Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Go right on ahead, graphics aren't going to have any effect on actual game play mods unless they are required (which would be rare to non-existent).

I'm slightly worried that when I get to CR something won't quite work.

You may have to remove some items from the CR through the use of SSE Edit and Wrye Bash if an esp is involved, but it's not hard to do and there is info on that near the bottom of the guide.

I didn't say that it would be easy, just not hard to do.

Edited by Kneph13

Lexy's provided CR includes entries from a number of purely graphical mods, like Enhanced Lights and FX, the Landscape Clutter merge, Realistic Water, Snazzy Furniture, and more. I'd guess a good 2/3 of the guide is primarily graphics changes. You could certainly go off the list just for a sense of mods you want to include, but you'll probably have to do the CR by hand.

Thanks for quick updates to the guide. I'll probably wait until PapyrusUtils updates before updating my EXE and SKSE64, but I added the new texture mods that were added. Love the Riften one, was desperately looking for something that redid the leaves on the ground out there while still looking good, lol. The Riften Leaves HD mod wasn't doing it for me.

When making the Bash Patch, can we remove the .esps of files it disables to make more room, or do they need to be left in the list and remain disabled?

Edited by penguinsane

Well I got the load out completed and everything seems to be running ok after running around going here and there for an hour and a half.  About to create my character and since I have never played LotD before I was wondering if it was better to go straight to Solitude and start it or should I at least get dragons actived and a full strength Fus Ro Dah first?  Will one of you LotD veterans help me out?

Hi Nearly to the end of the guide woop! As a user with a graphics card with 4GB of Vram what are the recommended DynDOLOD settings? Would it be to just not make those ini edits listed below and then follow the other instructions as normal? 
Setting Up DynDOLOD for Ultra Trees
20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:Ultra Trees will significantly increase your VRAM usage if you have a 4GB or less graphics card consider generating traditional LOD.

For the purpose of this guide will be generating Ultra Trees using DynDOLOD.

1. Make sure DynDOLOD Standalone is installed.
  2. Navigate to <DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta 8 Path>\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache
  3. Delete all files except becauseofreasons.txt.
  4. Navigate to <DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta 8 Path>\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\
  5. Open up the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
  6. Change the line TreeLOD= to "0"
  7. Change the line TreeFullFallBack= to "1"

Now We can Begin the process of generating DynDOLOD.

Well I got the load out completed and everything seems to be running ok after running around going here and there for an hour and a half.  About to create my character and since I have never played LotD before I was wondering if it was better to go straight to Solitude and start it or should I at least get dragons actived and a full strength Fus Ro Dah first?  Will one of you LotD veterans help me out?

I would go straight to the Museum if I wanted to roleplay a treasure hunter kind of character. There is so many achievements, quests and items to collect for the Museum that it is better to start early on. Your entire playthrough can be build around that (if you want to!). Doing Vanilla quests and exploring becomes a way of filling up your Museum.

I tested the relic hunter alternative start for a few minutes, it doesn't start in Solitude, but at a dig site. It might be an interesting choice as well.

@whitefox

I would not make the ini change, and I would probably use the Low preset instead of the Medium, but you could certainly try medium first and see how your performance is. Top of the stairs in Whiterun, looking out over the distant landscape, is usually a good place to test your framerate.

Hi Nearly to the end of the guide woop! As a user with a graphics card with 4GB of Vram what are the recommended DynDOLOD settings? Would it be to just not make those ini edits listed below and then follow the other instructions as normal? 

I used the Medium setting and did not use the ini edits and only took a 3-5 fps hit.  I tried it the other way and it was about a 10-12 fps hit.  So yeah!

@Kneph13

If you've played a bunch of Skyrim, just not LOTD, I'd do a "camping in the forest" start to skip the tutorial, run into Helgen and grab the journal from the body, explore the cave (go back all the way, not just to Raloof...there's a collectible in the cave that's easy to never know about if you don't do the vanilla start), do Shroud Hearth as usual, then after you turn in the dragon stone, head to Solitude having done your good deed. The starting jobs offered by the museum keeper will give you something to do during the week of delay from Not So Fast.

In any non-standard start, I try to do the MQ at least through Way of the Voice, to unlock random dragons and the ability to spend souls on shouts.