Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi All

Firstly thank you for the contributions to this wonderful guide and the commitment you have made to it.

I have a question around coming back to the guide after a number of months off and your methodology to approaching updating.

Do you,

1. Delete and reinstall from scratch.

2. De-select everything in MO and go through updating

3. Approach an ad-hoc method of randomly updating parts

4. Something else infinitely more efficient???

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Question with the Converting Old Plugins step, do we follow the scenarios based on whether or not the masters are esp's or if we have the SSE Creation Kit Fixes? I'm not sure if we should follow scenario A all the time because I have the SSE Creation Kit Fixes or if I should follow scenario B when it would be applicable.

Hi All

Firstly thank you for the contributions to this wonderful guide and the commitment you have made to it.

I have a question around coming back to the guide after a number of months off and your methodology to approaching updating.

Do you,

1. Delete and reinstall from scratch.

2. De-select everything in MO and go through updating

3. Approach an ad-hoc method of randomly updating parts

4. Something else infinitely more efficient???

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

depends when your last install was you find it easier to Delete and reinstall from scratch.

Question with the Converting Old Plugins step, do we follow the scenarios based on whether or not the masters are esp's or if we have the SSE Creation Kit Fixes? I'm not sure if we should follow scenario A all the time because I have the SSE Creation Kit Fixes or if I should follow scenario B when it would be applicable.

follow the scenarios based on whether you have the SSE Creation Kit Fixes installed or not (you really should have SSE Creation Kit Fixes installed). So scenario A if you do scenario B if you don't

Days later and I am still modding and fine-tuning my build (it's addictive..) on top of this guide as a solid base. I added a bunch of city overhauls. Only problem is now I am massively over my limit, well not really (.esl files and everything already merged it is still well below the limit), but for Wrye Bash reasons to function I am over the limit. As it can't load all (as you mentioned before).

I know that merging city and town mods is a no-go , as it causes problems with NavMesh. What if instead, I choose to temporarily deactivate all those city/town overhauls (dawn of skyrim, great city of, t'skyrim etc.) and load all the rest of my load order -> start up Wrye bash -> make my bashed patch -> Exit, then reactivate all the town mods again.

Would that be OK? As I can't for the life of me see anything else I could possibly merge that would help me otherwise. Since the towns and city overhauls alone are about 14 esp's or so. I wasn't sure if those type of mods would matter in the end result of the bashed patch.

Edited by Geo92

Days later and I am still modding and fine-tuning my build (it's addictive..) on top of this guide as a solid base. I added a bunch of city overhauls. Only problem is now I am massively over my limit, well not really (.esl files and everything already merged it is still well below the limit), but for Wrye Bash reasons to function I am over the limit. As it can't load all (as you mentioned before).

I know that merging city and town mods is a no-go , as it causes problems with NavMesh. What if instead, I choose to temporarily deactivate all those city/town overhauls (dawn of skyrim, great city of, t'skyrim etc.) and load all the rest of my load order -> start up Wrye bash -> make my bashed patch -> Exit, then reactivate all the town mods again.

Would that be OK? As I can't for the life of me see anything else I could possibly merge that would help me otherwise. Since the towns and city overhauls alone are about 14 esp's or so. I wasn't sure if those type of mods would matter in the end result of the bashed patch.

Geo92 hi! If you have settled on all the mods you wish in this build, then run Wyre bash...it will auto deselect mods over the top(255), let it run with all the tags etc. It will again deselect mods that is merged into it, let it complete, and close. In MO2 re-select the ones it deactivated as too many, and rerun wyre bash(PS....important DO NOT re-select the mods that have been merged and deactivated...normally they are green) you only want the ones deactivated on the first run...again usually at the bottom(Those over 255). And don't merge the city/town mods unless you know how to deal with the navmesh conflicts

Geo92 hi! If you have settled on all the mods you wish in this build, then run Wyre bash...it will auto deselect mods over the top(255), let it run with all the tags etc. It will again deselect mods that is merged into it, let it complete, and close. In MO2 re-select the ones it deactivated as too many, and rerun wyre bash(PS....important DO NOT re-select the mods that have been merged and deactivated...normally they are green) you only want the ones deactivated on the first run...again usually at the bottom(Those over 255). And don't merge the city/town mods unless you know how to deal with the navmesh conflicts

Hey. Oh I see, I thought that wasn't possible. Again something new I learned, thanks :). Will try that right now.

Does that trick also work with Mator Smash? Since afterwards the Smashed Patch needs to be made.

Edited by Geo92

Is there a list or a map of encounter zone levels? I used the tgm console command to get through bleak falls barrows because I've done it a million times, and I always do that, and then I got up to High Hrothgar, but the tomb with the horn is level 40+. I'm level 11 from killing wolves and exploring in the open world. Any suggestions on where (besides embershard mine) I should look for dungeons to clear?

Is there a list or a map of encounter zone levels? I used the tgm console command to get through bleak falls barrows because I've done it a million times, and I always do that, and then I got up to High Hrothgar, but the tomb with the horn is level 40+. I'm level 11 from killing wolves and exploring in the open world. Any suggestions on where (besides embershard mine) I should look for dungeons to clear?

to be honest the best way to level with experience and gain XP is not to clear dungeons but go quests do grant work from the Missives Board or join a faction. Don't rush the Main Quest in fact it best to totally ignore it. the easiest way to gain XP is Mining Ore for Blacksmiths each time you complete one of those it 50XP. for example i am level 30 just started Dawnguard but i have also have only just got the horn for the grey beards

to be honest the best way to level with experience and gain XP is not to clear dungeons but go quests do grant work from the Missives Board or join a faction. Don't rush the Main Quest in fact it best to totally ignore it. the easiest way to gain XP is Mining Ore for Blacksmiths each time you complete one of those it 50XP. for example i am level 30 just started Dawnguard but i have also have only just got the horn for the grey beards

By the way... how to identifY the main quests?? I am level 20 and just Explore from City to city and have really i think 50 quests and on the map its like 200 quest markers.. i dont really have an overview.. just walk from arrow to arrow and dont really know what im doing.

Maybe theres a mod which is more organized then vanilla. :)

I just finished a brand new install from the ground up. Everything looks beautiful and works great, with one exception.

I'm having an issue with trees. Take Whiterun for example, when I come out of the city, I see no trees in the surrounding area, as I get closer they do pop-in. but I have to get pretty close to them, I've checked and double checked that I installed all tree, flora, and landscape mods as instructed, and have run XLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD correctly and successfully. My previous install didn't have this issue. Any ideas where I can start to look for what went wrong?

Anyone experiencing performance issues with GTX 970? Before I installed any of the graphics mods, I took a bit of my time digging up information on the compatibility of 970 with Lexy's guide. Experiences I read seemed to be positive, and if there were any performance issues, they were resolved, more or less. So anyway, I still haven't finished the guide, right now instead I'm going through a testing phase (coc Azura, etc). Game looks great, but FPS not, unfortunately. With ENB enabled, standard FPS is around 30, maximum 45 to 50 (rare). Disabling ENB also doesn't help a lot, so for instance, at coc whiterun my FPS almost remains the same with or without ENB, "capped" at 30. (Though, at Shrine of Azura, I must say, it does help, reaching the values from 40 to 50, not stable. Still unsatisfactory, ah). I know that some people tweaked their ENB settings, and they achieved great results, so wouldn't that mean that without the ENB at all, I shouldn't in principle have this hassles? Anyway, is there anything I can do with BethINI, or other stuff? I don't really have an idea... VSync is forced on only in NVIDIA Inspector (also in Control Panel), if that might help as a reference. In regards to installed textures and flora mods, I don't have a single 4K mod (if I'm not mistaken), mainly those 2K retextures; Verdant and other flora are enabled. No DynDOLOD yet, of course.

Hi everyone! 

I installed the guide and so far I love it. I just have a couple of questions. I done goofed and forgot to install "Dual Wielding Improved Animation SSE." How do I rectify this without too much hassle? Do I just install and hand place it somewhere, then rerun FNIS? Also is Dual Sheath Redux included anywhere in the guide? My left handed weapons aren't showing up anywhere on my bod. 

Your help is much appreciated.