Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I like to use broad search parameters when starting research on something, because (I think) you have a better chance of finding something useful.

The first entry listed in the results from my "sheson ultra tree" search was Ultra Trees Tutorial.  This is a STEP Forum Topic started by TECHAngel85 asking Sheson "I'm curious if you've ever completed the video tutorial you've linked for ultra trees:", with several references to 'EVT' (which I finally figured out was [Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE]).  Reading the Forum Topic lead me to "DynDOLOD - Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - Sheson", the DYNDOLOD Docs you'll find in your DynDOLOD installation's DOCs directory.  The "Mods Requiring DynDOLOD" section of "DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html" lists one mod {"HD LODs Textures SE"}, who's mod author speaks highly of the LODs created by T4gtr34um3r for [Majestic Mountains] and [Terrain LOD redone].

HD LODs Textures SE, described as "... a complete re-texture of Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn LODs.", has one hard requirement [Noble Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition Performance Version], and 3 hard recommendations: [Majestic Mountains], [RUSTIC WINDOWS] and "Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture".

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, was 'HD LODs Textures SE' ever considered for inclusion in your Guide?  If you think it would be worth the effort, I'm willing to install it and see what happens.  I want to find out if it will reduce the number (329 in my last DynDOLOD run) of <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01_0003383c_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement> messages, and other warning messages.

Our power is still down so I can't test out HD LODs Textures SE but no we haven't yet considered but a quick look at the Nexus page I say it needs a deeper look so if you can install and give a whirl and let us know.

Our power is still down so I can't test out HD LODs Textures SE but no we haven't yet considered but a quick look at the Nexus page I say it needs a deeper look so if you can install and give a whirl and let us know.

Sorry to hear about the extended power outage.  :cry:

In preparation for installing/testing, I've re-downloaded/installed DynDOLOD Standalone 2.36 beta 7 and DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 beta 1.  While following the "ULTIMATE TREES INSTALLATION - GUIDE" video for installing/configuring DynDOLOD, I noticed that it shows DynDOLOD with an MO2 'Start in' parameter of DynDOLOD's installation directory.  The Guide has nothing about this MO2 configuration parameter.  I'm going to enter my DynDOLOD installation directory into this field.  Nothing was said about TEXGEN, so I'm leaving 'Start in' lank for it.

Edited by Decopauge123

On caves - have you guys seen

Underground? By T4gtr34um3r, author of majestic mountains and Terrain LOD Redone. Unsurprisingly it’s quite nice.

Also Sheson just released a new tool - xLODGen (link is for Mega dL)

Forum Thread - https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13175-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-tes5-sse/

Looks veeerrry interesting. Don’t think it’s quite intended for the average user just yet, but the pics on the forum thread look promising.

Sorry to hear about the extended power outage.  :cry:

In preparation for installing/testing, I've re-downloaded/installed DynDOLOD Standalone 2.36 beta 7 and DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 beta 1.  While following the "ULTIMATE TREES INSTALLATION - GUIDE" video for installing/configuring DynDOLOD, I noticed that it shows DynDOLOD with an MO2 'Start in' parameter of DynDOLOD's installation directory.  The Guide has nothing about this MO2 configuration parameter.  I'm going to enter my DynDOLOD installation directory into this field.  Nothing was said about TEXGEN, so I'm leaving 'Start in' lank for it.

Update on preparations for installing/testing HD LODs Textures SE:  at 14:05 in Ultra Trees Tutorial (the beginning of 'Step #4 - Setting Up Ultra Trees') the instruction on the screen says to delete all files in DynDOLOD/EditScripts/DynDOLOD/Cache directory.  The Guide directions for setting up DynDOLOD say delete all files except 'becauseofreasons.txt' (an empty 1-byte text file).  I'm going to follow the Tutorial directions and delete all files.

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, I hope your power returns soon.  Take care of you and yours!  The Build will be here when you are back online!

Edited by Decopauge123

Having a problem where every time I load up Skyrim in an outside cell, or move to an outside cell after loading, all the textures go fuzzy. They are fine for a few seconds, then they start flickering between fuzzy and clear for a few more seconds, but then they invariably settle on fuzzy and stay there. When I say fuzzy I mean just big hexagons of color everywhere - green hexagons where grass ought to be, grey hexagons where buildings ought to be etc. I tried to take a screenshot by pressing F12, and when that didn't work I pressed Shift+F12, which still didn't take a screenshot but did turn out to solve my fuzziness problem ::): - all the textures suddenly revert to normal and remain that way even if I go inside and come outside again. So I can actually get the game to work by simply pressing Shift+F12 when I first enter an outside cell (at least until I log off - when I log back in the problem has returned). The question I have is why this might be happening in the first place. I have all the mods (including optionals) installed as instructed. Since others don't seem to be experiencing this, I'm assuming I've made a mistake in my installation somewhere along the line, but I don't really want to have to start again from scratch if it can be avoided. So any suggestions as to what might be causing it would be welcome.

Having a problem where every time I load up Skyrim in an outside cell, or move to an outside cell after loading, all the textures go fuzzy. They are fine for a few seconds, then they start flickering between fuzzy and clear for a few more seconds, but then they invariably settle on fuzzy and stay there. When I say fuzzy I mean just big hexagons of color everywhere - green hexagons where grass ought to be, grey hexagons where buildings ought to be etc. I tried to take a screenshot by pressing F12, and when that didn't work I pressed Shift+F12, which still didn't take a screenshot but did turn out to solve my fuzziness problem ::): - all the textures suddenly revert to normal and remain that way even if I go inside and come outside again. So I can actually get the game to work by simply pressing Shift+F12 when I first enter an outside cell (at least until I log off - when I log back in the problem has returned). The question I have is why this might be happening in the first place. I have all the mods (including optionals) installed as instructed. Since others don't seem to be experiencing this, I'm assuming I've made a mistake in my installation somewhere along the line, but I don't really want to have to start again from scratch if it can be avoided. So any suggestions as to what might be causing it would be welcome.

Are you using ENB? If so, might be a bokeh effect running amok...try turning off the Depth of Field in the ENB gui?

For screenshot try pressing PrtScr key.

Edited by Tzefira

hey guys so i was reread Sheson Ultra tree manual and it appears Lexy skipped an important steps:

from Sheson manual:

7. Any preset should already have a mesh rule for 'tree' at the bottom just before the last catch all '\' rule.

Under normal operation this rule is used for trees that do not have traditional tree LOD generated. Since the ini setting TreeLOD=0 is instructing it to not create traditional tree LOD, every tree will match this rule now.

Typically Low/Medium uses Billboard for all levels. In order to use the hybrid trees, change LOD 4 to Static LOD4.

So since we are using the Medium setting without changing 'tree' to Static LOD4 I think it means we are still technically generating billboards?

I freely admit I don't fully understand this whole Ultra tree thing.

Darth_Mathias, after reading 'DynDOLOD-SE/Docs/trees.ultra/DynDOLOD-Trees.html', I agree that "... since we are using the Medium setting without changing 'tree' to Static LOD4" we are using Billboard.  Changing 'tree' to 'Statis LOD4' only means that we'd be using the hybrid trees (which are usually easier on memory and performance) from DynDOLOD's files instead of full tree models.   Setting TreeFallBackFull=1 tells DynDOLOD to use the full model when attempting to generate 3D Static LOD.

Update on preparations for installing/testing HD LODs Textures SE:  at 14:05 in Ultra Trees Tutorial (the beginning of 'Step #4 - Setting Up Ultra Trees') the instruction on the screen says to delete all files in DynDOLOD/EditScripts/DynDOLOD/Cache directory.  The Guide directions for setting up DynDOLOD say delete all files except 'becauseofreasons.txt' (an empty 1-byte text file).  I'm going to follow the Tutorial directions and delete all files.

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, I hope your power returns soon.  Take care of you and yours!  The Build will be here when you are back online!

With 'HD LODs Textures SE' installed, DynDOLOD took 25 min 22 secs to run (has been 24m30s for me).  The DynDOLOD output folder is 1.5GB in size, with 1,720 files and 71 folders.  The view from the Throat of the World is great.  Whiterun, Bleak Falls Barrow, and the other structures I can see look better.  I took screen shots, but STEP won't let me attach anything large than 8K!

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, I hope all is well!  ::): :thumbsup:  Here's hoping your power returns soon so we can  :celebration:  :dance:  :dancingbanana:  :gnome:

Edited by Decopauge123

Are you using ENB? If so, might be a bokeh effect running amok...try turning off the Depth of Field in the ENB gui?

For screenshot try pressing PrtScr key.

Thanks. That worked. Turned off DOF in enbseries.ini and the problem stopped. And yes, smOkem, I think you may be right about Shift+F12 turning off my ENB. Having turned off DOF so that I don't have to Shift+F12 anymore, my graphics are way better - nights way darker and colors more vibrant - so I am guessing I've been playing with ENB turned off all this time.

Darth_Mathias, after reading 'DynDOLOD-SE/Docs/trees.ultra/DynDOLOD-Trees.html', I agree that "... since we are using the Medium setting without changing 'tree' to Static LOD4" we are using Billboard.  Changing 'tree' to 'Statis LOD4' only means that we'd be using the hybrid trees (which are usually easier on memory and performance) from DynDOLOD's files instead of full tree models.   Setting TreeFallBackFull=1 tells DynDOLOD to use the full model when attempting to generate 3D Static LOD.

With 'HD LODs Textures SE' installed, DynDOLOD took 25 min 22 secs to run (has been 24m30s for me).  The DynDOLOD output folder is 1.5GB in size, with 1,720 files and 71 folders.  The view from the Throat of the World is great.  Whiterun, Bleak Falls Barrow, and the other structures I can see look better.  I took screen shots, but STEP won't let me attach anything large than 8K!

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, I hope all is well!  ::): :thumbsup:  Here's hoping your power returns soon so we can  :celebration:  :dance:  :dancingbanana:  :gnome:

:dancingbanana:

Just wanted to call attention to the Bruma Tree Billboard instructions (sorry for huge font, was a cut n paste lol) to make sure it was accounted for in final procedure if it needed to be:  "2. Run TES5LODGen or DynDOLOD.  Only generate static tree LOD with either program and do not generate object and or dynamic LOD (you will get errors...see this post by Sheson for more information)."

Thanks. That worked. Turned off DOF in enbseries.ini and the problem stopped. And yes, smOkem, I think you may be right about Shift+F12 turning off my ENB. Having turned off DOF so that I don't have to Shift+F12 anymore, my graphics are way better - nights way darker and colors more vibrant - so I am guessing I've been playing with ENB turned off all this time.

Shift + Enter should (depending on your ENB...check its nexus page) open your in-game GUI so you can adjust things like that and see the effects in realtime  ::):

Hi, I know this is still in alpha. But I do have a question. 

For the past few years, I only use NMM for my mods. Did not explore into BAE or merge plugins

So when it says 

Special Installation: Do Not install the following folder(s) or file(s):

• CT_AskToShowRoom.bsa (Manually Extract the BSA using the Bethesda Archive Extractor after installing the mod.)

What should I do actually? 

Install the mod at MO2? Should I click manual install and unchecked the box for CT_AskToShowRoom.bsa ? 

Or should I still install the mod as usual, then open up BAE and navigate to the folder the mod is install and then extract that BSA file?
Edited by samlee860407

Hi, I know this is still in alpha. But I do have a question. 

For the past few years, I only use NMM for my mods. Did not explore into BAE or merge plugins

So when it says 

What should I do actually? 

Install the mod at MO2? Should I click manual install and unchecked the box for CT_AskToShowRoom.bsa ? 

Or should I still install the mod as usual, then open up BAE and navigate to the folder the mod is install and then extract that BSA file?

Install the mod.  Run BAE and extract the BSA into the mod folder and then delete the BSA.

I always install the mod fully.  Right click the mod in the left pane and select "open in explorer".

Then open the BSA in BAE Extractor (or whatever it's name is), click "extract", then in the file dialogue that opens, navigate to the folder the BSA is located in (found in: <path to mod organizer>/mods/<mod name>) and click "select folder".

Once extraction is complete, delete the bsa (after closing BAE) and then close the file explorer window.

Click the screwdriver icon with the arrow on it and select "refresh" from the drop down.

Job Done...

Edited by dcads

Install the mod.  Run BAE and extract the BSA into the mod folder and then delete the BSA.

I always install the mod fully.  Right click the mod in the left pane and select "open in explorer".

Then open the BSA in BAE Extractor (or whatever it's name is), click "extract", then in the file dialogue that opens, navigate to the folder the BSA is located in (found in: <path to mod organizer>/mods/<mod name>) and click "select folder".

Once extraction is complete, delete the bsa (after closing BAE) and then close the file explorer window.

Click the screwdriver icon with the arrow on it and select "refresh" from the drop down.

Job Done...

I see. Thanks a lot. That clears up :)

Edited by samlee860407

Right I'm on the verge of putting my fist through the computer screen. This is now the fifth time this has happened: Unless i install everything in one go, any length of time i.e a day or two where i haven't been on the computer, when i open up MO2 all looks normal from when i last left off. Today started installing weather mods come to clean Obsidian Fog with xedit.....None of my installed mods recognized by any of the tools that previously had no problem with. It as though the tools ONLY SEE'S the Skyrim SE folder contents only, and the MO2 profile doesn't exist. How can NOT OPENING your computer for a day or two have such an effect. NEVER EVER had this problem with classic Skyrim. I have ensured that every thing is setup as instructed....obviously something is not right..any ideas people