Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Do you have simply knock? Mods with skse can still ctd even if the esp isn't active.

There's a fix for SKSE 2.0.8 in the comments section.

Turns out this was the ONLY one that was causing the problem. Using the temp fix in the comments, the entire load order (including my own additions) works fine. You two gentlepeople have saved me a lot of additional hair loss... which is good, 'cause I don't have much hair left. :)

• +1 1

@jimbosi

Every time I had this happen with this guide it was because I forgot to uncheck something in the left pane that was included in a merge or I forgot to update/edit the metadata in LOOT. I would go back and check those two things.  I would also check the special instructions in the guide for editing/updating the metadata in LOOT for all of those to make sure you added them to the correct groups.

Sorry if you already know this, just trying to help.

xLODGEN - v Beta 22 link in the prereqs page is no longer available. Googling for it the post shows its at v27 and possibly updated today?

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr/

Safe to use v27?

If xLOD or DynDOLOD or any other tool updates, it's pretty safe to use the updates - there are one or two exceptions (ReLinker, for example), but for the major ones being worked on by Mator or the xEdit team, it's safe enough.

Question: Is it possible to have 2 different versions of Skyrim SE installed at the same time?  For example a 1.5.39 version as D:/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition v1.5.39 and then the 1.5.50 version as D:/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition  I would also do the same in the Documents/games/Skyrim Special Edition folder renaming and making 2 different ones.

I was also going to install MO2 and tools for each version using the path to the version I wanted. I know this would work as far as Steam is concerned because it will no longer see the renamed version so it will not update it. But do you guys see any problems with other tools or MO2 having a problem with this setup?

Edited by Oremonger

Tried a new windows login, and while that may be the "Best" option for some people it is not for me.  I forgot that I had made several changes to Windows 10 to lock it down, and it seems that having another login reverts those changes and reestablishes links.  Now I have a ton of windows junkware again :(

I'm in the midst of installing Lexy's and I'm stuck:

Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between "SFCO - LotD Patch.esp" and "Better Dynamic Snow.esp". Back cycle: Better Dynamic Snow.esp, CWI Patches Merged.esp, Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul.esp, SFCO - LotD Patch.esp

https://modwat.ch/u/jimbosi/modlist

If I can't get this cyclic interaction solved, can I just go to Lexy's modwat.ch and drag and position the left and right panes by hand? 

While I know in theory "cyclic interaction" (files recursively pointing to each other), I'm definitely not sure what steps I need to take to solve the issue.

Some hints as to what I should do with:

SFCO - LotD Patch.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

CWI Patches Merged.esp (I triple-checked merge order; it's good)

Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul.esp

As always, I greatly appreciate the help.

As an aside, I've been at Lexy's installl for a few weeks now (and about 16 straight hours over two days--like a job!), and I'd really love to dive into a game. So close! After sorting, I can do SSEedit, DynDOLOD, FNIS, and done (I think)!

Again, TIA!

In almost every case I came across cyclic redundancies fix themselves when you do the merges. If you want to fix it now though you can see what files are going to eventually be in a merge and assign them the same loot rule that the merge will have. That usually cleared things up for me.

Edited by Wicketklown001

Also, I have a suggestion for an inclusion that looks interesting to me. It's called Better Spell Learning, includes a patch for Ordinator, and other patches are available (or in development) as well. 

The idea is that learning spells takes study. Spell tomes don't simply vanish having magically deposited ancient knowledge inside your brain. Each reading of a spell tome gets you a percentage of the way toward mastery of the spell, with additional bonuses given for the environment in which you study. Studying in the mage college will get you further each reading than, say, peeking in the book in a pitch black, skeleton-infested dungeon. 

I haven't tried it yet, but the idea is appealing (to me, anyway). 

Hello everyone! First post here. I have a question related to what I assume is mesh issues. I have the whole guide installed up to the updates from the changelog on 30/07/18. Everything seems to be working fine, except that my stormcloak and Imperial NPCs are coming up with the exclamation mark  triangle where their armor should be (or some times they are just floating heads and limbs). Any idea what mod could be causing this? I did a bit of a search online and some pointed to Immersive Armor, but I'm not completely sure; or if something else is corrupted / conflicting. Thanks for any help!

Also, I have a suggestion for an inclusion that looks interesting to me. It's called Better Spell Learning, includes a patch for Ordinator, and other patches are available (or in development) as well. 

The idea is that learning spells takes study. Spell tomes don't simply vanish having magically deposited ancient knowledge inside your brain. Each reading of a spell tome gets you a percentage of the way toward mastery of the spell, with additional bonuses given for the environment in which you study. Studying in the mage college will get you further each reading than, say, peeking in the book in a pitch black, skeleton-infested dungeon. 

I haven't tried it yet, but the idea is appealing (to me, anyway). 

Some of the ideas seem good - were it not for the fact that it eats up in-game time. Without a needs mod, I can see this... but with no additional results other than 'learned the spell and kept the book', it's time spent for no real effect. Some on the comments suggested that the study should add to the relevant school of magic's skill level - if it did that, I could see it. But not as it is, and not for a mod that would seem to be abandoned by it's author with a major vendor bug still present.

On another front - Somehow, Relic Hunter or something associated with the Museum and Archaeology appears to be installed into the load order twice... or so I'm assuming, since the option with LAL to be the Guild Master showed up twice, and the lone dig I've been to allowed me to search for artifacts twice. Additionally, the opening quest for this start (Akaviri Rising) seemed to have two simultaneous instances of the building you explore - I went in once, and the quest related stuff wasn't happening. I left and came back in, and a whole new set of enemies appeared and the quest stuff was running. Have checked in SSEEdit, and there are no second instances of Relic Hunter, so I didn't accidentally add it into a merge or something. I've reinstalled both it and LOTD just to be certain as well. Yet again, this update is doing it's best to screw with me... any ideas, oh mighty ones? I think this may also have something to do with a consistent CTD in Solitude when passing the main market inside the gate, heading towards the DBM.

Edited by Shadriss