Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

So i really enjoy JK's Skyrim and Palace and Castles Enhanced to simply improve how things look. I assume its not in the guide due to performance reasons but is there another reason like conflicts or anything?

Well JK's Skyrim is lovely to look at, but it is a known resource hog and having that on top of a heavy guide would not be good. I personally had https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71018 this mod in its place. Again if you are comfortable with modding and fixing conflicts yourself, you could try https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide, on top of this guide if you are selective....I've had this on my LE build with minor issues. As for PCE i love it and use it...but it conflicts with Snazzy's mod and you will have to adjust issues in game with Jaxonz positioner mod...AND YES you have to deal with the issues yourself...but tha'ts how we learn is it not...hope this helps happy modding

So i really enjoy JK's Skyrim and Palace and Castles Enhanced to simply improve how things look. I assume its not in the guide due to performance reasons but is there another reason like conflicts or anything?

JK's Skyrim has major NPC pathing issues in some towns when using Immersive Citizens. I tested it the other day and sadly they still exist. Personally I would rather get rid of IC than JK but it's not possible when using this guide since it's so deeply embedded. Apparently there is a team working on getting the 2 mods to work together so there is hope. I do agree though, it's very hard to play with JK's Skyrim for years and then be without it... I really hope we see it in the guide at some point.

Edited by tyrindor

Well JK's Skyrim is lovely to look at, but it is a known resource hog and having that on top of a heavy guide would not be good. I personally had https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71018 this mod in its place. Again if you are comfortable with modding and fixing conflicts yourself, you could try https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide, on top of this guide if you are selective....I've had this on my LE build with minor issues. As for PCE i love it and use it...but it conflicts with Snazzy's mod and you will have to adjust issues in game with Jaxonz positioner mod...AND YES you have to deal with the issues yourself...but tha'ts how we learn is it not...hope this helps happy modding

I thought snazzy was fine as long as you used the replacer version only? That is what i am currently doing and have yet to notice anything though i could just not be paying enough attention, too busy looking at the pretty decorations lol

Yeah going back to the vanilla towns and palaces is tough now for me lol. i dont really see a hit on perforamce in my current setup as i play at 1440p and have a 1080ti so i may try to get away with it when i finish this guide and see what happens.

Edited by Ser_Dakota

I thought snazzy was fine as long as you used the replacer version only? That is what i am currently doing and have yet to notice anything though i could just not be paying enough attention, too busy looking at the pretty decorations lol

Yeah going back to the vanilla towns and palaces is tough now for me lol. i dont really see a hit on perforamce in my current setup as i play at 1440p and have a 1080ti so i may try to get away with it when i finish this guide and see what happens.

My apologies, when i wrote this i had just been on the LE Darth guide and forgot that i had switched over to Lexy's guide. My above post was based on my LE setup, that had the mentioned mods and city expansions guide built on top of: Lexy has removed PCE from the trello board as there is a lot of issues/conflicts to fix...she would be best to advise in regards to this. AGAIN MY APOLOGIES for my previous post

I started a new game last night with DynDOLOD disabled since it was causing crashes for me. First thing I did was configure MCM settings before leaving the Alternate Start cell. There are several mods that I know were installed that are not listed in MCM. A Matter of Time, GIST and IHud are some off top of my head. Is there any way to manually add them to MCM?

Thanks to some help from people in Discord I discovered that the reason I have many missing mods in the MCM menu was because after I added them to a merged patch, I unchecked them in the left pane.  I assumed that was the correct thing to do in order to remove them from the list of plugins in the right pane in order to get my load order under 255 plugins.  What someone in Discord told me to do was activate the plugins that got merged in the left pane but move all the ESPs that got merged to Optional ESPs.  If that guidance was specified somewhere in the guide then I completely missed it.  For the mods that I know have MCM settings due to Lexy providing MCM configuration settings, I enabled all of them in the left pane and moved them to Optional ESPs.  When I started the game all the MCM menus registered.

My main concern now is what do I do in the left pane for all the other mods that were included in all of the other merged plugsins?  For example, in the LOTD Patches Merged section there are 37 total plugins.  What am I supposed to do with all of those on the left pane?  

Edited by Rescorla

Actually if load the mod in ssedit and check for errors this is what I get :

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [FE 000] Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp
[00:00] DLC1EncSabreCatVale "Vale Sabre Cat" [NPC_:02003C67]
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Factions \ SNAM - Faction \ Faction -> [41005993] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005992] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] DLC2EncWerebear "Werebear" [NPC_:040322B1]
[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005996] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] All Done!

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [FE 000] Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Factions \ SNAM - Faction \ Faction -> [41005993] < Error: Could not be resolved >

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005992] < Error: Could not be resolved >

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005996] < Error: Could not be resolved >

Well it seems that I fixed it by forwarding from animal and predator... Now I get my menu :-) Will enjoy my weekend!

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Factions \ SNAM - Faction \ Faction -> [41005993]

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005992]

[00:00]     NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> [41005996]

you likely missed something out the animals merged.

you likely missed something out the animals merged.

Actually no ! loll but i have my birds merged with it : (because I like them and it's more immersive... It make skyrim alive to me - but I agree it's kinda strange to see birds in college of winterhold in the snow tho! And I like the swans because I have the chance to see real swans once in a while and they come to see us by the pier at work during lunch time. (might post a pic one on these day!)

BirdsAndFlocks_SSE.esp

BirdsOfSkyrim_SSE.esp

Ducks and Swans.esp

They are at the end after your consistency patch, should I try with your patch last to see ? I can give it a try tomorrow after work!

Actually no ! loll but i have my birds merged with it : (because I like them and it's more immersive... It make skyrim alive to me - but I agree it's kinda strange to see birds in college of winterhold in the snow tho! And I like the swans because I have the chance to see real swans once in a while and they come to see us by the pier at work during lunch time. (might post a pic one on these day!)

BirdsAndFlocks_SSE.esp

BirdsOfSkyrim_SSE.esp

Ducks and Swans.esp

They are at the end after your consistency patch, should I try with your patch last to see ? I can give it a try tomorrow after work!

yeah that might of renumbered the formids thus cos the error just copy across from your merge to my SMASH Override