Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

On my side i'll add rigmor. For me one of the best immersive follower

Rigmor is a whole DLC in itself. Last time I played it went from 0 to level 35 just playing Rigmor and ignoring the main quest and mostly all side quests. I also played it for years and saw it evolve from an extremely buggy and unstable mod that you'd definitely have to use the console to advance, to a very stable one (although filled with potential conflicts because of all the world edits and scripted walks that can get easily broken). For that reason I wouldn't call it a companion mod and wouldn't install it lightly over a heavy build. It must take some conflict resolving to work. For my part I'm installing Arissa and Recorder, to see if they can be as annoying (and funny) as Sofia and Inigo.

Rigmor is a whole DLC in itself. Last time I played it went from 0 to level 35 just playing Rigmor and ignoring the main quest and mostly all side quests. I also played it for years and saw it evolve from an extremely buggy and unstable mod that you'd definitely have to use the console to advance, to a very stable one (although filled with potential conflicts because of all the world edits and scripted walks that can get easily broken). For that reason I wouldn't call it a companion mod and wouldn't install it lightly over a heavy build. It must take some conflict resolving to work. For my part I'm installing Arissa and Recorder, to see if they can be as annoying (and funny) as Sofia and Inigo.

Going to give Professor Doon a go, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/274

Hi guys. There is an issue with Footprints version number - guide says to download version 1.00, but the latest version is 1.5.3, while Old Files only go back as far as 1.5.1. Will there be any problem with downloading the most recent version?

yeah that just a typo select the most recent version I'll fix that

Hi Lexy,

I happened upon this recent post in the Lightning During Storms forum.  Maybe you're already aware of it;  

10 December 2017, 1:49PM

after chasing down some papyrus errors, it's apparent that this mod has a script that is calling the original esp by name. 
This conversion has been renamed to "LightngDuringStorm.esp" , I'd suggests restoring the name to it's original "mintylightningmod.esp"
to restore script functionality.

example error:
[12/10/2017 - 03:02:37PM] Error: File "MintyLightningMod.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
stack:
<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?
[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.AddBadWeathers() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?
[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnConfigInit() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?
[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnGameReload() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?
[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnInit() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?

In an effort to quickly confirm the problem, I dug into the source directory for the script files.  I used Notepad++ to search all of them at once and found this;

D:\Modding\Skyrim SE\Mod Organizer 2\Installed Mods\Lightning During Storms Sse (Minty lightning)\scripts\source\MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc (5 hits)
Line 94: LoadCustomContent("MintyMods/MintyLightningMod.swf")
Line 166: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 183: FormList MintyBadWeathersRemoved = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0104026F, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 478: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 486: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList

Just to make sure none of the scripts also reference the new .esp name of; "LightngDuringStorm.esp", I then did a search for it and blessedly didn't find anything.

So, renaming the .esp to "MintyLightningMod.esp" looks like a safe solution.

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Hi Lexy,

I happened upon this recent post in the Lightning During Storms forum.  Maybe you're already aware of it;  

10 December 2017, 1:49PM

after chasing down some papyrus errors, it's apparent that this mod has a script that is calling the original esp by name. 

This conversion has been renamed to "LightngDuringStorm.esp" , I'd suggests restoring the name to it's original "mintylightningmod.esp"

to restore script functionality.

example error:

[12/10/2017 - 03:02:37PM] Error: File "MintyLightningMod.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?

[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.AddBadWeathers() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnConfigInit() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?

[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnGameReload() - "MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[MintyLightningQuest (71000D62)].MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.OnInit() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?

In an effort to quickly confirm the problem, dug into the source directory for the script files.  I used Notepad++ to search all of them at once and found this;

D:\Modding\Skyrim SE\Mod Organizer 2\Installed Mods\Lightning During Storms Sse (Minty lightning)\scripts\source\MintyMcmPatchQuestScript.psc (5 hits)
Line 94: LoadCustomContent("MintyMods/MintyLightningMod.swf")
Line 166: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 183: FormList MintyBadWeathersRemoved = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0104026F, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 478: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList
Line 486: FormList MintyBadWeathers = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0101D776, "MintyLightningMod.esp") As FormList

Just to make sure none of the scripts also reference the new .esp name of; "LightngDuringStorm.esp", I then did a search for it and blessedly didn't find anything.

So, renaming the .esp to "MintyLightningMod.esp" looks like a safe solution.

-Xaxilis

Or renaming the mod name in the script to LightngDuringStorm.esp  ;)

Or renaming the mod name in the script to LightngDuringStorm.esp ;)

Which means Lexy will need to provide recompiled scripts for her guide. Renaming the ESP is easier; only thing that needs to be taken care of is patches that address the old name like the one in Vivid Weathers; but that is easily taken care of with WB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Which means Lexy will need to provide recompiled scripts for her guide. Renaming the ESP is easier; only thing that needs to be taken care of is patches that address the old name like the one in Vivid Weathers; but that is easily taken care of with WB.

I forgot about that so to make things even easier I have issued an esp replacer for Vivid Weathers SE - LightingDuringStorm Patch.esp via our dropbox. It might be worth informing MangaClub about this issue?

IMO it's easier to edit scripts one time than multiple potential patches and possible future patches, but to each their own.