Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Finally getting a chance to play, as opposed to installing mods/merging mods/bashing mods.  So far no issues, except for the children, and ONLY the children, added by ETaC - Riverwood.esp are afflicted with black-face bug.  Not any of the adults, just the children.

Ensure the patch for ETaC and RS Children was installed from the FOMOD, and that all other files and NPC Retexture merges are where they are supposed to be. My guess would be that first one in combination with the rest... black face is bad facegen data, and those are the providing files by the end of the guide.

I've been running this mod for a while, and was involved in the discussion on this mod yesterday. Those of us using it have, universally, turned on kill XP. Based on the low amount of XP it's providing, many have also amped up the kill XP multiplier to 2.0. All other settings can be left as they are... at least for now. As to the other part of the question, as pointed out, no ESP, so no worries. Wait until JUST before you talk to the Mara Statue to turn it on, and all will be well... though the first 10 levels fly by, the rest slow down a good deal, and you'll be fine.

For testing I halved the XP values across the board evenly and enabling kill XP with only a 0.1 multiplier. The XP seemed very, very fast but I now realize that's because the leveling curve ramps up. I plan to do everything (200+ hours) on a single character and I don't want to end up at level 300 by the end. I've also added Wyrmstooth, Wheels of Lull, Darkened, and Clockwork so the amount of quests and locations in my game is huge.

I'm thinking it might be best to install a mod like Level Rate Rebalance with the "slow and steady" preset. This makes all levels take about the same amount of XP, then just slow down the values across the board to offset for the higher levels taking less XP. Alternatively, keep the default values and use the "slow down" preset which significantly slows down 1-20 but leaves 20+ relatively untouched.

I feel 1-20 is way too fast using experience mod's default values.

For reference, which markers are these for? I'm curious if one I noticed a day or so ago is covered by this.

Pale Pass (there's two right on top of each other because bruma adds it too) and the default dawnguard cave location (it's a little north to the entrance immersive dawnguard entrance adds).

Edited by tyrindor

Hey,

I'm arround step 50 now and just tried to sort with LOOT. I'm getting an error though:

Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between "CWIBDSPatch.esp" and "Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp". Back cycle: Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp, TheChoiceIsYours.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp, CWIBDSPatch.esp

The only plugin that has "Load After" meta data related to the above plugins is TheChoiceIsYours.esp which is set to load after Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp.

Will this be resolved later on or did I miss something?

Hey,

I'm arround step 50 now and just tried to sort with LOOT. I'm getting an error though:

Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between "CWIBDSPatch.esp" and "Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp". Back cycle: Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp, TheChoiceIsYours.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp, CWIBDSPatch.esp

The only plugin that has "Load After" meta data related to the above plugins is TheChoiceIsYours.esp which is set to load after Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp.

Will this be resolved later on or did I miss something?

that will be taken care of once you do the Merge but for now add CWIBDSPatch.esp to the Arthmoor Group

• +1 1

Seems Gorr (Interesting NPCs) is butt naked. He just walks around Riverwood with his thing flopping everywhere, lol. Might be a conflict somewhere.

Same issue here.

- There should not be any errors with Andromeda... I've seen many others report this as well, but never saw any specific steps to resolution. I didn't have any myself on my own install (completed three days ago), so there is something off somewhere, but unfortunately, I can't really help you out with where that is.

Yeah I was wondering what to do for this too, I just let merge plugins fix the issues for now.

Edited by xXSHMATTOXx

you need to run LOOT Outside MO2 so the masterlist update and by run a mean actaully sort your plugins.

I've run LOOT outside of MO2 and updated the masterlist to version 790ded9.  When I edit the metadata for a mod none of the mod groups like "Arthmoor's Village" group are listed.

Same issue here.

I fixed him by talking to him, recruiting him, asking to change his armor, selecting "normal outfit" or whatever, then exiting the menu. Soon as I exited the dialog he went back to wearing Steel Armor.

Still shouldn't be happening, I wonder if it's a iNPC bug.

I fixed him by talking to him, recruiting him, asking to change his armor, selecting "normal outfit" or whatever, then exiting the menu. Soon as I exited the dialog he went back to wearing Steel Armor.

Still shouldn't be happening, I wonder if it's a iNPC bug.

Maybe it's an iAFT bug? I doubt it, but I only bring this up because Sofia will sometimes become completely naked while following me and I have to go into her inventory, remove a piece of armor, then give it back, then she reequips all her armor.

For testing I halved the XP values across the board evenly and enabling kill XP with only a 0.1 multiplier. The XP seemed very, very fast but I now realize that's because the leveling curve ramps up. I plan to do everything (200+ hours) on a single character and I don't want to end up at level 300 by the end. I've also added Wyrmstooth, Wheels of Lull, Darkened, and Clockwork so the amount of quests and locations in my game is huge.

I'm thinking it might be best to install a mod like Level Rate Rebalance with the "slow and steady" preset. This makes all levels take about the same amount of XP, then just slow down the values across the board to offset for the higher levels taking less XP. Alternatively, keep the default values and use the "slow down" preset which significantly slows down 1-20 but leaves 20+ relatively untouched.

Pale Pass (there's two right on top of each other because bruma adds it too) and the default dawnguard cave location (it's a little north to the entrance immersive dawnguard entrance adds).

Be careful with that plan - it's recently come to attention that there is a reason that games that get long have severe issues... it's related to the number of loaded cells in a game, and once that number exceeds 4096 (IIRC), the game gets wonky. There were a few on the Discord last night talking about this limitation... you might want to look into that a bit more before you commit to that plan.

There's another location with a similar problem because of iNPC... the abandoned shack near Dragons Ascent (?) in southern Falkreath, near a dragon-attacked bandit camp. There may be others as well.

I've run LOOT outside of MO2 and updated the masterlist to version 790ded9.  When I edit the metadata for a mod none of the mod groups like "Arthmoor's Village" group are listed.

Most likely because you haven't created them yet - go back and read ALL the directions for LOOT setup before you start adding in the LOOT rules and the like - they won't work if the baseline isn't set up correctly.

I'm testing "Level Rate Rebalance" on S&S preset with "Experience" atm, I'll tell you my feedback in a few days if you want.

Think I found a typo in the Cutting Room Floor- No Snow Under the Roof section.

You have:  

• Solution: Load the mod in xEdit then Right click on Record Tag in the File Header and untick the ESL checkbox to turn it back into a proper esp so he can be merged.

I think Record Tag should read Record Flag.

Sounds like you skipped a good part of the prerequisites section. You have to make the groups yourself.

Yea my bad I already had LOOT installed in MO2 from using Tuco's guide before and just missed that part.

Keep in mind that if you slow down your leveling rate, you may have problems working on the main portions of the game when using the guide.

Example:

Using the default settings, I was character level 10 entering Bleak Falls Barrow... which is deleveled using OMEGA, and has a level range of 20+. Skills that aren't a part of your birthsign (Classic Classes, part of OMEGA) are starting at 5, so may be lower than you are used to for a given dungeon. During a normal run, I never had any problems with this dungeon - it's a starter dungeon, right? Not so much anymore... I routinely ran into draugr Scourges and Deathlords at levels 21 and 30, some of them in groups of three or four. On top of that, there are a lot of additional spawns that did not exist in previous versions of the guide/game, and those caused additional complications (by which I mean I became living-impaired a few times more than normal). All of that still doesn't even account for the damage changes introduced with KYE, and if you don't have weapons up to the task it gets even nastier. While I managed to complete the dungeon, it took about five or six times longer than normal, and involved a LOT more kiting and baiting than I would expect. Slowing this down even more... would make this even more difficult.

Slowing down the character leveling too much means a lot more time grinding around Whiterun and other safer areas... which I don't think is what you are intending to do. Without the deleveling, that might make sense... with it, maybe not so much. If this is what you are looking for, have fun... but there are easier ways to punish yourself. :)

On the other hand, Farengar's comment about, "You didn't die, it seems," is a bit more in place now.

Edited by Shadriss

Interesting. So Maybe being able to reach level 20 faster is a good thing because it opens up more content when things are deleveled. I am worried about overleveling because in vanilla (or even a lot of modded plathroughs) after you get to about 50 or so stuff becomes pretty easy even on Legendary. By the time you are 100, you are a god.

With OMEGA/MLU/etc, is this still a problem? What's this pack like at level 100+?

With experience mod default settings + experience with kill XP enabled + the guide's recommended uncapper (shouldn't matter?), how is the overall XP compared to vanilla? In vanilla I would reach level 50 before even doing a fraction of vanilla only content. It was absurdly too fast for my tastes. In the past I have use a no pain no gain uncapper preset and after about 30 hours I'd be level 15-20 (but this obviously is too aggressive when things are deleveled).

I'm testing "Level Rate Rebalance" on S&S preset with "Experience" atm, I'll tell you my feedback in a few days if you want.

Yeah please give your impressions, I'll be starting a new playthrough soon. I expect it will not slow down enough... S&S drastically lowers XP in those higher levels.. it will be overall much faster than the default curve. Im leaning towards using the "Slow Down" preset which basically just makes 1-20 longer but only by about 50%, the rest is pretty close to default.
Edited by tyrindor