Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

The old Darkside rocks that are thankfully still listed are the ONE rock mod that did something different and pulled it off blazingly well. 

With the right ENB and weather mods you could even picture yourself in MARS

image_5687e-Curiosity-Panorama.jpg

Hey, maybe that's where that nasty darkside came from! :P

I for one don't dislike grey stone; first and foremost, because grey offers a good contrast to the already colourful landscape. As I said before, the darkside textures are stunning, but I get tired after admiring them for a while. There's too much information there for something that your brain should process as background. The second reason is realism. Let's face it, most of the rocks in the world have neutral or very unsaturated tones. There are exceptions, of course, but to have a whole landscape uniformly built as something that should be an exception, again, is too much for me. Grey uniformity is the lesser of two evils, being the neutral one, you just forget about it and get on with playing the game. Darkside is too distracting. In the ideal world you could have different rock textures for different regions, depicting some natural variability, but to have all red hell is too much for me. Skyrim would be filled with prospectors since it would be brimming with elements such as I or K.

I confess I like Northfire's Photoreal mountain textures better. Even its more colorful main version (as opposed to grey vanilla style, also available) was less imposing than Majestic's darkside. If it weren't for the pain of combining it with One Mountain's meshes, that would still be my way to go.

The only issue I have on WB with SE (using the python version) is that when the bashed patch is done and the stdout/stderr window pops, I can't activate it. If I was doing something else while the bashed patch was building, it seems it crashed but if I context-in to the main WB window and click ok on the log, a few seconds later I'm able to also close the stdout/stderr window.

How many plugins did it take from your load?

Mator Smash made 21 mods redudnat.  Here's the list that was at the end of the Mator Smash Output:

Plugins merged into the patch that are now redundant:

Vivid Weathers SE - Bruma Patch.esp

Vivid Weathers SE - Extended Snow.esp

Vivid Weathers SE - Falskaar.esp

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp

RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp

SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp

dD-Short Script Range.esp

SparklesSE.esp

RSChildren Patch - BS Bruma.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp

XPMSSE.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

Better Dynamic Ash.esp

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

CH Bruma Patch.esp

Enchant&SmithingDuration.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - iNeed.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp

Note:  Instead of deactivating the mods, I moved the .ESPs to "Optional" folders within the mods folders.

This run was with all mods enabled (except FNIS mods, DynDOLOD mods, I didn't have a bashed patch, and I didn't have any SkyProc stuff installed {Side Note: as I was typing this I went back and checked the Guide again, and was reminded that [ASIS SSE] is a SkyProc Patcher app.  I need to deactivate that .esp for the next Smash Run.})  My ModWat.ch shows what I had installed at the time I ran MS for the first time (I was about half-way through Section 45: Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks).

I followed directions from  GamerPoets' video regarding setting MS up.  The next Smashed Patch I generate I'll use SSEEdit to look at it and see what I can see.

Edited by Decopauge123

Mator Smash made 21 mods redudnat.  Here's the list that was at the end of the Mator Smash Output:

Seems like it's pretty similar to WB, here's what my bashed patch merged (our mod lists aren't exactly the same):

Merge Patches
•  Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
•  RSC WT Patch.esp
•  RSC Falskaar Patch.esp
•  RSC CRF Patch.esp
•  RSC Beyond Reach Patch.esp
•  RSChildren Patch - BS Bruma.esp
•  XPMSSE.esp
•  RSC Folkstead Patch.esp
•  Better Dynamic Ash.esp
•  BlendedRoads.esp
•  RSC 3DNPC Patch.esp
•  RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp
•  Vivid Weathers SE - Bruma Patch.esp
•  Vivid Weathers SE - Falskaar.esp
•  RSC HR Patch.esp
•  RSC Nyhus Patch.esp
•  RSC Solitude Expansion Patch.esp
•  RSC Haafstad Patch.esp
•  RSC Questorium Patch.esp
•  RSC Settlements Expanded SE Patch.esp
•  RSC Haafingar Patch.esp
•  RSC MoonAndStar Patch.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Ordinator Patch.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
•  Vivid_TS_Patch_Ominous.esp
•  Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Vivid Weathers Patch.esp
•  Vivid Weathers SE - Extended Snow.esp
•  Vivid Weathers SE - AOS Patch.esp
•  dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
•  360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
•  Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Immersive Sounds Patch.esp
•  LSFX-SSE-Audiosettings.esp
•  RSC ETaC Complete Patch.esp
•  RSC Herds Patch.esp
•  RSC Forgotten City Patch.esp
•  DBM_UniqueLoot_Patch.esp
•  RSC BoS Patch.esp
•  RSC LotD Patch.esp
•  Vivid Weathers SE - LightingDuringStorm Patch.esp
•  DBM_ISC_Patch.esp
•  DBM_RSChildren_Patch.esp
•  DBM_AOS_Patch.esp
•  DBM_TCIY_Patch.esp
•  DBM_StagPrinceBow_Patch.esp
•  DBM_Cloaks_Patch.esp
•  BetterQuestObjectives.esp
•  BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
•  BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
•  BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
•  BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

Edited by godescalcus

Good news! Will test it with my College Days and ESF Companions conversion :D

As for Wrye Bash(I'm using 307.201712232300 standalone): those errors should not be ignored, better to disable the plugin with errors prior making the bashed patch...

Mator Smash (0.4.1): install like any other, when making the smash patch:

-don't include patchers like: WB, ASIS, FNIS, DSR, official esms..

-better not to include NPC retexture mods..The smash will be a mess when you've got multiple mods that edit NPC appearance records

-some users reported problems when making the smash with the New Locations addon for LAL(false corruption of the save)..

-if you have infinite loading screen try removing some plugins from the smash like USSEP or BS Heartland esm

-after you make the smash load your plugins in ssedit and look for errors..Mator Smash it's like a guy good at CR-ing but after a few shots of whiskey :D

=It's very useful when merging (just make a smash with the plugins you want to merge, load in SSEdit, apply filter, look for records not forwarded in smash, merge).

=You can do a smash like the final CR and after just edit the things you don't like..it will make things happen much easier than just doing all the manual CR-ing.

So for the Leveled Lists delete and let the bashed patch handle them (hopefully more tags will be added in the new version)

One of the file types we're not supposed to Smash is a BashedPatch.  Is a Conflict Resolution patch (New Followers and NPC - Conflict Resolution.esp) considered a mini-BashedPatch?

Edited by Decopauge123

hey guys have added True Storms and the Vivid - TrueStorms Merged Compatibility patch take note of the new Fomod instructions for Vivid Weathers.

There's also a patch for wet and cold in the miscellaneous section..Btw, is there a reason for not using Wearable Lanterns ? (mcm can be fix by extracting oldrim's interface folder)

There's also a patch for wet and cold in the miscellaneous section..Btw, is there a reason for not using Wearable Lanterns ? (mcm can be fix by extracting oldrim's interface folder)

OK did spot to patch for wet and cold so I'll add that. Well Wearable Lanterns needs updating I know you can extract the classic MCM but you will still get a warning when you first start it up so I decided for now Quick Light does what I want when Chesko updates I'll reconsider it.

Not exclusive to MO, Merge Plugins Standalone has the same problem. It seems the game now uses a different way of reading the load order and the plugins.txt file (located at %Appdata/Local/Skyrim Special Edition) now does NOT include Bethesda's plugins. Since MPS (and, apparently, MO) expects those to be present, they somehow inject them into the load order but completely misplace them, messing the whole thing up. The workaround I use is to have a txt file containing

*Skyrim.esm

*Update.esm

*Dawnguard.esm

*HearthFires.esm

*Dragonborn.esm

I open the text file, select all, copy, open plugins.txt (have shortcuts for both files in my start menu), paste at the top of the file, CTRL+S (save), DON'T CLOSE OR SWITCH TO ANOTHER APP that causes plugins.txt to update (such as Wrye Bash), instead open Merge Plugins Standalone (have a shortcut in the start menu right beside the basted .txt files) and everything's normal.

I'm sorry I don't remember where I've got this info but I've tried to replicate it exactly as I do, not that much of a hassle if you have your shortcuts at hand. This applies to Merge Plugins Standalone, I have no idea if MO's issue has the same origin since I'm using it only as a FOMOD extractor and as a safety net to run the CK from, but I do confirm the load order is all messed up. Using the "sort" button on top of the right pane seems to fix it, though-

Silly phone interface. The load order issue is only applicable if you did not start Monday as portable. The guide tells you to use the portable version.

OK since I am at the Recipe and Stat Changers not sure what I should do here I originally had plans to add Skyrim Alchemy and Food Overhaul but with CACO possibly out soon I might hold fire. The thing is currently the LOTD Merged Patch for this guide provided by SirJesto has it as a master and so does the test CR Darth made I guess i could add for now and wait for CACO to be release but i really don't want to add it then pull it in possibly few weeks time plus have to remake the CR.

Edit: I also had idea of using Ars Metallica instead of CCOR but that may drop soon as well choices choices.

OK since I am at the Recipe and Stat Changers not sure what I should do here I originally had plans to add Skyrim Alchemy and Food Overhaul but with CACO possibly out soon I might hold fire. The thing is currently the LOTD Merged Patch for this guide provided by SirJesto has it as a master and so does the test CR Darth made I guess i could add for now and wait for CACO to be release but i really don't want to add it then pull it in possibly few weeks time plus have to remake the CR.

Edit: I also had idea of using Ars Metallica instead of CCOR but that may drop soon as well choices choices.

I have no issue with testing and changing later on.

Also I have made categories for use in Mod Organizer 2 if anyone wants to use them.

It still has default ones for nexus SSE first

Edited by cptmcsplody

OK did spot to patch for wet and cold so I'll add that. Well Wearable Lanterns needs updating I know you can extract the classic MCM but you will still get a warning when you first start it up so I decided for now Quick Light does what I want when Chesko updates I'll reconsider it.

I see I don't recall any warning from Wearable Lanterns but who knows I'm level 20 with my test character..

I agree with using something temporary until CACO/CCF/CCOR/WAFR are released..Prior converting those from oldrim I used SAFO then went for Harvest Overhaul+MLU+Ars Metallica and they did a good job..You could use those until kryptopyr releases them..

They are a really Dark Grey, and if I didn't like the old ones better, these would, imo be the best rocks out there but, they are still Grey. Glad he kept the old Darkside listed for those who prefer it.  

For me, Skyrim has too much grey in the landscape as it is and so many structures are grey stone.  The old Darkside rocks that are thankfully still listed are the ONE rock mod that did something different and pulled it off blazingly well. 

-Xaxilis was here.

darkside got updated again to 1.71

I´m curious, if you have an SSD, do you have your Skyrim+mods all installed on the SSD, or just Skyrim base, and the mods on HDD? I´m a bit worried about longtime wear, especially with a mod load as big as this list...

Edited by theApe

I´m curious, if you have an SSD, do you have your Skyrim+mods all installed on the SSD, or just Skyrim base, and the mods on HDD? I´m a bit worried about longtime wear, especially with a mod load as big as this list...

SSD: Skyrim, MO2, mods inside M02 (c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mod Organizer\mods\)

HDD: MO2 downloads folder (e:\Skyrim mod downloads etc\Mod Organizer\downloads\)

Don't worry about warranty..most of the brands offer at least 5 years/300 tb written(Samsung Pro has 10 years)...With my 850 Pro I've written 20TB in 2 years