Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm installing Enhanced Lights and  FX.  I have already deleted the Thalmor embassy cell.  What am I supposed to do next?  The instructions are below.  When I put "xx16733B" in the Form ID field nothing happens.

Once the above is done a Script needs to be run to clean the Formlist IDs:

1. Search for xx16733B (xx is the formid of EnhancedLightsandFX.esp) then
  2. Right click on that record and select apply script
  3. Select Remove invalid entries from from lists
  4. Click OK.
  5. You can now exit and save the esp.

xx is the formid of EnhancedLightsandFX.esp.   Look at that sentence for a sec. I'll bet yours is something like 0516733B.  I really recommend watching the video's by PheonixSunstar001 you can find the whole playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLVYcme1N7sXo9yzRMi1Izf8jhCnZ1x54  It really does help to see someone else do each step.

I'm sure this is a minor (and silly) question, but the guide repeatedly says to download mods that require nif optimization manually and optimize them before adding them. I've been downloading them with MO and installing them, then optimizing them directly inside the MO Mods folder. Is that problematic in any way (apart from demonstrating my complete inability to follow instructions, that is!)?

I think I have seen Lexy say that she does it this way herself.  I know that I have been doing it that way with the exception of some that needed to be manually downloaded for some other reason in addition to or involved extra steps besides Niff Opt.

What would cause MO2 to just... not launch Skyrim? I don't have anything related to the recent SSE update and am not using any updated DLLs or the newest SKSE version. The MO2 log says this when I try to run SKSE:

Waiting for spawned process completion : skse64_loader.exe

Waiting for usvfs process completion : SkyrimSE.exe
Waiting for process completion successfull

Then just unlocks MO2 and acts like I never did anything. This happens with the SKSE exe and the Skyrim exe. The Skyrim Launcher exe runs just fine through MO2, though. I figured I had some rouge DLL I wasn't paying attention to that snuck in when I was installing the mods list but I went through everything and it's all on the previous Skyrim version like they should be.

Have you finished the guide?  If so maybe go back and check the notes for the merges that you made and make sure you enabled the files that it says to.  Every time I have had this problem it was because I was missing a master somewhere. Check for a warning in the right pane of MO2 and it will help you track down which one it is if that is the problem.

Also if you ran the Skyrim.exe without using SKSE while troubleshooting you may have also gotten Auto-updated depending on how you have that set up in Steam. You may want to check to make sure you still have the right version of Skyrim.exe before doing anything else.

Edited by Oremonger

I am not running it in MO. It is saved in the Skyrim folder. I opened it via the EXE and tried to update the masterlist but it said there was no update necessary.

Do I have to install all my plugins before doing the Sort Groups part in the Prerequisites?

no just sorting your load order outside MO should be enough to force LOOT to update its Masterlist and populate the default groups. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it and any antivirus has excluded LOOT

Has anyone finished the install with OMEGA included? Is the game stable? Is the gameplay balanced/fun?

I want to know if I should get started with the reinstall or wait a little more.

there some more tweaks to MCMs coming plus the update to SKSE v2.0.9 and Skyrim v1.5.53 to sort out just waiting on a few more mods before I jump into that.

• +1 1

there some more tweaks to MCMs coming plus the update to SKSE v2.0.9 and Skyrim v1.5.53 to sort out just waiting on a few more mods before I jump into that.

Since experience mod is being added soon, can you share the XP preset the guide will use? Default speed will level way too fast with this much content + exploration markers. Hoping someone did the math on what kind of XP gains we want with this many mods, i'd really like to dive into playing today.

Has anyone finished the install with OMEGA included? Is the game stable? Is the gameplay balanced/fun?

I want to know if I should get started with the reinstall or wait a little more.

It's setup and I was going to start today until I saw experience mod was getting added soon. Not really a mod you want to add mid playthrough, so just waiting for the guide to update. I have teleported around the world and didn't see any issues on the surface.
Edited by tyrindor
  • +1 1

I finished installing everything in the guide yesterday and so far my game has been pretty stable.  Did have to update a few outdated mods though as I downloaded all the mods on Oct 4th and between then and now a few mods got updated.  I do get 1 warning pop up but that because papryus is outdated and the new version is not out yet.

• +1 1

I finished installing everything in the guide yesterday and so far my game has been pretty stable.  Did have to update a few outdated mods though as I downloaded all the mods on Oct 4th and between then and now a few mods got updated.  I do get 1 warning pop up but that because papryus is outdated and the new version is not out yet.

If you updated your game and didn't download the old SKSE versions of mods that that guide lists you probably have many more issues than that going on.

In the future, when updates like this happen you want to roll back skyrim EXE and download the older versions of SKSE mods designed for the version you are using.  In this case, the guide currently uses Skyrim 1.5.50 (SKSE 2.0.8).  I can't imagine it will be more than a few more days before mods update and the guide gets update though. 

Alright i've done everything to the book with no alterations, finally got the game launched and started testing. Nearly there. A few questions and concerns.

YOT - Andromeda.esp still giving me errors when trying to merge, updated version or not. I just told it to ignore them but I'd like to be sure....

- When I run Wyre Bash, I don't see any mods that state [NoMerge], so I just click OK. Is that normal? After running Wyre Bash MO2 unchecks 20-30 mods. Do I leave these unchecked forever?

- If I view Lexy's load order it is very different than my own even though I have all the LOOT rules in place. Should I go through and match her load order exactly?

- TMB Vanilla is causing nipples to show on certain NPCs while clothed. For example, Jenassa and Toccata follower in Whiterun both have nipples showing. It's kinda immersion breaking... Is this normal?

- Anyone have link to Wyre Bash discord server so I can get the version that allows the "stats" bash tag or am I safe to skip that for the CACO merge?

- Is there a setting somewhere that will brighten interiors a bit?

- When I update a mod or change something for personal taste, should I do the entire bash/smash/zpatch/relinker/xlodgen/texgen/dyndolod process all over again?

Thanks!

In Order, covering everything because I know you haven't gotten answers to all of them:

- There should not be any errors with Andromeda... I've seen many others report this as well, but never saw any specific steps to resolution. I didn't have any myself on my own install (completed three days ago), so there is something off somewhere, but unfortunately, I can't really help you out with where that is.

- Yes, that's normal. I'm not sure why that instruction was included (a just in case measure, I'd assume), but if none are marked, then there's nothing to take action on. The 20-30 mods that get deactivated are now all included in the Bash Patch you just created, so yes, they all remain turned off forever at this point.

- No, don't match her modwatch list. Keep in mind that she is doing a lot of testing in the background. As long as you've followed the guide, anything that gets output by LOOT is likely going to be fine, and should only be messed with if problems occur and the source is identified as your load order.

- The armor in question if one of three variants of the Hide armor. You'll note that the men wear the same version... though why a woman would is beyond me. I reinstalled TMB and chose the 'spicy' version for that armor only... it's still not ideal, but it at least covers what needs to be covered. It's not the mod's fault directly... it the mod in combination with the physics causing boobs to droop ever so slightly.

- Safe to ignore... the version of WB that includes that is not 'released to the wild' as yet, and the tag will have minimal effect (if any). Carry on.

- There is not... this is controlled by ENB settings (shift-enter in game... have it paused or the console up), and will be a setting something like "Interior Brightness" or something to that effect. It takes some tweaking from setup to setup, as your monitor has a great deal to do with this as well. You are also free to choose ANY ENB setting on the Nexus instead of Phoenix if you choose... comments on the Discord seem to indicate that Phoenix is a dark one. 

- Depends on what you are adding. If the landscape itself is affected, run xLOD. If it's a new series of buildings, TexGEN and DynDOLOD. Bash, zPatch, and the rest should always be run after adding in a new mod unless the mod instructions say otherwise

Good luck... Skyrim is counting on you.

If you choose Explorer Guild Master when starting a game, the Akaviri ruins has an uncovered wagon astride the campsite. The objects in the wagon float over it. Dunno if that's an Explorer's Guild issue or something else. Just thought you'd like to know.

I've used that start several times for testing purposes, and not seen this - I think you have something out of place somehow, or are experiencing a Random Act of Skyrim.

LoL;

I'm a bit less seaworthy than you shipmate. MM1/SS (Ret)

Historic Ship USS Nautilus (SSN-571), 2007-2008

USS Providences, SSN-719, Sub Base Groton CT. September 2005 to August 2007. 

Moored Training Ship USS Sam Rayburn (SSBN-635), Goose Creek South Carolina, 2001-2005

Machinery Division or Auxiliary Division? There's a world of difference between a nuke and an A-ganger. I'm guessing Machinery based on the Carolina station... sounds like Nuke School to me. As to saltiness, no worries - you had fish, and that's always a sign of at least SOME measure of respectability.

There is a minor bug with duplicate map markers on the map. Pale Pass and the dawnguard entrance that is moved.

Fix: 

Open Map Markers Complete.esp in SSEEdit. Delete references xx009558, xx009559, xx00B076, and xx00B077.

For reference, which markers are these for? I'm curious if one I noticed a day or so ago is covered by this.

Hey Lexy, I saw you moved "Experience" to "To be added". Seeing as I am just about to start a new playthrough, I'd really like to add this now. Any tweaks we need to apply or changes to uncapper? Do we want to enable kill XP?

It also says you should enable it after finishing alternate start startup, not sure how to handle that without not including it in bash/smash patches.

I've been running this mod for a while, and was involved in the discussion on this mod yesterday. Those of us using it have, universally, turned on kill XP. Based on the low amount of XP it's providing, many have also amped up the kill XP multiplier to 2.0. All other settings can be left as they are... at least for now. As to the other part of the question, as pointed out, no ESP, so no worries. Wait until JUST before you talk to the Mara Statue to turn it on, and all will be well... though the first 10 levels fly by, the rest slow down a good deal, and you'll be fine.

I'm sure this is a minor (and silly) question, but the guide repeatedly says to download mods that require nif optimization manually and optimize them before adding them. I've been downloading them with MO and installing them, then optimizing them directly inside the MO Mods folder. Is that problematic in any way (apart from demonstrating my complete inability to follow instructions, that is!)?

It's how I do it, and there's been no issues.

It's good to go... more stable than the last build version certainly... at least on my rig. Lexy indicated there may be more MCM tweaks coming, but those can be handled in place as they come out. You should be safe to advance, keeping in mind that some of them had updated for the new SKSE and Skyrim versions, and you'll need to download older versions to support SKSE 2.0.8 and Skyrim 1.5.50 instead of the current most up-to-date versions.

• +1 1