Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Concerning the Experience Mod...

During the site down, I just updated my Darth Mathias SRLE (but did not updated the CACO which is sad because I did not wanted to mess everything..) But I put the Experience mod into it and play it a bit...  I was Level 26 and from what I've seen, it seems the mod give you credit for past quests completed... As an example, when I went near The Lovers Overlook (that was cleared previously at the beginning of game) it give me experience points for it... I assume it would be the same for SSE, but did not test it because we were in a middle of an update... Anyone seen this when the mod is integrated into a gameplay?

Concerning the Experience Mod...

During the site down, I just updated my Darth Mathias SRLE (but did not updated the CACO which is sad because I did not wanted to mess everything..) But I put the Experience mod into it and play it a bit...  I was Level 26 and from what I've seen, it seems the mod give you credit for past quests completed... As an example, when I went near The Lovers Overlook (that was cleared previously at the beginning of game) it give me experience points for it... I assume it would be the same for SSE, but did not test it because we were in a middle of an update... Anyone seen this when the mod is integrated into a gameplay?

yes it will do that but normally you wouldn't be adding Experience Mid game you would install it at the start of your playthrough.

yes it will do that but normally you wouldn't be adding Experience Mid game you would install it at the start of your playthrough.

I know it should be for new game loll... I was just kind a surprised. So then that means I'll get XP bonuses for my past completed quests... I don't mind for now as we are still in beta for SSE... Thanks for that input!

I know it should be for new game loll... I was just kind a surprised. So then that means I'll get XP bonuses for my past completed quests... I don't mind for now as we are still in beta for SSE... Thanks for that input!

I've experienced some "bugs" like this with misc quests, so I turned them off to be "safe".

Besides that, did you tried different XP curves?

I've experienced some "bugs" like this with misc quests, so I turned them off to be "safe".

Besides that, did you tried different XP curves?

I Think Misc Quest is off by default in LE and SSE :  iXPQuestMisc=0

I just put XP killing and multi of 2.0 as it was suggested by Shadriss if I remember...

I Think Misc Quest is off by default in LE and SSE :  iXPQuestMisc=0

I just put XP killing and multi of 2.0 as it was suggested by Shadriss if I remember...

I don't recommend XP kill*2, that's too much imo leave it at 1.

You should also try "Level Rate Rebalance" with a custom XP curve, since "Experience" provide  linear XP gains the "exponential" default curve isn't well balanced for it (testing 400+x*15 atm, seems quite balanced).

Another point to note "Map marker" add hundred locations, maybe it's a good idea to lower all the "discovery" XP.

Edited by thecrazyjoe

I don't recommend XP kill*2, that's too much imo leave it at 1.

You should also try "Level Rate Rebalance" with a custom XP curve, since "Experience" provide  linear XP gains the "exponential" default curve isn't well balanced for it (testing 400+x*15 atm, seems quite balanced).

Another point to note "Map marker" add hundred locations, maybe it's a good idea to lower all the "discovery" XP.

Yes it goes fast ! I passed from level 23 to 30 (doing it in LE not SSE for now until SSE update will be finish) just by doing the College of Winterhold Staff of Magnus Quest from start to returning with the staff... not fnished yet!  But I like to whole idea to get xp to complete things and it kinda rewarding see progression in XP it on the top left screen. Maybe it's a matter of choosing the right settings for the INI. If I understand it well, it's either Experience or Level Rate Rebalance right ?

Yes it goes fast ! I passed from level 23 to 30 (doing it in LE not SSE for now until SSE update will be finish) just by doing the College of Winterhold Staff of Magnus Quest from start to returning with the staff... not fnished yet!  But I like to whole idea to get xp to complete things and it kinda rewarding see progression in XP it on the top left screen. Maybe it's a matter of choosing the right settings for the INI. If I understand it well, it's either Experience or Level Rate Rebalance right ?

Yeah that's what I like too, that's why I'm kinda disapointed the misc reward is buggy I hope it'll be fixed one day! But since this guide add A LOT of content we don't want to finish at lvl 150, don't we?  :woot:

No it's two different things, "Experience" implement the new XP system and "Level Rebalance" change the vanilla XP requirement curve and we want to find a "sweet spot" between the two.

Vanilla curve is 75 + x * 25 (where x = lvl, ex. lvl 9>10 require 75 + 10 * 25 = 325 xp, lvl 10>11 = 350 etc), requirement progression is rather quick but XP gains grow accordingly in vanilla, NOT with "Experience" wich give static XP gains from beginning to the end.

Consequence: with Experience and without curve tweaks, character progression is way too quick at the start then became too slow as we advance trough levels. A steadier curve like 400 + x *15 can (theoretically) offset that but need further testing in the long run to make adjustments.

Edited by thecrazyjoe

Hi all, its been a while since I've visited and im quite eager to install this guide. my only question; is it likely/probable that upon getting this guide fully installed and operational that an update will be released for the guide that will require a complete reinstall of the guide? (not just some minor work). any advice would be great. it's just i imagine this will take me a few weeks to install (assuming I don't break it first try) and I'd hate to have to do it again. I'd rather just wait another 6 months to a year if that's the case.

Thanks for all your hard work, much love.

Roy