Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hrmm... I did some searching and the "File error, invalid directory" error comes up when you try to save manually or when you try to save the file some place else other then the Data folder.

Here's what I do in case it helps;

1. I run CK inside MO 2
  2. Select the mod and make it active (like in the video I linked previously)
  3. I make an edit to a record and then undo the edit (like is done in the video I linked previously)
  4. Then, I simply click the disc icon to save it.  This does NOT ask me to specify a directory.  It just saves it where it wants.
  5. I wait for it to say "saved!" in the little status message area on the bottom border of CK. 
  6. I then click the red X to close CK.
  7. This automatically saves the file in my Mod Organzer 2 "Overwrite" folder and I copy it out of there and back to the mod directory it belongs to.

Is that what you're doing?

-Xaxilis

I gotta go for a walk and get coffee... I'll check back.

I have learned something new I didn't know I had to esmify plugins that would explain why when I tried to sort out Snazzy patches they went all screwy.

Just run it from the data directory itself.

I use MO as well, but If I use the CK, I copy all the stuff I need to work on and do it from there, then move it where it belongs afterwards.

never had an issue doing it this way.

You can always make a separate profile in MO specifically for these mods. Anyway, for me it works from my main profile without any issues.

When I run a mod though CK like BGCollectables.esp where I do not have to run it through WB and select "Esmify Self" the save works just like you say it does except it saves it in the original mod folder.  But when I do the Esmify Self  thing when I click on save a pop up screen comes up expecting me to select a directory and name for the mod.  When I try to put it into the overwrite directory and give it a name I get that error.

This prompting happens to me when I forget to set the mod to "Active File" in CK before trying to save and edit it.  CK thinks I want to make a new mod.  But, I'm gonna guess that you're not forgetting to set the mod to active in CK?

Maybe try what sirjesto is suggesting?  Seems like it would be a good troubleshooting method even if it doesn't work.

Just run it from the data directory itself.

I use MO as well, but If I use the CK, I copy all the stuff I need to work on and do it from there, then move it where it belongs afterwards.

never had an issue doing it this way.

hey guys I have updated the Snazzy Patches we will need so they are all form 44 https://www.dropbox.com/s/179hd5itofsc99t/Snazzy%20Patches.7z?dl=0 please test them out for me.

These are running great for me Darth!  

1. Installed them and ran LOOT 
  2. Cracked them open in SSE Edit and did a spot check of records on each one, I didn't see any orphaned records.
  3. Wyre Bash no longer complains about them on start
  4. Re-built Bash patch without Wrye Bash complaining about them as well.
  5. Game loads and runs without issue (just about 10 min run time so, not a thorough test)

-Xaxilis

This prompting happens to me when I forget to set the mod to "Active File" in CK before trying to save and edit it.  CK thinks I want to make a new mod.  But, I'm gonna guess that you're not forgetting to set the mod to active in CK?

Maybe try what sirjesto is suggesting?  Seems like it would be a good troubleshooting method even if it doesn't work.

No I have been clicking the "active file" button.

No I have been clicking the "active file" button.

I just checked and after running UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp if I click on file button before tryint to save it shows as a Master File and I can not get it to become a Active File. So it looks like that is the problem but I don't know what to do about it.

Hrm.. UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp  should not be a master file.  I'll bet when you were in Wrye Bash you did what I sometimes do and "Esmify'd" the wrong one.  Easy thing to do because, one of its Masters names is UniqueBorderGates-All.esp.  Either way, if you open in Wrye Bash and "Esmify Self" it will change it back to a non-master.  

You want to Esmify its masters and not it. 

You might want to go over my original post and walk through the steps for UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp.  You'll have several files listed as its master that you'll want temporarily esmify turning them into Real Masters.  Then after editing  and saving UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp in CK, go back into Wrye Bash and toggle those Masters back to how they were by doing the same emsify steps.

Edited by Xaxilis

Going through the guide looking for conflicts, and issues, just a few notes.

A Quality World map's noise.dds, which is better quality, is being overwritten by Terrain lod & vivid.

Terrain lod redone could be moved earlier in guide as its designed to be overwritten anyway.

Vivid landscape is overwriting Subliminal traps, not sure if this matters, will have to look in game.

Fences of Skyrim Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes

Don't think it's needed as its only for parallax, which SSE doesn't support anyway.

No snow under the roof, great mod in Oldrim.

Sadly it will be more jarring than immersive until its meshes are fixed.

And I don't see that happening tbh.

Edited by cptmcsplody

Going through the guide looking for conflicts, and issues, just a few notes.

A Quality World map's noise.dds, which is better quality, is being overwritten by Terrain lod & vivid.

Terrain lod redone could be moved earlier in guide as its designed to be overwritten anyway.

Vivid landscape is overwriting Subliminal traps, not sure if this matters, will have to look in game.

Fences of Skyrim Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes

Don't think it's needed as its only for parallax, which SSE doesn't support anyway.

No snow under the roof, great mod in Oldrim.

Sadly it will be more jarring than immersive until its meshes are fixed.

And I don't see that happening tbh.

Ok thanks I have added instructions to removed the noise.dds from Terrain Lod Redone & Vivid Landscapes so A Quailty Wolrd Map should be win the conflict now. Think Terrain LOD is OK where it is the only mod that it overwrites is Vivid Weathers tamrieltreelod.dds but that in turn gets overwritten by Enhanced Vanilla Trees. I removed Fences of Skyrim Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes cos you are right it does it provide meshes for parallax so not needed. Whats wrong with No Snow Under the Roof I don't see any issue with it

I'm getting a crash every time I get to/near Dawnstar. Happens when I use AS-LAL and also when i travel there. Suspecting of some buggy mesh as this used to happen with buggy SoS installations (but I checked and everything's correct with the snowy satues).

I have no issue in Dawnstar but is does sound like a buggy Statues of Skyrim install.

Ok guys with Cheskos announcement that he will be updating his mod I think I will skip over Campfire, and Frostfall until the updates are released. I will also Skip over Bath in Skyrim until we know what is going on with CACO