Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Despite Lexy having answered these both already, I'll add my two cents as well.

Wondering if anyone could explain best practice around adding bash tags?

I think I understand how bash tags are added and used for Wrye Bash (I'm assuming they help to bring forward or disregard relevant changes for the bash patch).

1.  What I'm not clear on is why LOOT also shows (and allows adding new) bash tags?  If the tags are added in LOOT, they don't seem to apply when the mod is viewed in Bash - so not understanding why that's even an available LOOT option?  (since it seems the tags should simply be added via Bash)

2.  Then, for purposes of the guide, should we be adding tags via Wrye Bash, LOOT, both?

I've never added tags through LOOT. Until a few months ago, I didn't even know it was a thing. If your experience shows that tags added in LOOT don't carry over, than I'd say that doing all the tags in WB just makes sense, so as not to do double the work.

A bit confused by some of the language in the guide. I am not terribly experienced with modding but have done step a few times and some of my own setups. anyway, while installing mods in the guide i came across this language:

"Special After Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):"

This was under A Matter of Time. The problem is that it says "do not install" but "after installation". My approach has been to install but then delete the files using the file explorer via MO before activating the mod (check box).

Am I doing this right?

The only other option I could think of was to open the archive then rezip it after deleting the files and then installing.

The guide hasn't had a big overhaul for clarity in quite some time - this is being worked on (slowly and in the background). The two instruction sets you are referring to can be used interchangeably, and will be "After installation, delete..." when the rewrite is done. There is no real difference between deleting a thing after it is installed and never having installed the file in the first place... but since many mods don't allow you to cherry pick which specific files get installed (there actually is a way, but it's never really talked about in the guide), it's simpler to just delete them after installation to keep this kind of confusion from happening.

Hei to everyone and thanks for the work your are doing.. a big one

Aside of showing my appreciation also i would like to post some feedback.. I know is utterly impossible to build a mod list that suits everybody, but I think that (AFIK) totally unimportant mods like -don't talk with your mouth full- or - spinning logo- that for me only bloats the long list .... Cannot those mods be optional instead of core??

How a spinning logo that you see only for a few seconds in the whole gaming experience can be "Core"?

Still, grateful for your work and generosity, dunno want to push anyone, just i don't get it  :)

Hi. I've just started the Lexy's LOTD mod today.   I hope this is the right place for suggestions and questions.   Regarding the "Faster Mining Plus SE", the guide states to

1. Install "FMPSE 6-3 Script (v2.0)". 
  2. Delete the following file(s) and/or folder(s) .... (but no files or folders are listed)
  3. Use the downloaded "Faster Mining Plus SE, Ars Metallica and Fossil Mining " fixed script instead.

Well, since FMPSE 6-3 has only one file: mineorescript.pex, and that file is overwritten by contents of second downloaded folder, why are we installing the first archive at all?

No big deal. but I think that little section is a bit confusing.

Thanks for the guide!

Hei to everyone and thanks for the work your are doing.. a big one

Aside of showing my appreciation also i would like to post some feedback.. I know is utterly impossible to build a mod list that suits everybody, but I think that (AFIK) totally unimportant mods like -don't talk with your mouth full- or - spinning logo- that for me only bloats the long list .... Cannot those mods be optional instead of core??

How a spinning logo that you see only for a few seconds in the whole gaming experience can be "Core"?

Still, grateful for your work and generosity, dunno want to push anyone, just i don't get it  :)

I don't disagree... and it is something to be looked at. As I mentiond a few posts ago, there is a guide overhaul in progress (not the updates that Lexy does every week - a serious overhaul of its setup and wording), and things like this are brought up with Lexy. Some things will change, others not... and I can't really say which will happen to what. Remember that, in the end, this is HER list, and if she considers a thing CORE (even if you do only see it for a minute), then that's what it will be. I will say, in this case, that if that Logo DIDN'T spin, I'd be very worried I'd messed something up... I've had it for so long, I sometimes forget it isn't vanilla behavior...

Hi. I've just started the Lexy's LOTD mod today.   I hope this is the right place for suggestions and questions.   Regarding the "Faster Mining Plus SE", the guide states to

1. Install "FMPSE 6-3 Script (v2.0)". 
  2. Delete the following file(s) and/or folder(s) .... (but no files or folders are listed)
  3. Use the downloaded "Faster Mining Plus SE, Ars Metallica and Fossil Mining " fixed script instead.

Well, since FMPSE 6-3 has only one file: mineorescript.pex, and that file is overwritten by contents of second downloaded folder, why are we installing the first archive at all?

No big deal. but I think that little section is a bit confusing.

Thanks for the guide!

We install the first one to deliberately force you onto the original mod page - hopefully to read what the mod does, maybe even give the file an endorsement. The replacement ESPs and scripts are for compatibility reasons, and in no way takes away credit from those who did the work - it should be acknowledged and appreciated.

SO there's a few things that we always recommend checking - I realize you may have done some of these already, but since you didn't say, I won't assume. :)

A) Just after the LOOT process in Finishing Line, thee is a list of places to try COC'ing into. Try this process again... the intent in this test is to make sure all the statues were renamed properly, and Lexy listed the easiest ones to check. I can't recall is Morthal has on in it's area or not, but that's the first thing to check. If this test results in CTD, then you need to go into the guide instructions for Stunning Statues and the Talos staute mod (whose name escapes me at the moment) and make sure you've followed them and that all spellings are correct.

B) In Skyrim - Immersive Creatures, make sure that the Goblin spawns are turned off - they have been known to cause CTD because of the rocks they throw having bad meshes. Also verify all the other spawns in that mod are set properly while you are at it.

C) If neither of those turn out to be the issue, it'll be time for more intensive searching. The next thing I'd do at that point is COC into Morthal itself and see if it CTDs or not. This may give an indication if it's the city itself, or something surrounding it.

Let's go with those for now, and see what happens.

Hi Lexy,

Loot Metadata Update Required:NoGrassINCaves.esp -  Add to NPC Retextures GroupNoGrassINCaves.esp -  Load After NPC Retexture Merge SSE.esp

is mentioned in the main guide but not mentioned on the changelog and on the finishing line. Think you forgot it :)

WOW!!!

This has been amazing. Been playing non stop then added a few magic mods and player homes.

No issues whatsoever.

Question if I was to add beyond skyrim Bruma would there be any known conflicts? Asking because I think I remember it in the guide a while ago but then it isn't anymore. Am I remembering wrong?

Hi Lexy,

Loot Metadata Update Required:NoGrassINCaves.esp -  Add to NPC Retextures GroupNoGrassINCaves.esp -  Load After NPC Retexture Merge SSE.esp

is mentioned in the main guide but not mentioned on the changelog and on the finishing line. Think you forgot it :)

no that has been there for a while the rule is so NoGrassINCaves.esp loads in the correct place for merging.

Hi Lexy,

That mod is eventually merged into the ELE Merge. The rule isn't at the end because its handled by the LOOT rules for ELE Merged.