Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've been checking the change log every day getting myself hyped up for getting this installed on SE and came to the comments to thank you to already see a wave of people doing just that.

I'm amazed at the progress, can't wait until there's a "base" ready to install guide, but don't burn yourself out! I've absolutely loved and appreciate all the hard work you've put in with guides in the past. Most of us understand this stuff isn't fast or easy. Keep on keeping on and enjoy what you're doing! It's much appreciated.

I'm loving my Solitude combo! First time I got lost in years!

++ 247 - 1325 Books of Skyrim-4115-1-0.7z (CD1DB253) (Installed)

++ 248 - 1326 Solitude Expansion 2.063-8-2-063.rar (21EF9FA3) (Installed)

++ 249 - 1326 Solitude Expansion 2.065-8-2-065.zip (6EEE0F07) (Installed)      (update esp)

++ 250 - 1326c Better Docks Patch-8-2-061BDP.zip (A6069BC4) (Installed)

++ 251 - 1327 Solitude Skyway-8250-1-2.7z (66CA8C3E) (Installed)

++ 252 - 1326b Solitude Skyway Patch-8-2-061SSP.zip (A7106FC1) (Installed)

That adds onto Dawn of Skyrim (only interior city) and obviously Better Docks. The only clipping I saw was some very few trees from Enhanced Oaks Standalone that can be easily patched.

Now I'm posting this picture because I'm having second thoughts about Majestic Mountains... Not that the textures aren't beautiful or that the effect isn't, in general, impressive, they're just... Too majestic, maybe? A little overwhealming. I also feel that the FOV in a 16:9 screen should be about 96 - maybe that's just what I was used to in classic skyrim, but now I feel dizzy whenever I have both near and far objects, as if I were wearing some zoom lens...

CHD1xNm.png

Hrm.. I love those rocks.  To me, The other kinds, like the grey ones, don't have any contrast for stone buildings and most of the grey ones also look fake to me.  These bring life to the game for me.

Not knocking your preference.  Just wanted to add my own.  ::):

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

thanks for your kind words on encouragement guys i really do appreciate them.

godescalus you could try this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14965 instead of majestic mountain,

I might take a qucik look at Solitude Expansion I have always felt underwhelmed by Solitude.

Edit: I tried out Solitude Expansion while it does add a lot of extra builds and fills out Solitude the fps Hit is too much for my liking dropped to under 40 in places so not worth it in the grand scheme of things. But looking into this mod have made me remember we will need the LOTD Skyway patch when I come to add LOTD.

didn't Skyrim Underground have Navmesh conflicts with ETaC or something?

Jenna's looking into it but so far as Riverwood is concerned, in my game the conflict was overcome simply by loading ETaC after Skyrim Underground. Not sure if it broke anything in the latter, as I don't know where the underground surfaces in Riverwood, but I'll have a look.

As for the Solitude Extension, my nvidia overlay decided SSE isn't a supported game as I opted into the experimental tools to try out their shaders... So I'm lacking an fps-o-meter atm... I didn't notice any perceptible drop inside (DoS) or outside (Extension) the walls, but your warning tells me it's probably not a good idea to increase the FoV, even though it's nice for panoramas and makes Skyrim look bigger.

Edited by godescalcus

Edit: I tried out Solitude Expansion while it does add a lot of extra builds and fills out Solitude the fps Hit is too much for my liking dropped to under 40 in places so not worth it in the grand scheme of things. But looking into this mod have made me remember we will need the LOTD Skyway patch when I come to add LOTD.

For Solitude I tried a lot of addons...ended up with the good ol' combo JKs Lite + Dawn of Skyrim..like in explorer's guide but I removed Whiterun from both since I'm using Jks Whiterun for SSE + Eli's Breezehome...works like a charm..

For Solitude I tried a lot of addons...ended up with the good ol' combo JKs Lite + Dawn of Skyrim..like in explorer's guide but I removed Whiterun from both since I'm using Jks Whiterun for SSE + Eli's Breezehome...works like a charm..

That combo is a classic that can't fail. I used it in my last few rounds of Skyrim LE. Still in Solitude there's plenty of room for addons outside the walls, as their changes are strictly within the walls. I used Skyway, Enhanced Landscapes Oaks and Better Docks, now I added Solitude Extension with its patches and it fits snuggly with everything (save the odd oak that will need to be cut for firewood).

In the SE I dropped JK's, since the DoS combo was made with JK's Lite which isn't available for the SE (without porting). So I went with Autum of Whiterun with does, IMO, a better job "cluttering" whiterun and DoS which adds new market stalls, new npcs, etc. Both work together without a single glitch. I even threw trees in cities on top of that and measured fps in the 55's in Whiterun (never in classic!). For Breezehome I'm trying a variation on the same tune as Eli's - think I'll port this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64160. Also added a sweet mod that doesn't conflict with anything: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76800

Outskirts of Whiterun get more woodland from Whiterun Stables Tweaks that blend very well with the Boreal Forest atmosphere.

Folks, a lot of the errors we've been seeing in wrye bash may be related with this (or other fixes Bethesda may have implemented in both the base game and the CK since the launch of SSE):

4 hours ago, godescalcus said:

Can anyone help me fix this error when building the bashed patch:

Vigilant.esp: SPGD.DATA: Expected size == 48, but got: 96
Error loading 'SPGD' record and/or subrecord: 022C603C
  eid = u'zzzCHRainStormParticles'
  subrecord = 'DATA'
  subrecord size = 96
  file pos = 1843568
Error in Vigilant.esp

Bethesda fixed saving of SPGD in CK only in October 2017 update, before that it was saving broken bloated data. Looks like this mod has been saved by older CK which screwed SPGD, so the author must fix it using the latest one.

In the case of Vigilant.esp, this error can't be put away simply by re-saving the plugin and will have to be corrected by the mod author (or someone who knows what to correct in the CK). Other mods ported earlier may also contain such "broken bloated data".

That combo is a classic that can't fail. I used it in my last few rounds of Skyrim LE. Still in Solitude there's plenty of room for addons outside the walls, as their changes are strictly within the walls. I used Skyway, Enhanced Landscapes Oaks and Better Docks, now I added Solitude Extension with its patches and it fits snuggly with everything (save the odd oak that will need to be cut for firewood).

In the SE I dropped JK's, since the DoS combo was made with JK's Lite which isn't available for the SE (without porting). So I went with Autum of Whiterun with does, IMO, a better job "cluttering" whiterun and DoS which adds new market stalls, new npcs, etc. Both work together without a single glitch. I even threw trees in cities on top of that and measured fps in the 55's in Whiterun (never in classic!). For Breezehome I'm trying a variation on the same tune as Eli's - think I'll port this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64160. Also added a sweet mod that doesn't conflict with anything: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76800

Outskirts of Whiterun get more woodland from Whiterun Stables Tweaks that blend very well with the Boreal Forest atmosphere.

Forgot about Skyway.i use it too..Initially I wanted something new and I tried Better Cites- Solitude but it conflicted with Better Cities Entrances + I didn't like the cow attending Roggvir's  execution :))

For Whiterun, I was thinking to add the exterior market from ETaC + ICAIO patch.. but went for JKs+ Eli's...The Lair doesn't look bad :D

Folks, a lot of the errors we've been seeing in wrye bash may be related with this (or other fixes Bethesda may have implemented in both the base game and the CK since the launch of SSE):

In the case of Vigilant.esp, this error can't be put away simply by re-saving the plugin and will have to be corrected by the mod author (or someone who knows what to correct in the CK). Other mods ported earlier may also contain such "broken bloated data".

Best inform the mod author so they can fix it.

Since many plugins used in this guide need re-saving in CK, this line can save some time "bBlockMessageBoxes=1". Add it to "[MESSAGES]" in creationkit.ini

OK will do.

hey guys Darth updated the Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution last night so I have update the one on Nexus page it now covers Sofia, Interesting NPCs, Inigo and M'rissi's. Also there are some patch for TMB Vanilla Armours they currently cover USSEP and The Forgotten City more will follow when either me or Darth gets around to them