Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

no they are not flagged a bad it just your character and all NPCs's will be in a T-pose until you install FNIS (I am trying to nip user a question/moan in the butt before it happens). Plus i really don't see why a mod that is basically a Retetxure for NPC has those in there but it does.

Yeah not sure why they have those animation files. There is no reason given on mod page as to what they do.

It was asked on the mod page, should be safe to remove.

I will test later, nearly have those files added again. I am doing a fresh install without using nif optimizer to see how many mods really need it.

Edited by cptmcsplody

Yeah not sure why they have those animation files. There is no reason given on mod page as to what they do.

It was asked on the mod page, should be safe to remove.

I will test later, nearly have those files added again. I am doing a fresh install without using nif optimizer to see how many mods really need it.

OK that would be quite useful i know TechAngel doesn't use SSE Nif Optimizer on his guide and Lexy has just blanked hers cos of advice from people like Arthmoor Cal of Dirty Weasel (Hope i spelt his name right there) and Darkfox127 but Tech does mention on his forum that it may not be strictly necessary to optimize meshes and it is more a piece of mind thing.

maybe i should i just assumed everyone would of watched the video i linked by dirty weasel explaining how to use SSE Nif Optimizer.

DarkladyLexy, at the beginning of the Dirty Weasel's video you linked in the main Guide, reference is made to the 2 previous Episodes (9 and 10) of his Skyrim Special Edition Modding Guide as being a good basis for following along in Episode 11.  At about 9:30 in Episode 9: Converting Mods (Set-up and Tools), he describes how (and why) to make a CreationKitCustom.ini file: if Bethesda ever updates the Creation Kit, all changes made to the CreationKit.ini will be lost when the new file is installed.

I would like to suggest that you consider changing the Creation Kit instructions in the Prerequisites section of the Guide to include creating a CreationKitCustom.ini in the directory where the Creation Kit is installed that includes all of the currently suggested edits to the CreationKit.ini file.

Edited by Decopauge123

OK that would be quite useful i know TechAngel doesn't use SSE Nif Optimizer on his guide and Lexy has just blanked hers cos of advice from Arthmoor and Cal of Dirty Weasel (Hope i spelt his name right there) but Tech does mention on his forum that it may not be strictly necessary to optimize meshes and it is more a piece of mind thing.

Generally you shouldn't need to, I have only had a few mods so far that had rendering issues.

It's trial and error really, some meshes work better if updated using Nifscope batch commands.

While the same process will nuke other meshes(generally large creatures) and yet those same meshes work perfectly after nif optimizer.

Nif optimizer can cause issues of it own though, flickering & z-fighting, meshes turning invisible from certain viewpoints.

Edited by cptmcsplody

DarkladyLexy, at the beginning of the Dirty Weasel's video you linked in the main Guide, reference is made to the 2 previous Episodes (9 and 10) of his Skyrim Special Edition Modding Guide as being a good basis for following along in Episode 11.  At about 9:30 in Episode 9: Converting Mods (Set-up and Tools), he describes how (and why) to make a CreationKitCustom.ini file: if Bethesda ever updates the Creation Kit, all changes made to the CreationKit.ini will be lost when the new file is installed.

I would like to suggest that you consider changing the Creation Kit instructions in the Prerequisites section of the Guide to include creating a CreationKitCustom.ini in the directory where the Creation Kit is installed that includes all of the currently suggested edits to the CreationKit.ini file.

I have edited my CreationKit.ini file to remove all edits suggested in the Creation Kit section of the Prerequisites, and entered all of them in a CreationKitCustom.ini file.  The CreationKit started up without a hitch, loading all .ESMs and ESPs in my current Build (see my ModWat.ch).  After ELE_SSE.esp was selected as the active file and I clicked the 'OK' button, none of the annoying messages were displayed as the CK loaded all required files.

Edited by Decopauge123

FWIW, I'm in agreement with your rant:  If a mod made for SSE doesn't work out of the box, don't include it in the Guide.  With all the mods that are (and will be) in it, it's extra work that shouldn't be needed.

This could actually be an interesting course of action. Taking a lot of discipline as we all have our favourite mods from classic, and some digging and testing to find proper SE replacements but it might lead to a differentiation between this guide and the classic guide, making them two different beasts.

This could actually be an interesting course of action. Taking a lot of discipline as we all have our favourite mods from classic, and some digging and testing to find proper SE replacements but it might lead to a differentiation between this guide and the classic guide, making them two different beasts.

I wasn't thinking about the differentiation factor when I made my post, but your point is (I think) a valid one.  Whatever course of action DarkladyLexy takes with this build, I will be following and supporting her efforts.

Error reading file textures\interface\objects\lockpicking\._lock01_n.dds

Error reading file textures\interface\objects\lockpicking\._lockpick01_n.dds
Error reading file textures\interface\objects\lockpicking\._locksmallpiece_n.dds
Error reading file textures\interface\objects\lockpicking\._skeletonkeylockpicking_n.dds

I forgot about those files, been so long since I have used easier lockpicking.

Full output from Nifscan up until start of vanilla item re-texture &  tweaks section

Its pretty benign so far, anything packed in a bsa was only checked up to the letter E.

Ignore the texture at the end, that's most likely because there in BC7 format.
Edited by cptmcsplody

How do you guys play the game, mostly - in 1st person or 3rd person? I ask this because I only ever play in 1st person, as I did with oblivion, Morrowind, NV. For me these games were designed as 1st person RPGs, their mechanics works better that way, melee combat can work in 3rd person but ranged attack is nigh impossible without a targeting system independent of the central crosshair. For me, aiming with the camera is just clumsy. But I know a lot of people do prefer to play in 3rd person for whichever reasons. When tweaking this build to my liking in some little details I always find myself looking for a wider field of view than 86 and thought that for 3rd person users 86 might well be enough, for the camera behind the character add a little more peripheral vision. I also feel, as a 1st person camera user, I don't really get to enjoy the care and detail put into animations like DSR (not in SE yet, but for the sake of example) and a few others, even 360 walk and run is pretty useless if you don't play in 3rd person. Most other animations are also less impacting if you're not in 3rd person. So I began to wonder... Is this guide optimized for enjoying 3rd person camera view? ;)

As someone who went through Ultima Underworld, Wolfenstein 3D, Ultima 9 and so forth up to Skyrim, I think this might even be a generational thing, that RPG and FPS have become distinct niches and people more attached to one tend to reject the other. I also played Ultima VI, VII, VIII, Ultima Online, Dungeon Siege, all Diablos, only didn't go to ESO because I don't have time for online playing anymore LOL so I'm well acquainted with 3rd person perspective, only don't really know how it fits with Bethesda games and think at least some people who prefer it may be trying to bring the games closer to their generally preferred game type.

Edited by godescalcus

As expected for aMidianborn armours

[spoiler=Output For Amidianborn Armors]
meshes\armor\blades\1stpersonbladesarmorf_0.nif
    Block [3]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [6]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE

meshes\armor\blades\1stpersonbladesarmorf_1.nif

meshes\armor\blades\1stpersonbladesarmor_0.nif

meshes\armor\blades\1stpersonbladesarmor_1.nif

meshes\armor\blades\bladesarmorf_0.nif

meshes\armor\blades\bladesarmorf_1.nif

meshes\armor\blades\bladesarmor_0.nif

meshes\armor\blades\bladesarmor_1.nif

meshes\armor\blades\bladeshelmetf.nif

[Done] Checked 226 file(s)

Have also double checked the file I posted before.

Seems there is an issue with some armours in Massive NPC Overhaul also.
Still it has 1019 meshes, so 11 is not too bad.
Will run them through nif opt and test in CK.

[spoiler=Massive NPC Facelift Overhaul SE - unsupported meshes]

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\1sttorso_0.nif
    Block [7]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\1sttorso_1.nif
    Block [7]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\boots_0.nif
    Block [2]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [5]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\boots_1.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\cloack_0.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\cloack_1.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\gloves_0.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\gloves_1.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\helmet_0.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\helmet_1.nif

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\torso_0.nif
    Block [14]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty
    Block [10]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [13]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE
    Block [21]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty
    Block [17]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [20]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE

meshes\armor\ysgramorarmor\torso_1.nif
    Block [14]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty
    Block [10]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [13]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE
    Block [21]: Has Vertex Colors flag in NiTriShapeData must match SLSF2_Vertex_Colors in BSLightingShaderProperty
    Block [17]: Redundant all white #FFFFFFFF vertex colors
    Block [20]: NiSkinPartition contains strips unsupported by SSE

Edited by cptmcsplody