Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I am also going to look at Immersive Sounds Compendium this time yes all the patches are merge able in fact all but 1 from AOS2 self merges into the Bash Patch and the one the doesn't (SkyTest) is only a single record.

I have got a confirmation that the bashed patch likely doesn't include sound records conflict-resolved by load order - I mean, it will contain sound records if the merged files have sound, but if there are unmerged files loading later that don't make it into the merge, their values get overridden by the earlier-loading esp's that made it into the bashed patch. The two options I see are 1) make a specific cr for audio that will hopefully be melted in the bashed patch, carrying the final records, or 2) make the cr load after the bashed patch, which means it shouldn't contain leveled list edits. In my opinion, first option is better overall.

I have got a confirmation that the bashed patch likely doesn't include sound records conflict-resolved by load order - I mean, it will contain sound records if the merged files have sound, but if there are unmerged files loading later that don't make it into the merge, their values get overridden by the earlier-loading esp's that made it into the bashed patch. The two options I see are 1) make a specific cr for audio that will hopefully be melted in the bashed patch, carrying the final records, or 2) make the cr load after the bashed patch, which means it shouldn't contain leveled list edits. In my opinion, first option is better overall.

OK Thanks I have added the various patches and will create a uber merge later on and then deal with any conflicts in a CR (or the Main CR) but that will be Darth's Job. Trust the Madness that is Lexy

TLDR: When trying to convert/save a mod in CK, if the mod has masters that don't have their Master bit set, CK will strip those masters from its list and reset any of its FormID's that pointed to those masters to point at itself. <presto!> Usless mod!

PROBLEM:

Some Mods for Skyrim SE have not been saved in Creation Kit.

INDICATORS:

1. Upon opening the mod in Wrye Bash, a popup is generated listing the mod as having an Older Plugin Record Version ( Form 44 )
  2. When generating a Bashed Patch in Wrye Bash, the Mod is listed in the error log popup with the following entry: STAT.DNAM: Expected size == 12, but got: 8

POSSIBLE SOLUTION(S) & CAVEATS:

1. If the mod does NOT have any files in its master list except the actual Master Files from Bethesda, then simple save in the Creation Kit will like solve the problem.  Follow this video: How to get Vanilla Skyrim mods on Special Edition!
    1. Mods I've done so far that currently require this procedure
      1. BGCollectables.esp
      2. SLO_StoneWalls.esp
      3. SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
      4. IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
      5. Dual Sheath Redux.esp
      6. BSHeartlandWMFF.esp
      7. aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
      8. Hott Argonians - Standalone.esp
      9. NMFWLM_falskaar.esp
      10. InigoMCM.esp
      11. WM Flora Fixes.esp
  2. CAVEAT - If the mod DOES have files in it's master list that were created outside of Bethesda and are not true Masters then, following the above procedure will silently break the mod you are trying to fix.  This is because, Creation Kit requires a plugin to actually be a Master File in order to have other plugins use or replace its data.  Therefore, when you attempt to save the Mod inside Creation Kit, it will strip any files from its master list that are NOT actual Masters.  This in turn, resets any Form ID's the Mod had that referenced those masters.  The Form ID's will now point towards itself effectively orphaning/nullifying the mods records. 

To fix this, we'll change the Mods' listed master files into actual Masters, then save the Mod in Creation Kit and change the Master files back to normal files.

1. To check if the Mod has a .esp file(s) listed as its masters that are not actually Master Files, you can simply look in the Mod Organizer, on the right side, Plugins Column.  Hover over the .esp with the mouse and it's masters will be listed in a popup.  If the file(s) in the list are actual Master, they will be displayed towards the top of the mod list in bold (provided you have them installed).
    1. If the Mod DOES have non-master file(s) listed as Masters, Use Wrye Bash to change those listed master to actual Masters before trying to save the Mod in Creation Kit.
      1. This is done in Wrye Bash by right clicking on the mod file and selecting "Esmify Self".  This functions as a toggle and the Master bit can be turned back off this way as well when your done saving the original troubled Mod file in Creation Kit.

(In order for a .esp or .esm file to ACTUALLY be a Master, it must have its Master bit toggled to flag it as one.  This is what the "Esmify Self" Wrye Bash function does)

1. Mods I've done so far that currently require this procedure;
    1. Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp
    2. UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp
    3. WMFF Inigo Patch.esp

1. Files so FUBAR, they crash CK even after cleaning and there is no help for;
    1. WheelsOfLull.esp (^%$#@!) 

Its so bad that even if it would have saved in CK I would have worried it was going to cause CTD's down the line.  I even ran the "Replace text in EDID and FULL.pas" after cleaning it and it still crashed CK.

Making one ESP dependant on Another

-Xaxilis

Thank you for this information.  I am having a problem with it.  When I try to save Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp or UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp after runing them through CK I am unable to save them.  I get a error message which said "File error, invalid directory".  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

@DarkLadyLexy

For ASIS, the patch being generated is junk.

Unless I'm doing something wrong here.

It loads fine in xEdit, but it's record headers are incorrect, main header a formID of 0, expected 44. https://i.imgur.com/kkyyfsZ.png

Compressed header flags are being ignored https://i.imgur.com/r5THYCI.png

And wrye bash also flags it https://i.imgur.com/7092TzX.png

Also if you try and load it in the Creation Kit, you get a strange warning on start-up, it also hangs on save.

This looks promising for NPC enchantments, if the bugs can be fixed https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13543?

@DarkLadyLexy

For ASIS, the patch being generated is junk.

Unless I'm doing something wrong here.

It loads fine in xEdit, but it's record headers are incorrect, main header a formID of 0, expected 44. https://i.imgur.com/kkyyfsZ.png

Compressed header flags are being ignored https://i.imgur.com/r5THYCI.png

And wrye bash also flags it https://i.imgur.com/7092TzX.png

Also if you try and load it in the Creation Kit, you get a strange warning on start-up, it also hangs on save.

This looks promising for NPC enchantments, if the bugs can be fixed https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13543?

You are indeed correct The file header in xedit is 0, the compressed flags aren't forwarded, Wrye Bash does moan about it and the CK hang on save. So with that ASIS goes until Skyproc patchers are fixed. Suggest you go test out Hishy Zedit Script he might need a kick up the arse to get him moving on fixing stuff ^_^ .

You are indeed correct The file header in xedit is 0, the compressed flags aren't forwarded, Wrye Bash does moan about it and the CK hang on save. So with that ASIS goes until Skyproc patchers are fixed. Suggest you go test out Hishy Zedit Script.

Have tested it, it breaks while generating due to a bug, logged a bug report with it. , so hopefully hishy can find some time to work out its issues.

The header, formID and compression are being copied correctly though and perks.

https://i.imgur.com/FnVSwIo.png

Edited by cptmcsplody

Thank you for this information.  I am having a problem with it.  When I try to save Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp or UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp after runing them through CK I am unable to save them.  I get a error message which said "File error, invalid directory".  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I can't be sure but I'd wager on some UAC thing or similar file access permissions issue. Was anything else running that might depend on those files when you had this issue? Is your steam folder located inside the Program Files folder?

I can't be sure but I'd wager on some UAC thing or similar file access permissions issue. Was anything else running that might depend on those files when you had this issue? Is your steam folder located inside the Program Files folder?

The only thing running which depend on those files was MO2 and CK.  No, it is not located in the Program Files folder.  In fact is is on a sperate drive.

The only thing running which depend on those files was MO2 and CK.  No, it is not located in the Program Files folder.  In fact is is on a sperate drive.

Hrmm... I did some searching and the "File error, invalid directory" error comes up when you try to save manually or when you try to save the file some place else other then the Data folder.

Here's what I do in case it helps;

1. I run CK inside MO 2
  2. Select the mod and make it active (like in the video I linked previously)
  3. I make an edit to a record and then undo the edit (like is done in the video I linked previously)
  4. Then, I simply click the disc icon to save it.  This does NOT ask me to specify a directory.  It just saves it where it wants.
  5. I wait for it to say "saved!" in the little status message area on the bottom border of CK. 
  6. I then click the red X to close CK.
  7. This automatically saves the file in my Mod Organzer 2 "Overwrite" folder and I copy it out of there and back to the mod directory it belongs to.

Is that what you're doing?

-Xaxilis

I gotta go for a walk and get coffee... I'll check back.

Edited by Xaxilis

Hrmm... I did some searching and the "File error, invalid directory" error comes up when you try to save manually or when you try to save the file some place else other then the Data folder.

Here's what I do in case it helps;

1. I run CK inside MO 2
  2. Select the mod and make it active (like in the video I linked previously)
  3. I make an edit to a record and then undo the edit (like is done in the video I linked previously)
  4. Then, I simply click the disc icon to save it.  This does NOT ask me to specify a directory.  It just saves it where it wants.
  5. I wait for it to say "saved!" in the little status message area on the bottom border of CK. 
  6. I then click the red X to close CK.
  7. This automatically saves the file in my Mod Organzer 2 "Overwrite" folder and I copy it out of there and back to the mod directory it belongs to.

Is that what you're doing?

-Xaxilis

I gotta go for a walk and get coffee... I'll check back.

When I run a mod though CK like BGCollectables.esp where I do not have to run it through WB and select "Esmify Self" the save works just like you say it does except it saves it in the original mod folder.  But when I do the Esmify Self  thing when I click on save a pop up screen comes up expecting me to select a directory and name for the mod.  When I try to put it into the overwrite directory and give it a name I get that error.

When I run a mod though CK like BGCollectables.esp where I do not have to run it through WB and select "Esmify Self" the save works just like you say it does except it saves it in the original mod folder.  But when I do the Esmify Self  thing when I click on save a pop up screen comes up expecting me to select a directory and name for the mod.  When I try to put it into the overwrite directory and give it a name I get that error.

Just run it from the data directory itself.

I use MO as well, but If I use the CK, I copy all the stuff I need to work on and do it from there, then move it where it belongs afterwards.

never had an issue doing it this way.

Edited by sirjesto