Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy thanks......because LE ran on DX9 and on win8 we had this lock, but i figured now that SE runs on DX11(may be wrong here), that that forced lock would be removed....might give Staag a call as he is pretty good with this kind if thing...either way sticking with 2k/1k textures. TA sweet lady

If I'm not mistaken, I think that limitation applied only to 32-bit DX9 games on Windows 8 and 10 (before it was fixed in 10).

Where in the left pane do we place Miscellaneous Merged now?  The Merge guide states after Cinematic Dragon Soul absorbtion, but it has now been removed.

Also, in the install guide, the Falskaar patches says to tick the wet and cold esp, but there is no wet and cold esp in that installer.

Edited by Smokingjoe1982

Where in the left pane do we place Miscellaneous Merged now?  The Merge guide states after Cinematic Dragon Soul absorbtion, but it has now been removed.

Also, in the install guide, the Falskaar patches says to tick the wet and cold esp, but there is no wet and cold esp in that installer.

Stick the miscellaneous merge after Dawnguard Rewritten - Arvak 

Typo in the fomodi'll fix these

I've just encountered a repeatable crash -- likely something specific on my end (not the guide itself), like a bad mesh file. Or so it seems, since it's an instant crash to desktop at the exact same spot every time. I was hoping just for some tips or ideas to help me diagnose the problem.

It's in DLC1DimHollowCrypt01, Awakening quest, the room where there is a vampire and death hound fighting with a draugr or 2. It's also the room with the 3 "caged hallways" where items sit just out of reach, with a 4th being a gate leading deeper into the zone. What's strange is that if I start a new game, COC DLC1DimHollowCrypt02, backtrack to ...Crypt01, to the exact spot of the crash, it is 100% fine, no crash, no problems. Also, if I do the same COC just before starting the Awakening quest (just before talking to Isran and Tolan), it is 100% fine, no crash. In both cases, before activating the Awakening quest I can run anywhere, all over these areas, with absolutely no problems.

So, it seems starting the Awakening quest is activating something or spawning some item or NPC or something in that room. My question is, with my somewhat limited xEdit and CK knowledge, is there a way to inspect the files and determine what might be changing in that room upon starting the Awakening quest, and presumably causing my crash problem?

Short of discovering what specific conditions are causing the crash, my next plans of action are to first re-start the whole sequence from before activating the quest. And if that doesn't work, simply COC to skip that area entirely. But those plans don't address a potentially larger corrupted asset problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

(edit -- corrected quest name to Awakening, not Bloodline!)

Edited by PepperJ071

Maybe this might be worth a look?  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19940  Simple Follower Manager.  I have been using it in my own load order for a day or so and it allowed me to get rid of a few other mods like MHIYH (My Home is your home), SOM (Simple outfit manager), iAFT and Patches.  It seems to be light weight and works really well so far. The only drawback for me is that it only allows for a max of 10 followers at a time.  The mod author is looking at expanding it. I usually only use Inigo, Cortex Followers and maybe one or two more so this works well for me in my personal load out.

It can be used in conjunction with custom followers without messing up their AI according to the author and some have reported using it with AFT or EFF.  The outfit manager also allows for setting up weapons and jewelry per outfit.  Just a heads up.

Edited by Oremonger

If I'm not mistaken, I think that limitation applied only to 32-bit DX9 games on Windows 8 and 10 (before it was fixed in 10).

Thanks Greg. Been reading on the web a bit about this, but still seems there a little confusion still regarding this. As stated 32 bit DX9 Skyrim LE on windows 8/1 had this limitation but now on x64 bit DX11 general consensus is it been lifted, together with the fix on Win 10. Win 7 worked differently and had no problems......but some still think that regardless of x64 bit DX11 on win 8 it is still a problem, microsoft didn't make a patch for win 8 only win 10 there new platform......i guess I'll found out one way or another come game time

Edited by berndaroy

Thanks Greg. Been reading on the web a bit about this, but still seems there a little confusion still regarding this. As stated 32 bit DX9 Skyrim LE on windows 8/1 had this limitation but now on x64 bit DX11 general consensus is it been lifted, together with the fix on Win 10. Win 7 worked differently and had no problems......but some still think that regardless of x64 bit DX11 on win 8 it is still a problem, microsoft didn't make a patch for win 8 only win 10 there new platform......i guess I'll found out one way or another come game time

Ok Greg you are right. The vram limitation applys only to win8/8.1 on 32 bit DX9 games i.e Skyrim LE: this limitation was fixed for win 10 for 32bit dx9. Skyrim SE on 64 bit DX11 has no limitation on win8/8.1/10....Happy days

Edited by berndaroy

So naturally, the game hates me.

Updated the game to match the guide, and getting straight CTD on start-up. SKSE, ENB, and game binaries all updated, and guide mods updated (not including this morning's changes). Thought it might have been one of my 'add-ins', but even with those shut off, same result. Showing no missing masters via MO. Kind of at the limit of ideas right now, so looking for the 'oh, well, duh!' thing that I've probably missed. Ideas?

So naturally, the game hates me.

Updated the game to match the guide, and getting straight CTD on start-up. SKSE, ENB, and game binaries all updated, and guide mods updated (not including this morning's changes). Thought it might have been one of my 'add-ins', but even with those shut off, same result. Showing no missing masters via MO. Kind of at the limit of ideas right now, so looking for the 'oh, well, duh!' thing that I've probably missed. Ideas?

Do you have simply knock? Mods with skse can still ctd even if the esp isn't active.

I'm in the midst of installing Lexy's and I'm stuck:

Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between "SFCO - LotD Patch.esp" and "Better Dynamic Snow.esp". Back cycle: Better Dynamic Snow.esp, CWI Patches Merged.esp, Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul.esp, SFCO - LotD Patch.esp

https://modwat.ch/u/jimbosi/modlist

If I can't get this cyclic interaction solved, can I just go to Lexy's modwat.ch and drag and position the left and right panes by hand? 

While I know in theory "cyclic interaction" (files recursively pointing to each other), I'm definitely not sure what steps I need to take to solve the issue.

Some hints as to what I should do with:

SFCO - LotD Patch.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

CWI Patches Merged.esp (I triple-checked merge order; it's good)

Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul.esp

As always, I greatly appreciate the help.

As an aside, I've been at Lexy's installl for a few weeks now (and about 16 straight hours over two days--like a job!), and I'd really love to dive into a game. So close! After sorting, I can do SSEedit, DynDOLOD, FNIS, and done (I think)!

Again, TIA!