Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

@Kneph13

If you've played a bunch of Skyrim, just not LOTD, I'd do a "camping in the forest" start to skip the tutorial, run into Helgen and grab the journal from the body, explore the cave (go back all the way, not just to Raloof...there's a collectible in the cave that's easy to never know about if you don't do the vanilla start), do Shroud Hearth as usual, then after you turn in the dragon stone, head to Solitude having done your good deed. The starting jobs offered by the museum keeper will give you something to do during the week of delay from Not So Fast.

In any non-standard start, I try to do the MQ at least through Way of the Voice, to unlock random dragons and the ability to spend souls on shouts.

I'm going to be playing a Necromancer that will later on turn into a Death Knight.  I'm gonna do the Necro start, beat feet to Riverwood, I have a *cough* Aunt who lives near there.  Pick up the rumor, go to Helgen and then main quest to unlock the dragons and then being a lover of antiquities and heard word of a museum head to Solitude.  Thanks B00mer9 and shandrakor.!

I would go straight to the Museum if I wanted to roleplay a treasure hunter kind of character. There is so many achievements, quests and items to collect for the Museum that it is better to start early on. Your entire playthrough can be build around that (if you want to!). Doing Vanilla quests and exploring becomes a way of filling up your Museum.

I tested the relic hunter alternative start for a few minutes, it doesn't start in Solitude, but at a dig site. It might be an interesting choice as well.

Is he using latest skse? Personally, i am not even going to bother updating until all mods i am interested in are converted. I don't see anything critical in this new version of skyrim or skse to rush with upgrade

Edited by sm0kem

::): In the midst of checking for updates for installed mods in the wake of Bethesda's chicanery update , I come to "Interesting NPCs - 3DNPC - Overhaul-9638-3-0ALPHA -(Optional)-".   The popup message displayed by MO2 when I moused over the mod's red date is installed version: "3.0alpha", newest version: "3.0ALPHA" :wallbash: :blahblah1: