Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

i'm following as a player your alpha guide on two different computers. My target is on the first one to follow strictly your guide and for the second one create a low config installation (use 1K mods when existing) and, also, expand my knowledge by following your discussion

i'm experimenting the guide at this actual status on some places and on both computers actually, in whiterun, i see Uthgerd the Unbroken without head. Aela too. Not the other woman in this town. Just lips visible. i'll recheck once more the body and armor sections to find if i missed something. Probably due to the npc mods

Alos see a important loss of fps in front of solitude but of course that place is more impacted by the mod list. On my second installation (the low config one) i will have to reduce the weight for that place.

will check dawnstar at my next start

Once again, sorry for my poor English

Recipe is perfect, DarkLadyLexy, awaiting the next dish. the cook can be proud

Mandalay

Edited by Mandalay

i'm experimenting the guide at this actual status on some places and on both computers actually, in whiterun, i see Uthgerd the Unbroken without head. Aela too. Not the other woman in this town. Just lips visible. i'll recheck once more the body and armor sections to find if i missed something. Probably due to the npc mods

I would check the NPC Retexture Section make sure you have the NPC Rextexture Merged and the correct LOOT Rule plus don't forget an NPC Retexture CR is still to come.

**not that this is any real indicator of much** You might be interested to hear that the main page for LLOTDSE has over half as many words as the original guide. I feel like the new guide won't need as many words to match the original as some mods for the original are redundant for SE, and others streamlined. When you consider that extra words are probably being used to explain how to port or tweak certain mods for SE I feel like these two aspects are likely to balance each other somewhat. one exciting thought though comes from the efficiency of SE... that more mods can be put into the updated engine. this leads me to the totally uneducated guess that LLOTDSE is roughly 66% complete relative to the original guide. and probably 33% complete relative to its ultimate form. I was interested to see how the guides compare and I thought I'd share my findings for anyone curious. by no means does anything I've said hold water though, very unscientific approach but possibly a vague indicator of progress.

Installed Massive Npc Facelift..had to save plugin in CK(form43) also oldrim meshes(move the meshes and textures from followers.esp to Skyrim.esm,  delete .tga)..Finally I've entered SSE to test the mod and wow..I forgot to run FNIS and everyone acted like the dolls from Westworld..lol..uninstalled

So, I've a small point about the base of the NPC retextures section as massive npc seems to be too much hassle (form 43, oldrim meshes, animation bug..)..
This is just a personal opinion..but for big NPC overhauls I would say 1.WICO,2.Diversity, 3.Inhabitants,  4.Massive
Instead of Massive as a base I would go for a WICO with the cleanup script...better in every way imho ..Also an WICO+EEO combination as no other "apachiis" need to be installed (works well with Diversity and Inhabitants too

So, for WICO:
1.install without useep patch
2.downoad hishy's cleanup script  and install the stripped bsa and copy the script to your "SSEEDIT\Edit Scripts"
3.open wico-immersive people.esp along USSEP (and CRF if you want) run Hishy_NPC_RecordForwarding.pas on immersive people repeat for immersive character.esp

Note: You'll need "mteFunctions.pas" (check in "SSEEDIT\Edit Scripts\"  if u have it)

EEO (optional): Just follow the guide , install the main patch and optionals if you need/want..

The only thing with multiple mods that alter NPCs faces in SSE is there's a big chance you'll get black face bugs even with merges, so better to keep .bsa

I'm using Inhabitants, WICO(bsa), Diversity(bsa), EEO(bsa), Ordinary(bsa), Bijin AIO, Fresh faces (in this order and probably one more but I can't remember) with no bugs.

Edited by mavanaic

Installed Massive Npc Facelift..had to save plugin in CK(form43) also oldrim meshes(move the meshes and textures from followers.esp to Skyrim.esm,  delete .tga)..Finally I've entered SSE to test the mod and wow..I forgot to run FNIS and everyone acted like the dolls from Westworld..lol..uninstalled

So, I've a small point about the base of the NPC retextures section as massive npc seems to be too much hassle (form 43, oldrim meshes, animation bug..)..

This is just a personal opinion..but for big NPC overhauls I would say 1.WICO,2.Diversity, 3.Inhabitants,  4.Massive

Instead of Massive as a base I would go for a WICO with the cleanup script...better in every way imho ..Also an WICO+EEO combination as no other "apachiis" need to be installed (works well with Diversity and Inhabitants too

So, for WICO:

1.install without useep patch

2.downoad hishy's cleanup script  and install the stripped bsa and copy the script to your "SSEEDIT\Edit Scripts"

3.open wico-immersive people.esp along USSEP (and CRF if you want) run Hishy_NPC_RecordForwarding.pas on immersive people repeat for immersive character.esp

Note: You'll need "mteFunctions.pas" (check in "SSEEDIT\Edit Scripts\"  if u have it)

EEO (optional): Just follow the guide , install the main patch and optionals if you need/want..

The only thing with multiple mods that alter NPCs faces in SSE is there's a big chance you'll get black face bugs even with merges, so better to keep .bsa

I'm using Inhabitants, WICO(bsa), Diversity(bsa), EEO(bsa), Ordinary(bsa), Bijin AIO, Fresh faces (in this order and probably one more but I can't remember) with no bugs.

I have dealt with the form 43 issue from Massive NPC Facelift if you use the NPC Retexture Merge I provide. I didn't realize the meshes weren't converted properly converted but I am barely surprised anymore at the amount of poorly ported mods. I also didn't realize there were tga files but they can be deleted as it does contain proper dds files. The Animation bug is sorted once you Run FNIS and that is detailed. I didn't want to use Inhabitants of skyrim this time cos it requires apachii hair and never liked that. Having the files loose I actually haven't seen a NPC black face bug yet.

I have dealt with the form 43 issue from Massive NPC Facelift if you use the NPC Retexture Merge I provide. I didn't realize the meshes weren't converted properly converted but I am barely surprised anymore at the amount of poorly ported mods. I also didn't realize there were tga files but they can be deleted as it does contain proper dds files. The Animation bug is sorted once you Run FNIS and that is detailed. I didn't want to use Inhabitants of skyrim this time cos it requires apachii hair and never liked that. Having the files loose I actually haven't seen a NPC black face bug yet.

Well...this was just a personal opinion that WICO could replace Massive (bigger, nicer imho)..also about the other mods I said more like note that they can be made to work together...

I would check the NPC Retexture Section make sure you have the NPC Rextexture Merged and the correct LOOT Rule plus don't forget an NPC Retexture CR is still to come

all section without NPC restexture Merge: Aela and uhtgert heads are ok.

Without loot ok

after Loot. ok

then NPC Retexture Merge SSE activated

With or without loot, invisible heads

Will now check each section's mod version. perhaps the merge does'nt correspond to one of the mod

all section without NPC restexture Merge: Aela and uhtgert heads are ok.

Without loot ok

after Loot. ok

then NPC Retexture Merge SSE activated

With or without loot, invisible heads

Will now check each section's mod version. perhaps the merge does'nt correspond to one of the mod

well since it those too NPC's that narrows it down to Bijin Warmaidens.

Ok thanks I have added instructions to removed the noise.dds from Terrain Lod Redone & Vivid Landscapes so A Quailty Wolrd Map should be win the conflict now. Think Terrain LOD is OK where it is the only mod that it overwrites is Vivid Weathers tamrieltreelod.dds but that in turn gets overwritten by Enhanced Vanilla Trees. I removed Fences of Skyrim Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes cos you are right it does it provide meshes for parallax so not needed. Whats wrong with No Snow Under the Roof I don't see any issue with it

No Snow Under the Roof -

Some of the meshes turn transparent from certain angles and look like ice, any ones used for farmhouse steps & walkways.

It's not game breaking, just a visual bug. You'll see it in Dawnstar mainly.

I'm not suggesting it be removed, just that it should be marked as a know issue.

well since it those too NPC's that narrows it down to Bijin Warmaidens.

each test, i do the same walk to follow some waypoints i determined

Since new today instruction aroud Massive NPC facelift overhaul, i have a CTD when approaching  in whiterun stables Sofia that is laying on the ground. The difference between yesterday (where this ctd was not present) and today is the nif optimizer and the TGA files  delete.

For the invisible head, with or without bijn don"t change anything. the issue is the NPC retexture merge mod.

i'm reinstalling once again fully the  section but iim quite sure as i have the same issue on two diferent computers.

i will test this by creating  a new start from lal (whiterun start)

each test, i do the same walk to follow some waypoints i determined

Since new today instruction aroud Massive NPC facelift overhaul, i have a CTD when approaching  in whiterun stables Sofia that is laying on the ground. The difference between yesterday (where this ctd was not present) and today is the nif optimizer and the TGA files  delete.

For the invisible head, with or without bijn don"t change anything. the issue is the NPC retexture merge mod.

i'm reinstalling once again fully the  section but iim quite sure as i have the same issue on two diferent computers.

i will test this by creating  a new start from lal (whiterun start)

well ii don't have any issue with the NPC Retexture mod just to be clear when you installed the you did remove the original mods esp and when you ran SSE NIF Opt you run it twice once with the head parts only ticked and once without?

Can you also do a screenshot of the Alea record in xedit Specifically the head parts?

For the first issue,CTD, i think i found a workaround. It's funny and it  explain why i have it on two different computers. There is something similar. The security system. I don't know why but i used my laptop this time to generate the nif operation (by copying all files on it). This laptop has a different security system. Bingo !

the SSE nif tool when targeting  a large scope seems to hit a reserved memory zone when executed on this mod. Curious ! Never had this issue before (one single DDS, always the same at each try). So after a manual copy of the file, it seems ok now.

I'm now reconstructing a few nif before that section (so download and install again a few mods) then i'll try to investigate more the invisible head for uthgert and aela (still present when NPC retexture is activated and correct esp deleted). Will try it without any mods activated after that section.

well ii don't have any issue with the NPC Retexture mod just to be clear when you installed the you did remove the original mods esp and when you ran SSE NIF Opt you run it twice once with the head parts only ticked and once without?

Can you also do a screenshot of the Alea record in xedit Specifically the head parts?

I didn't know it needed to be run through SSE INF Opt twice.  Perhaps that needs to be in the instructions.

For the first issue,CTD, i think i found a workaround. It's funny and it  explain why i have it on two different computers. There is something similar. The security system. I don't know why but i used my laptop this time to generate the nif operation (by copying all files on it). This laptop has a different security system. Bingo !

the SSE nif tool when targeting  a large scope seems to hit a reserved memory zone when executed on this mod. Curious ! Never had this issue before (one single DDS, always the same at each try). So after a manual copy of the file, it seems ok now.

I'm now reconstructing a few nif before that section (so download and install again a few mods) then i'll try to investigate more the invisible head for uthgert and aela (still present when NPC retexture is activated and correct esp deleted). Will try it without any mods activated after that section.

One thing you can try is load your whole load order in xEdit and navigate to Non Playable Character/Uthgerd and Aela. Check out those forms and see which mods might be overriding the NPC retexture merge.