Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Cos the ones Sheson upload to via his Mega link are always the most upto date versions.

You might suggest to Sheson that he might want to think of changing his box...  It is looking like the fat one might lose the latest skirmish and get put on a plane. 

Dropbox looks like a pretty god choice, other than the fact the US can probably back-door it.  A lot of Kiwis have already made just that move, or at least have a DB account. 

Is there a reason why ETAC is used instead of JK's Skyrim? ETAC is using 4 ESPs and only changing some minor stuff in Riverwood to my knowledge. JK's Skyrim on the other hand overhauls pretty much every city greatly and works fine with Arthmoor villages. I removed ETAC (as it conflicts with JK's Skyrim) and went to every JK village that was overhauled and didn't see any issues.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6289?tab=files

Files downloaded:

JK's Skyrim all in one

JK's Skyrim No Lights Patch

JK's Skyrim - Arthmoor's Patch Pack - Select merged Option #2, Bring Out Your Dead

JK's Skyrim SE Realistic Water Two Patch

JK's Skyrim SE Thunderchild Patch

Blowing in the wind patch doesn't work unless you rename the blowing in the wind merge ESP, but it doesn't seem needed. Lights and signs are all moving without it. You also need to grab the Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods JK's Skyrim Patch. It merged fine with the others.

After removing ETAC, you have to redo the RS children merge and add "JKs Skyrim_Arth CRF DA DB IV RO_Patch.esp" to Arthmoor Village LOOT group.

Edited by tyrindor

I have the Lexy LOTD build up, running and stable. I want to add more mods (I created another profile using the Lexy LOTD as a base, and renamed my output files so they aren't overridden) - is there anything in particular I should avoid?

Mostly I'm thinking another quest mod or two (like wheels of lull, clockwork, etc), a couple player homes (i.e., Caranthir Tower) and a couple small scripted immersion mods like sleep tight. If possible the knockout overhaul would be nice... I would like Hunterborn but I feel like I would need to rebuild a few of the merged patches which I want to avoid. 

Thoughts?

Edited by bigmagicjerk

I have the Lexy LOTD build up, running and stable. I want to add more mods (I created another profile using the Lexy LOTD as a base, and renamed my output files so they aren't overridden) - is there anything in particular I should avoid?

Mostly I'm thinking another quest mod or two (like wheels of lull, clockwork, etc), a couple player homes (i.e., Caranthir Tower) and a couple small scripted immersion mods like sleep tight. If possible the knockout overhaul would be nice... I would like Hunterborn but I feel like I would need to rebuild a few of the merged patches which I want to avoid. 

Thoughts?

I don't see the point in installing Caranthir Tower as we have the safehouse in the gallery but it your game and do what you want. If you install wheels of lull use the unofficial Patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19734

I have not looked at Clockwork so I can't advise there.

Thoughts?

Clockwork is a nice little mod, that in the end gives you a home, but doesn't (IMO) really add to the game set-up here....if you simply love quest mods and exploring, as i do....then yes by all means. For me it was simply a large dwemer crawl through, new world/dungeon to explore, BUT AS LEXY has said, it's your game to do as you wish

Is there a reason why ETAC is used instead of JK's Skyrim? ETAC is using 4 ESPs and only changing some minor stuff in Riverwood to my knowledge. JK's Skyrim on the other hand overhauls pretty much every city greatly and works fine with Arthmoor villages. I removed ETAC (as it conflicts with JK's Skyrim) and went to every JK village that was overhauled and didn't see any issues.

Files downloaded:

JK's Skyrim all in one

JK's Skyrim - Arthmoor's Patch Pack - Select merged Option #2, Bring Out Your Dead

Blowing in the wind patch doesn't work unless you rename the blowing in the wind merge ESP, but it doesn't seem needed. Lights and signs are all moving without it. You also need to grab the Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods JK's Skyrim Patch. It merged fine with the others.

After removing ETAC, you have to redo the RS children merge and add "JKs Skyrim_Arth CRF DA DB IV RO_Patch.esp" to Arthmoor Village LOOT group.

Mostly because JK's is not (currently) compatible (somehow) with ICAIO... though I think there is a small team of devs trying to get this all worked out on the Discord. I don't know if ETaC is sticking around or not, but I can say that there are more city overhauls coming eventually, and I think JK is playing a large role in that.

Files downloaded:

JK's Skyrim all in one

To add to Shadriss comments in regards to these mods......on LE they were regarded as very script heavy/resource hogs. Whether they still are on SE and on x64 bit system I'm not sure...but if they still are on top of this build, may be taxing on a system

Hey, I'm running into space issues on my Hard Drive. Will there be an issue when I cut and paste the complete mod Organizer folder to a different Drive then SkyrimSE?

Id you have another HD you can do a simlink to it and moved all your files to the other HD without problems. You mignt have a steam folder and a Mod Organizer folder (you can moved the biggest one only and keep your steam folder where it is as it's smaller. Here is the procedure :

1. Move your complete folder "Mod Orgamizer" to drive "D:" or "whatever drive letter"
  2. Now, open a console command in administrator mod (Right click the shortcut "Command Prompt" in windows accessories on the windows menu and click "run as administratior"
  3. now make sure you are on the root of your C: drive ( or whatever other place your original folder was)... the command is "cd.." you might have to do it a few time to get to "C:\"
  4. Now you have to perform the command to create the link which is : mklink /d "c:\Mod Organizer 2" "d:\Mod Organizer 2"
  5. This will create a simlink folder in the c: drive and when you click on it, it will go inside the same folde rin the D: drive but it will be interpreted by the OS as still in the C: drive...

Hope this help.

Hi Guys!  I'm still using my old savegame and I wonder if I can use the Experience Mod with the Immersive creature patch... (I try yesterday and saw that the one I downloaded was for the new skse for the 1.50.53 and it crash. So I removed it and downloaded the older one for the 1.5.50 with the patch for Immersive Creature until the next guide update.

I'm planning to use it with my current save and as other have said with the Kill option + multiplier 2.0x... Just want to know if you think I'll encounter issues or not ? Will it change a lot the progression ? In brief, is it OK?

Mostly because JK's is not (currently) compatible (somehow) with ICAIO... though I think there is a small team of devs trying to get this all worked out on the Discord. I don't know if ETaC is sticking around or not, but I can say that there are more city overhauls coming eventually, and I think JK is playing a large role in that.

I've been playing with JK for awhile and it's hard to go back, the towns feel bland. I honestly would remove ICAIO before I'd remove JK, however it's so heavily built into this guide that's not really possible. The compatibility issues don't seem very large.

JK's skyrim claims "Immersive Citizens - Partially Compatible. Possible NPC pathing issues in Falkreath and Rorikstead and clipping in Dawnstar"

Edited by tyrindor

Damn yup, sure enough there's some issues with IC and JK's skyrim in Falkreath if I stay around long enough. People trying to walk through fences and stuff.

I have been experimenting with JK's as well and it has given me quite a few headaches.  I am thinking about making a JK merge and leaving out or editing Falkreath since I usually spend a bit of time there in my playthroughs. You are right though, once you have used JK's it is hard to go back to what seems like empty cities. :) It's the same with Paradise Cities for vanilla skyrim.  Once you see the cities with all of the trees it is hard to not have them there. Too bad there isn't a high res option for those trees though. 

I know someone was working on a mod that combines several of the city overhauls and makes them play nice with each other.  I can't remember the name of the author or the mod at the moment though.  I seem to remember he had the cooperation of several of the other mod authors though so maybe there is hope in the future.  I don't remember if the Immersive Citizens folks were in on it or not.