Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Yes they are the same as the ones you have selected in the FOMOD instructions of Barenziah's Glory. I've dropped this mod from my list exactly for this reason :)

I've found two missing informations with your installation instructions for Blowing in the wind, a compatibility patch for Provincial courier service and SMIMM-Merged-All should have been selected ;)

EDIT; Oups, my mistake, There's a also a compatibility patches for Weathered Road Signs. 

OK then I will pull Barenziah's Glory.

As stated CLARALUX should be covering the missing patches from Blowing in The Wind Lexy said she will be pushing the CLARALUX patches down the guide when she reaches the Compatibility section nearer the end. As for Weathered Road Signs that is not need since we are only using it as a Texture and Mesh replacer for Point the way.

How does one troubleshoot navmesh issues? I just reinstalled my whole build because I thought I might have caused some installed files to go corrupt by using the CK outside MO to regenerate NAVI on a merge. But now I have a fresh build and there's still an odd gap in Riverwood, in front of Sven's house. Neither Sven nor Hadvar walk down the road past that house, instead they stop and walk back across the gate, then a few yards ahead they turn back and get "blocked" in the same spot.

I loaded the whole build in xEdit but the NAVI record is strange, altough it's always the same id (00012FB4) it's never overwritten, instead it's greyed out, and when I select it, xEdit only displays info for that mod. So I guess this particular record doesn't work like most of the others and xEdit can't be used to find conflicts.

How does one troubleshoot navmesh issues? I just reinstalled my whole build because I thought I might have caused some installed files to go corrupt by using the CK outside MO to regenerate NAVI on a merge. But now I have a fresh build and there's still an odd gap in Riverwood, in front of Sven's house. Neither Sven nor Hadvar walk down the road past that house, instead they stop and walk back across the gate, then a few yards ahead they turn back and get "blocked" in the same spot.

I loaded the whole build in xEdit but the NAVI record is strange, altough it's always the same id (00012FB4) it's never overwritten, instead it's greyed out, and when I select it, xEdit only displays info for that mod. So I guess this particular record doesn't work like most of the others and xEdit can't be used to find conflicts.

Umm what mods did you merge? you did the merge in merge plugin or xedit?

Just want to try and fix it in ck, I can do nav-meshing.

Edit: Also sounds like you need to fix & finalize the nav-meshes in CK.

Edited by cptmcsplody

The NAVI record will not be your issue. You are looking for a conflict with navmesh in a worldspace record. In this case, in Riverwood.

• +1 1

Umm what mods did you merge? you did the merge in merge plugin or xedit?

Just want to try and fix it in ck, I can do nav-meshing.

Edit: Also sounds like you need to fix & finalize the nav-meshes in CK.

I did a merge with weapons and armors mods and their patches for the Dragonborn Museum, using Merge Plugins Standalone, which reported navmesh conflicts.  Why the heck do weapons mods have navmesh in the first place? Dunno, maybe it's something related to the dragonborn museum and their patches, maybe it's CK spam. Anyway, I deleted NAVI in xEdit and tried to rebuild in the CK. Esmified the only master in Wrye Bash but I bet something went wrong, because the merge file after resaving in the CK had no masters... In any case, deactivating that merge didn't fix my problems in Riverwood, so I scrapped my build and did a complete reinstall and here I am, I haven't got to the weapons and armors section yet and the problem's there, so it's completely unrelated to that merge (even though I'm sure I didn't do the merge right).

How can I regenerate navmeshes for my whole build? That's exactly what I wanted to know, I've never done it. What I'm attempting now is to uninstall location mods one by one to try and find an offender, but I'd rather know how to fix things instead of just leaving mods out of the build.

The NAVI record will not be your issue. You are looking for a conflict with navmesh in a worldspace record. In this case, in Riverwood.

Thank you! That sheds some light on the matter. I just unloaded ETaC Complete and the problem's gone. Now I need to reload it and look at it in xEdit to try and fix conflicts. Maybe it's just a load order thing. Maybe an override in my CR will sort it out. Seems like the fix is on the way!

Anyway @cptmcsplody I'd still like to learn how to fix navmesh after merging, if you can take the time to explain (or point me to where I can learn, I do know about the ETaC article in classic Skyrim and tried to follow it but surely missed something. Also seen a guide by Arthmoor at afkmods on how to fix deleted navmesh, didn't follow that one yet as it seemed to imply noting down each conflict and addressing them individually, which seemed a lot more complicated than what the other article suggested. The two articles may be addressing entirely different issues, I'll admit that my inexperience here is absolute.

Darth you were querying about MFg console...would this be any help, bare in mind i haven't installed or looked at it in game https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12919..plus the mod author states its not "the goal of this mod is not to reproduce MfgConsole.", but an extension. If its no good just disregard

I also installed it but didn't test, as I never ran it before. It was required by a hotkey plugin I needed to test a poser mod, but the hkx animations of this poser's supposed sse port were all broken so I kicked it.

On a probably different (but related) matter, do you guys know which classic skyrim mod gives us these extensive stats in the console (tables on the left and right of the screen):

65452a5a02e978ae11eeeef4104fc49f.jpg

Edited by godescalcus

Here's something I found in xEdit. Seems like ETaC's navmesh is way more limited than USSEP's. Skyrim Underground loads after ETaC and restores USSEP's navmesh. What happens if I make ETaC load after Skyrim Underground?

5301d0777969fa656f1c68242fd0c47f.png

Thank you! That sheds some light on the matter. I just unloaded ETaC Complete and the problem's gone. Now I need to reload it and look at it in xEdit to try and fix conflicts. Maybe it's just a load order thing. Maybe an override in my CR will sort it out. Seems like the fix is on the way!

Anyway @cptmcsplody I'd still like to learn how to fix navmesh after merging, if you can take the time to explain (or point me to where I can learn, I do know about the ETaC article in classic Skyrim and tried to follow it but surely missed something. Also seen a guide by Arthmoor at afkmods on how to fix deleted navmesh, didn't follow that one yet as it seemed to imply noting down each conflict and addressing them individually, which seemed a lot more complicated than what the other article suggested. The two articles may be addressing entirely different issues, I'll admit that my inexperience here is absolute.

Darkfox127 has some very good youtube videos on Nav-meshing which is a good place to start.

I would also recommend just loading up the ck, creating a new plugin file and just mess about with an interior cell till you get comfortable with the controls.

Also this will be your best friend while doing nav-meshes. 

https://i.imgur.com/48Fh1bL.png

https://i.imgur.com/swSfjbl.png

Edited by cptmcsplody

Darkfox127 has some very good youtube videos on Nav-meshing which is a good place to start.

I would also recommend just loading up the ck, creating a new plugin file and just mess about with an interior cell till you get comfortable with the controls.

Thank you again. I don't want to sound lazy but this seems like a lot of work for just making one mod work (ETaC) as it would also be my first steps with the CK (apart from re-saving classic skyrim mods). Looking at the gaps in the triangles in Riverwood (ETaC_Complete.esp) it seems there's a problem with the mod and it should be the mod author fixing it. I'll eventually get around to learn navmeshing, I want to... It's just that taking the time to learn how to do it now (and how to use the CK altogether) will postpone my getting anywhere near a "testable" build by a lot. I wish this were something you could quickly fix with copy-pasting in xEdit. As it is, seems like I'm going to have to leave ETaC out for now. Or maybe make sure its navmesh is overridden with USSEP so that if anything breaks it will be ETaC's content and the rest of the build will be ok. That way I still get the aesthetics and maybe some partial functionality while I test other stuff...