Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Would anything get massively broken if I used Veydosebrom instead of Verdant?

No, although you would have to get appropriate versions of some of the mod patches to replace them... thinking mostly about No Grass In Caves and the Landscape fixes. We used to use a version of Vey before it vanished for a while, and I think I've heard rumblings of maybe going back, but for the moment, keep in mind that the change would not be supported in the Help Desks on Discord... though the non-guide-mods channel would likely be more than willing to assist.

Hello. I'm new here and new to modding in general. Perhaps this guide is a bit too advanced for a newbie like myself, but I really wanted to take a crack at it. I'm learning a lot from the experience so far, so thank you for all the hard work and effort that went into this guide.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Required bash tags for some mods don't show up in Wrye Bash. Do I understand correctly that adding them via LOOT alone is sufficient?

2. Is there a best practices for adding/replacing/removing mods to or from the build?

Thanks again for you help. 

1) As Lexy indicated, your version of WB is out of date - if the tags don't show in WB, it won't matter WHERE you set them, it won't use them. Update to the one linked on PreRequisites, and all should be well in that regard. So far as setting them in LOOT is concerned, I am aware that's a thing, but I wouldn't for the very reason this post was made - if it doesn't show in WB, it won't matter anyhow, so you might well miss an install problem by doing so.

2) There is enough to that question I could likely go on for quite some time. I can tell you what my personal practices are, but with a guide this large and expansive, adding things in can be dicey at times. As already mentioned, if it's just an SKSE plugin or script files or anything that does not use an ESP/EDM/ESL file, it should be safe to drop in where ever.

For those that do use plugins, I place all my non-guide mods AFTER the main guide mod installs, but BEFORE the Finishing Line mods. I prefer not to mix guide- and non-guide mods unless it's required for the non-guide one to work, and then I ensure I've marked it as Non-Guide for easy identification later on. Once they're installed, I run the entire Finishing Line section again (as required)... usually that means Bash/Smash/zEdit, with the occassional DynDOLOD. You should only have to run the sections that pertain to the mods you install.

Other than that, CR and placement is entirely on you. No real best practices - the only real practice is to drop it in, look at it, fix it if you want it to play well with others.

if the STATS and Names tag aren't showing you have the old version on Wrye Bash make sure you are using the version linked to on the Prerequisites Page.

Well do I feel stupid...it was the wrong version. I was certain I had downloaded the right one. Thanks a bunch. I can go forward with this beast now. 

2) There is enough to that question I could likely go on for quite some time. I can tell you what my personal practices are, but with a guide this large and expansive, adding things in can be dicey at times. As already mentioned, if it's just an SKSE plugin or script files or anything that does not use an ESP/EDM/ESL file, it should be safe to drop in where ever.

For those that do use plugins, I place all my non-guide mods AFTER the main guide mod installs, but BEFORE the Finishing Line mods. I prefer not to mix guide- and non-guide mods unless it's required for the non-guide one to work, and then I ensure I've marked it as Non-Guide for easy identification later on. Once they're installed, I run the entire Finishing Line section again (as required)... usually that means Bash/Smash/zEdit, with the occassional DynDOLOD. You should only have to run the sections that pertain to the mods you install.

Other than that, CR and placement is entirely on you. No real best practices - the only real practice is to drop it in, look at it, fix it if you want it to play well with others.

Yeah, fiddling with the guide sounds like a pro move I'm not yet ready for. Gotta practice my modding kung fu. 

Hello, has anyone had the problem of constant dragon spawning?  I have deadly dragons set to 1 dragon for assault every 90 hrs in the MCM .  I just had to kill 5 in a row, 1 at a time.  First one was inside Solitude, then next 4 in Dragon Bridge.

• +1 1

Unfortunately, I've run into another snag when running xLodgen...

[05:31] d:\modding\sselodgen_output\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.16.32.-32.dds

Thread creation error: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command

There are other similar errors sprinkled throughout the generation. I thought I was good on memory, tbh honest. 
Ram: 16 Gigs
SSD: ADATA SU800 500 Gigs
Graphrics: MSI Aero GTX 1070

Should I not bother with xLodGen? Can I at least run DynDoLod without it? 
Edited by RinWes

Thanks for this awesome mod collection and guide! I've waited long to start modding SE Skyrim.

The Flying Knight mod is a really nice way to honour a friend. I'm sure he/she would appreciate it.

Everything went well with modding until I launched the game and one issue just poked my eye..

There is no breast bounce  :teehee:

It's not a big deal but as a somewhat perfectionist I'd like to solve the problem.

My solving chain so far:

-I noticed the SKSE had updated since June, when I started modding.

-I updated SKSE, and all SKSE-mods that needed updating and were flagged red in MO2.

-Ran FNIS again.

-I reinstalled  CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR

-and disabled Immersive CBP Config

-Disabled all bash patches etc what comes after FNIS in the Finishing Line section

-Ran FNIS again

-Merged Immersive CBP Config with CBPC-CBP Physics

-Ran FNIS again.

Nothing worked.

Any ideas what might cause this?

Thanks for this awesome mod collection and guide! I've waited long to start modding SE Skyrim.

The Flying Knight mod is a really nice way to honour a friend. I'm sure he/she would appreciate it.

Everything went well with modding until I launched the game and one issue just poked my eye..

There is no breast bounce  :teehee:

It's not a big deal but as a somewhat perfectionist I'd like to solve the problem.

My solving chain so far:

-I noticed the SKSE had updated since June, when I started modding.

-I updated SKSE, and all SKSE-mods that needed updating and were flagged red in MO2.

-Ran FNIS again.

-I reinstalled  CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR

-and disabled Immersive CBP Config

-Disabled all bash patches etc what comes after FNIS in the Finishing Line section

-Ran FNIS again

-Merged Immersive CBP Config with CBPC-CBP Physics

-Ran FNIS again.

Nothing worked.

Any ideas what might cause this?

OK!

Problem solved. It seems that physics don't work in the alternate start cell. After that bounce is working. lol

In the MCM menu ... Obis Bandits Extra Spawns and FNIS PCEA2 Bergzone_immersive A is it OK to enable them ?

Within the entire MCM menu ... if one decides not to follow the Lexy's Guide completely are there any entries which should not be enabled since they will break the game as per Lexy's ideology ?  (hope my question is clear - english is not my native language)

@DarkladyLexy, I know you were talking about testing XENB on the Trello. Were you setting Ambient Occulsion to off in the Skyrim INIs when testing that? Also were you using the Vsync available in the ENB or setting it in the NVidia Profile? I ask because VSync in XENB is set automatically.

In the MCM menu ... Obis Bandits Extra Spawns and FNIS PCEA2 Bergzone_immersive A is it OK to enable them ?

Within the entire MCM menu ... if one decides not to follow the Lexy's Guide completely are there any entries which should not be enabled since they will break the game as per Lexy's ideology ?  (hope my question is clear - english is not my native language)

In regards to OBIS, the Patrols addon and Populated Skyrim in the OMEGa install adds a bunch of extra bandits so you may want to hold off on adding even more. The Animations is a good question, but my gut is that you can add them just be aware that there may be some wonkyness.

In regards to the MCM menues as a whole, correct me if I'm wrong but there shouldn't be too many issues that will break the game. Its just that everything is kinda designed to be setup in a particular way. If you're okay with ironing out the issues on your own then you can change the settings yourself just be cognizant of that.

The only settings I would stick to as scripture with the guide setup is the Diverse Dragons MCM and the Immersive Armors MCM. For Diverse Dragons, the three dragons that are deactivated are impossible to kill... IIRC, it's because they all have health regen that is higher than a player's ability to hurt it. For Immersive Armors, the Barbarian Hero armor has some visual glitches that are pretty nasty, and so need turning off to prevent them being worn by NPCs. Pretty much anything else is personal preference - Animations and extra spawns are pretty much fair game. I'd be wary of the goblin spawns in SiC, however, as they have been reported to cause CTD on occasion.

Anyone able to help with figuring out what might be causing a couple of CTDs? Running the entire mod guide without Keep It Clean and have added ENB Light. My game CTDs so far exiting from dragonsreach into Whiterun, after having walked from the Whiterun gate to just before the markets and entering the Rorikstead inn.