Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

<snip>Gonna get complicated fast trying to make different setups for slower/faster computers. Better to just learn modding and make the adjustments yourself.  Most things that effect FPS don't even have ESPs so they can be freely installed/uninstalled. <snip>

I was referring to the driver configurations and the ini configurations... 

If the intent for this guide is to only cater for the 'leet' modder, then why bother?  They don't need it.  If the intent is to cater to a wider audience, then do so.  If suggestions are not welcome, then why have this forum?

Read my sig, mate....

I just installed all the mods in NPC and Behavior section.  When running LOOT I get this error message:

Cyclic interaction detected between "CWIBDSPatch.esp" and "Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp". Back cycle: Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp, TheChoiceIsYours.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp, CWIBDSPatch.esp

Any tips on how to fix it?

Just tell LOOT to load CWIBDSPatch.esp after RDO. It should already be in a different merge patch anyway, so it doesn't matter where it goes. 

Alright, so I think I've figured it out. The instructions don't say anything about deactivating .esps on the merge plugins tab (the one of 4 which also has tweak settings, etc). It grabs a lot of plugins already merged, and you need to right click, deactivate everything, and manually select the plugins which were in the list initially prompting you to deactivate. 

I've followed the guide so far, starting with the newest update, and I am currently in the process of building a Bashed Patch. However, when I do this my bashed patch has masters for Quick Light, GIST and Lock Overhaul, which were previously merged into other merge patches.

Am I safe to go into xEdit and just remove the masters from the bashed patch? Or will that mess everything up ? 

You are not properly following the provided merging instructions if you still have those ESPs in your list. Merging should be completely done and the merged mods should be disabled prior to bashing, which means there's no way Wyre Bash would be seeing those ESPs if you properly disabled them on the left side of MO2.

Alright, so I think I've figured it out. The instructions don't say anything about deactivating .esps on the merge plugins tab (the one of 4 which also has tweak settings, etc). It grabs a lot of plugins already merged, and you need to right click, deactivate everything, and manually select the plugins which were in the list initially prompting you to deactivate. 

Because you shouldn't need to, Wyre Bash should not be seeing those individual plugins you listed. Those ESPs should have been disabled long before you got to that step. Slow down, do the merges again one at a time and triple check them, then disable the merged plugins after each one.
Edited by tyrindor

The merges are done correctly. I kept the left panel patch mods which were merged active, and de-selected on the right side, so that I could keep track of them. I didn't realize that the bashed patch still picks them up. 

The guide says to deactivate on the left side, that's why you make folders and move ESPs to them so you can keep the core mods enabled.

RaceMenu whinges about wanting SSE ver. 1.5.53 when installed from RaceMenu Special Edition v0-2-6-19080-0-2-6.7z as per guide.  I have a query posted in RaceMenu's Nexus page but thought that I should post this weirdness here as well.

AAAaannnd while I am here...in the GPU setup section - it would be nice if you gave setups for some (very) high end GPUs and also some lower end GPUs so that the guide covers a wider range of users.  It would also be nice if your mods were listed as required, or optional - with alternatives.  Things to think about as you move your project along.

As to the actual guide itself, very well done, easy enough to follow.  Good stuff, mate....

Croc.

Gonna get complicated fast trying to make different setups for slower/faster computers. Better to just learn modding and make the adjustments yourself.  Most things that effect FPS don't even have ESPs so they can be freely installed/uninstalled. If you have 4K or a weaker GPU, get rid of the ENB and/or Ultra Trees. For higher end GPUs with more VRAM, download 4K textures instead of 2K textures.

Personally I think 4K textures (in most cases) are a waste even on my 12GB Titan XP that handles them no problem.. A guard fully decked out in 4K armor looks nice, but by comparison it makes the other NPCs in 2K armor next to him stand out. Consistency is important, so I choose to install 2K textures unless it's a big object.

What I'm doing with textures since I have 11 Gbs of Vram to work with is going with 4k textures for objects that are large (ie dragon remains) or large and flat (Landscape/environment) textures benefit greatly from the higher resolution. Also opted in keeping npcs at 4k skins as well and am considering using the 4k textures provided in ACE and WACF from kryptopher as the hoods especially benefit greatly.

Not a huge deal, but in this case it probably should be fixed...  In the instructions for the Omega AIO, in the guide it calls for "CheckmarkMO.png SRECO MLU Patch"  and in the actual patch it is listed as "SRCEO and MLU Patch".  Given the total number of patches and the similarity of the names....

Ok so quick look over the YOT - Andromeda errors if you look all the null references it is spewing out are also in Andromeda itself and they are the warrior stone mage stone an d thief stone

Looking through the vanilla files, there are no similar MESG entries for the stones. I'm guessing Enai has recently added them for some sort of Condition?

It comes in during Andromeda v1.06 onwards  - wasn't in v1.05.    Appearing with just Skyrim.esm, skyrim.exe, update.esm, dawnguard.esm and andromeda's esp;  It  obviously isn't a fault in Lexy's guide or YOT.

Sorry to ask this again, but can someone tell me:

1. why we download DynDOLOD from MEGA and not Nexus (same version as far as I can tell)

2. why we download xLODGEN from MEGA when there is a newer version from Nexus

When downloaded from Nexus, the mods can be endorsed and tracked through MO2. Am I missing something?

Sorry to ask this again, but can someone tell me:

1. why we download DynDOLOD from MEGA and not Nexus (same version as far as I can tell)

2. why we download xLODGEN from MEGA when there is a newer version from Nexus

When downloaded from Nexus, the mods can be endorsed and tracked through MO2. Am I missing something?

Cos the ones Sheson upload to via his Mega link are always the most upto date versions.

Just got home, and double checked.  Everything was installed according to guide, RSC ETac RW Patch.esp is installed and incorporated into the Bashed Patch.  And the BSA was extracted as well.  Everything else was installed according to the guide.

And if this turns out to be the only problem I have, I'll be happy.

OK, problem has been solved.  Extracting the ETaC - RESOURCES.bsa file overwrote the loose facegen files from the patch, causing the black faces.