Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

That's interesting... as I've noted on several occasions, I've completed several of the major addons (including Forgotten City and Grey Cowl) and a good bit of vanilla content, and only just hit 33 or 34. Not sure where our experiences (so to speak) differ, but that is a bit faster than makes sense. 

I think it went fast like that because I revisited places that were previously cleared or already discovered and it gives me credits for it because it's implemented midgame...

Do you put BOTH "Experience" and "Level Rate Rebalance" (which one then)?

The other thing is it would be nice to have perks 50% more ( 1 perk point by each 2 levels as in DathMathias SRLE)... The reason is that you are very limited in the beginning and have so many skills. If you want to progress your simithing, alchemy and enchantment and your combat skills + lockpicking... (but that's only my wish).

I'll admit that I haven't been following this whole debate so forgive me if I'm speaking from ignorance.

This is QUITE the on-going debate though.

1 - Am I not understanding something, or can't Skyrim Skill Uncapper do whatever 'Level Rate Rebalance' is doing?  Maybe a slightly different method of going about it...

2 - Is Skyrim's leveling system so badly messed up that it takes 3 mods to fix? (especially in an already massive list) / What is it about this 'Experience' mod that people find so appealing?

I mean is it really that complicated a subject?  Is it worth the effort?

Skyrim has a lot of systems that were poorly implemented, needed overhauling.  And there have been some clever mods that filled in areas - did things you didn't even know you needed.  The levelling system has never been on that list for me.  It's one part of the game they've always had right, as far as I'm concerned.  I mean, I use the Uncapper and slow it down a bit, try to balance out some of the skills that tend to level much quicker.  That's it.  It's all you need... anyway.  Just my thoughts.

• +1 1

I just started the install of this modpack yesterday.  I ran into a problem with LOOT.  I installed it via the installer and ran it.  When I went into setting to add groups, I only have a group called "default".  I don't have all of those groups that the image has.  Skyrim SE was detected, and it's showing as the active program.

Any idea what went wrong?

I just started the install of this modpack yesterday.  I ran into a problem with LOOT.  I installed it via the installer and ran it.  When I went into setting to add groups, I only have a group called "default".  I don't have all of those groups that the image has.  Skyrim SE was detected, and it's showing as the active program.

Perhaps try updating the masterlist in LOOT first, before you go into the group area. It's one of the buttons along the top right of the LOOT interface I believe.

• +1 1

you need to actaully sort your plugins outside of MO at least once so everything updates.

I'm going to start installing this guide and wanted to get some info.

1) Is there a bug thread where we can post about current bugs?

2) Can this be integrated with StepperUpper to automate a lot of the stuff?

The guide looks really nice!

1. You can post them her of over on Discord. You'll probably get a quicker answer on Discord then the Forum thou but it up to you.

2. As far as I know No.

I recently finished installing the guide and I’m getting two consistent crash to desktops. When I use a carriage to ride to another town I get the animation of climbing up into the carriage then sitting down. The loading screen displays and then I immediately crash. This happens every time regardless of which destination I pick for the carriage.

I also crash every time I approach Dragon Bridge from the south. It happens at the same geographical point. I googled that crash and saw where some people traced the crash to a mesh for a Forsworn boot. Before I go deleting meshes wanted to see if there were other possible solutions.

When Cleaning the Bethesda ESMs per the Prerequisites guide, when I have selected the ESM to clean (for example, Update.esm) and right-click on that .esm to Apply Filter for Cleaning, I have two options:

Apply Filter for Cleaning (all)

Apply Filter for Cleaning (selected).

Which should I chose?  Does it matter?

If it does matter, I chose (selected).  If that's not right, any suggestions on how I fix it?  Can I just restore the backups and run the process again, selecting (all) this time?

The levelling system has never been on that list for me.  It's one part of the game they've always had right, as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't call it broken, by any means. It certainly works, and it works decently well. Experience is designed, mostly, to off set one particular aspect of leveling - the part where you go make a million iron daggers and advance 15 levels in the process... while getting nothing worth while done in the realm of combat survivability. There was a comic about this somewhere, which I can't find again, but in essence, it shows the Dragonborn working on Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting.... while the Draugr are all going to the gym. The net effect is that, even though both are level XX, the Dragur wipes the floor with the Dragonborn because of the lack of skill-ups in the combat department.

Experience changes that by removing the XP gain for skill-ups, as in the vanilla system, and tying it to quest completion, exploration, and (if enabled) combat kills, making it more like a classic RPG in that regard.

So - again - not broken, but not, perhaps, the best implementation they could have used.

How long does it typically take for a guide to go from beta status to released? I finished the guide about 5 days ago but I’m getting some crashes. There have been numerous changes to the guide over past few days so I think it’s best to wait however long it takes for it to go into Released status and then start over.

I already have a Lexy LOTD profile in MO2with all the mods downloaded. Should I just keep using that profile and reinstall all the mods with special install instructions or should I start over with a fresh profile?

@ Shadriss - yeah, that is fair enough I was not thinking about the crafting issue. 

I never liked experience being tied in any way to kills personally and always thought it being to skills and their use was quite innovative on Bethesda's part.  They just needed to separate crafting skills from that entirely... and have many more skills in general.  As well, a world that isn't completely tied to the level of the PC can help.

So I can see the use for Experience then.  I still think it's not my ideal solution, nor that big a problem to begin with, thus not really worth the effort of trying to integrate it and balance against the Skill Uncapper AND Level Rate Rebalance personally but hey, different strokes.

How long does it typically take for a guide to go from beta status to released? I finished the guide about 5 days ago but I’m getting some crashes. There have been numerous changes to the guide over past few days so I think it’s best to wait however long it takes for it to go into Released status and then start over.

I already have a Lexy LOTD profile in MO2with all the mods downloaded. Should I just keep using that profile and reinstall all the mods with special install instructions or should I start over with a fresh profile?

Technically the guide hasn't been in "BETA" for a long time everything work and is stable but I haven't removed that notice mostly cos I am lazy.