way it's entirely possible that I messed up somewhere. Hopefully it'll be something like one of the landscape mods.

::):

It would appear that that was the problem (Landscape Overhaul by Luxor), should I replace it with anything, reinstall it or leave it out and just get funky with the rest of the finishing line? Is it a mod problem, I guess I could explore that myself, but feel it wont look quite so spiffing without it.  ::):

It would appear that that was the problem (Landscape Overhaul by Luxor), should I replace it with anything, reinstall it or leave it out and just get funky with the rest of the finishing line? Is it a mod problem, I guess I could explore that myself, but feel it wont look quite so spiffing without it.  ::):

redownload and reinstall it it still fail after that my only suggestion would be to leave it out. there other landscape overhaul you could use.

redownload and reinstall it it still fail after that my only suggestion would be to live it out.

Thanks very much for the help. Fingers crossed I can try out a new character some kind of cross between, Indiana Jones, Star lord and Tasselhof Burrfoot. ::D:

some users over on Discord say simply deleting the LOD Folder solve the issues with Landscape Overhaul.

I manually downloaded it and re-installed. Got off the boat at solitude so I think that has done the trick. So onwards. Get LodGen going then off to shops. Thanks again.  ::):

Edited by Smile44

I've been installing the guide and I'm merging Lexy's LOTD consistency patches and I've run into an issue. I did not install the improved closedface helmets mod because I personally am not a fan of it, but the .esp for closedface helmests,  Imp_helm_legend, is a required master file for 3 of the consistency patches. Immersive Creatures, Brotherhood of Old, and LOTD. Normally this would not be an issue as I would just create a dummy master in wyre bash, remove the errors in SEEdit, and clean the master files, as i have done with a few of the other mods in this step guide. However with these 3 files after removing the error's and cleaning the master files it is not removing imp_helm_legend as a required master file. Is there something I'm missing here? I've never run into this issue before. 

If i decide to not activate Frostfall, will this have any negative effects on the stability of the modded game in general

Also. Lexy have you ever thought of adding the oldrim mod 83willow101BUgs to the guide? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4955?tab=posts&BH=0

Thanks

A) With regards to Frostfall, you can leave it inactive with no issues.

B) For 83 Willow, that would require, at a minimum, a lot of patching to make it all work with CACO, IIRC. It's certainly possible. Not sure how likely it is to be added right now though - the Trello is on hold for new additions because of how backed up it is, so she and the Testing Team are a tad bit swamped.