Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

IMO it's easier to edit scripts one time than multiple potential patches and possible future patches, but to each their own.

Which means Lexy will need to provide recompiled scripts for her guide. Renaming the ESP is easier; only thing that needs to be taken care of is patches that address the old name like the one in Vivid Weathers; but that is easily taken care of with WB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I forgot about that so to make things even easier I have issued an esp replacer for Vivid Weathers SE - LightingDuringStorm Patch.esp via our dropbox. It might be worth informing MangaClub about this issue?

I don't know how easy it is to edit scripts and recompile them (never done that) but renaming the esp breaks the compatibility patch for Vivid Weathers, which depends on the current name.

I installed the Wrye Smash 307.201801021732 build available at the bottom of the 2nd post in the AFK Mods topic 4966-wrye-bash-all-games , as you suggested, godescalcus.

(...)I enabled all .ESP files, rebuilt the Bashed Patch, and the resulting file used Form 44, as desired.  A   wxPython   stdout/stderr    message window was displayed during the rebuilding of the Bashed Patch.

is either using Beta1 where the bashed patch had form version 0 which triggered that script or her Bashed Patch isn't getting rebuilt. My recommendation after verifying she's running Beta 2 would be to get her to do a clean rebuild (meaning remove/rename the old file) of her Bashed Patch.

The above note I got from @Beermotor at afkmods after confirming that the beta1 version of Wrye Bash IS NOT ADEQUATE FOR SSE just adds that if the bashed patch had been rebuilt in form version 43 previously, and that form version persists while using the more recent versions of WB, one should perform a clean rebuild, meaning deleting the current bashed patch, creating a new one (right click > file > create new bashed patch) and rebuilding as usual (not forgetting to set up the tweaks again).

Edited by godescalcus

only thing that needs to be taken care of is patches that address the old name like the one in Vivid Weathers; but that is easily taken care of with WB.

In WB it's easy to add a master to a file, but that doesn't take care of the broken records that point to the old master file - or does it? I think you still have to go in xEdit with both original and new masters loaded and redirect manually every record that was pointing to the original master...

In WB it's easy to add a master to a file, but that doesn't take care of the broken records that point to the old master file - or does it? I think you still have to go in xEdit with both original and new masters loaded and redirect manually every record that was pointing to the original master...

all i did was rename the master in xedit for Vivid Weathers SE - LightingDuringStorm Patch.esp to point to MintyLightningMod.esp. But I do agree with SirJesto recompiling the script would be better thing is i have never done that before however if someone else was to recompile the scripts I would be happy to provide them via the dropbox.

Don't need to bring up task manager, those errors refer to individual records in old format inside plugins in form 44. Just click ok in the bash log once it's finished rebuilding and then you'll be able to access and close the errors window. The only way to correc that is to resave the mentioned plugins in the CK. I did that with the NSUTR patch and Vigilant and now also have to do it with Wheels of Lull. Better check if the assets in those mods are converted as well.

ok so i have tested the very latest bleeding edge of Wrye Bash 307 beta 2 and I am still having the same issues it keeps spewing out errors and the only way to quit to bring up task manager

https://imgur.com/5fuAs3u

Edited by godescalcus

Don't need to bring up task manager, those errors refer to individual records in old format inside plugins in form 44. Just click ok in the bash log once it's finished rebuilding and then you'll be able to access and close the errors window. The only way to correc that is to resave the mentioned plugins in the CK. I did that with the NSUTR patch and Vigilant and now also have to do it with Wheels of Lull. Better check if the assets in those mods are converted as well.

:wallbash: :crash: why can't mod authors just bloody run there fecking esp through the CK at the moment it like every other esp has the wrong form id and it is starting to really pissed me off. Isn't the NSUTR patch from better Dynamic snow and isn't TechAngel looking after that mod? I might have to go and light a fire under his arse.

Wheels of Lull has a multitude of issue that's why i haven't included.

I am actually getting to the point where i might say Feck it lets not even use Wrye Bash.

IMO it's easier to edit scripts one time than multiple potential patches and possible future patches, but to each their own.

Hi there buddy!

Yes it is easier and I agree it is one-time job...BUT...you will need permission from original author (plus from porting author I assume) plus if I remember correctly (it has been some time since I looked into these scripts) you will need SkyUI's SDK to compile them as some of them are for the MCM configuration. Not saying it is difficult to do so but it is not a straight-up recompile in CK using vanilla scripts.

When you rename an ESP you do NOT break any references. So changing these sort of Masters in WB, is just a single click that does not change anything other that the name of the Master.

You can load up the patch afterwards in xEdit and confirm that everything is in order.

And to answer your question...NO u do not need (for this sort of operation) to redirect manually every record that was pointing to the original Master, simply because the actual ESP remains the same.

Not sure how necessary this is, but the formlist 0516733B in Enhanced Lights has invalid entries after removing the Thalmor Embassy records.

https://imgur.com/0q0rJde

These can be remove through xEdit with a script, search for FormID 0516733B(Right click just that record, apply script -> select Remove invalid entries from from lists, click ok)

https://imgur.com/alByGFr

This is how it should look afterwards. https://imgur.com/qdjtjUV

Edited by cptmcsplody

Not sure how necessary this is, but the formlist 0516733B in Enhanced Lights has invalid entries after removing the Thalmor Embassy records.

https://imgur.com/0q0rJde

These can be remove through xEdit with a script, search for FormID 0516733B(Right click just that record, apply script -> select Remove invalid entries from from lists, click ok)

https://imgur.com/alByGFr

This is how it should look afterwards. https://imgur.com/qdjtjUV

you are probably right you might as well do that as it will clean up the esp I'll add that as I have given up on my arguments with Wrye Bash for Now.

:wallbash: :crash: why can't mod authors just bloody run there fecking esp through the CK at the moment it like every other esp has the wrong form id and it is starting to really pissed me off. Isn't the NSUTR patch from better Dynamic snow and isn't TechAngel looking after that mod? I might have to go and light a fire under his arse.

Wheels of Lull has a multitude of issue that's why i haven't included.

I am actually getting to the point where i might say Feck it lets not even use Wrye Bash.

I'm using the standalone one from here without any problems (installdir c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\)..in fact I don't recall that is anything from the oldrim's guide that doesn't work in SSE.(except some skse plugins)

Edited by mavanaic

I'm using the standalone one from here without any problems (installdir c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\)..in fact I don't recall that is anything from the oldrim's guide that doesn't work in SSE.(except some skse plugins)

Mine too is placed in the Skyrim SSE Directory the issue isn't the esps having the wrong Formids it is the stupid Formid checker that Wrye Bash have implemented. Take TechAngels the NSUTR patch from better Dynamic snow Wrye bash say is has issue Tech says there is not so his solution disable the esp when running Wrye Bash yes this means it can't be merged but that not a major issue.

It's just a shame we can't just turn off the Formid checker.

Mine too is placed in the Skyrim SSE Directory the issue isn't the esps having the wrong Formids it is the stupid Formid checker that Wrye Bash have implemented. Take TechAngels the NSUTR patch from better Dynamic snow Wrye bash say is has issue Tech says there is not so his solution disable the esp when running Wrye Bash yes this means it can't be merged but that not a major issue.

It's just a shame we can't just turn off the Formid checker.

Try this one? Anyways these should be merged together prior bash patch

Edited by mavanaic