Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I didn't know it needed to be run through SSE INF Opt twice.  Perhaps that needs to be in the instructions.

It's one way of doing it. Head parts can't be processed with the same parameters as other meshes, so NIF optimizer gives you the option to do it separately. If you process head parts FIRST (this is important) by ticking the "head parts only" option, the second run on the same folder/subfolders will ignore those because they're already optimized, so just UNCHECK "head parts only" and do a second run.

The other way is to process the subfolders insider the main meshes folder separately, carefully picking the ones containing head parts and doing those with "head parts only" selected, and the others without (I think this is what Weasel did in the first video I watched for this). But this is very prone to error and I've never been sure of which meshes are "head parts" (should be facegen only, but what about hairs and stuff?). So the two step using the "recursive folders" option on both steps and processing from the main meshes folder is the best way to go, just never forget to do head parts first. Once those are optimized, you can optimize a second time and the program will ignore the meshes that have already been optimized. You can verify all of this by checking the log file in the NIF optimizer folder after each run.

Edited by godescalcus

It's one way of doing it. Head parts can't be processed with the same parameters as other meshes, so NIF optimizer gives you the option to do it separately. If you process head parts FIRST (this is important) by ticking the "head parts only" option, the second run on the same folder/subfolders will ignore those because they're already optimized, so just UNCHECK "head parts only" and do a second run.

This is what I did as it was far easier the faffing around with it all and yes SSE is officially doing my head in. If it is not one issue it another maybe things aren't as stable as i hoped when i first deiced to create this guide.

I guess it too much ask for a mod that is supposed to have been made for SSE to work properly on SSE without faffing around the CK, or SSE Nif opt. I am at the point now in saying if a mod made for SSE doesn't work out of the box and you have to faff around it ain't going in cos this is really really pissing me off now. Mini rant over and with that I am out off here smell you later.

• +1 1

This is what I did as it was far easier the faffing around with it all and yes SSE is officially doing my head in. If it is not one issue it another maybe things aren't as stable as i hoped when i first deiced to create this guide.

I guess it too much ask for a mod that is supposed to have been made for SSE to work properly on SSE without faffing around the CK, or SSE Nif opt. I am at the point now in saying if a mod made for SSE doesn't work out of the box and you have to faff around it ain't going in cos this is really really pissing me off now. Mini rant over and with that I am out off here smell you later.

I think the reason is many of the ported mods were not done by the original authors. A lot of the people doing the porting are not experienced at making or porting mods.

Edited by BuddyKidd

I think the reason is many of the ported mods were not done by the original authors. A lot of the people doing the porting are not experienced at making or porting mods.

And some of them ignore/delete bug reports. Had to basically harass the guy who ported Animated Clutter.

Some of its meshes (sacks was one) were not being rendered, you would only notice it if you knew the objects should be there.

Edited by cptmcsplody

Guys on the subject of Massive NPC Facelift Overhaul SE if we also delete the defaultfemale.hkx and defaultfemale.hkx would stop the FNIS T-pose issue?

Are those two being flagged by FNIS as being bad? The 3rd option in fnis will check for bad active animation files. I would also try deleting the fnis overwrite and run from scratch.

Edited by cptmcsplody

FWIW, I'm in agreement with your rant:  If a mod made for SSE doesn't work out of the box, don't include it in the Guide.  With all the mods that are (and will be) in it, it's extra work that shouldn't be needed.

Are those two being flagged by FNIS as being bad? The 3rd option in fnis will check for bad active animation files. I would also try deleting the fnis overwrite and run from scratch.

no they are not flagged a bad it just your character and all NPCs's will be in a T-pose until you install FNIS (I am trying to nip user question/moan in the butt before it happens). Plus i really don't see why a mod that is basically a Retetxure for NPC has those in there but it does.