Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

I dont know if i have to explain each step in detail, the things you say are not different from the tutorial video. But since you basically repeat "x requires y to be installed correctly" basic steps again and again, it seems it is required.

"Doing the same thing rarely has a different result."

I do not accuse you or anything like that, so i dont know why to take such defensive position and act savage. What i basically try to explain here is  i do whatever the "Start to Finish" video explains both in segments "Download and Installation" and "Execution and Explanation" but it doesnt work for me, so im looking for possible niche causes instead of basic requirements. Since you are the creator and author, i think you have faced extraordinary situations like mine.

-- Downloaded the latest Dyndolod, copied its contents to my Skyrim folder.

-- Downloaded the Resource core files and installed it using NMM.

-- Downloaded Indistinguishable Vanilla Billboards and installed it using NMM.

-- I use Enchanced Vanilla Trees and SFO, installed billboards for them from their mod pages.

-- Used TextGenx64 to generate Textures, compressed the resulting folder, added it using NMM and installed it.

-- DÄ°d the same for DynDOLODx64 to generate LODs, compressed the content in the Output folder this time and installed it using NMM.

And of course before you say anything,i have Papyrus Util, SKSE and SkyUI pre-installed correctly. Papyrus is one click installation, i use SKSE.exe to run the game everytime and i have other SkyUI dependent mods working fine, so yes i think they are correctly installed.

To trigger in-game activation, i did couple of the steps for the main quest (which is mostly outdoors)

Please ask me if you need any output or SS, i again attached a couple of SSs like my previous post.

post-13121-0-95972400-1533312585_thumb.png

post-13121-0-44184100-1533312593_thumb.png

I dont know if i have to explain each step in detail, the things you say are not different from the tutorial video. But since you basically repeat "x requires y to be installed correctly" basic steps again and again, it seems it is required.

"Doing the same thing rarely has a different result."

I do not accuse you or anything like that, so i dont know why to take such defensive position and act savage. What i basically try to explain here is  i do whatever the "Start to Finish" video explains both in segments "Download and Installation" and "Execution and Explanation" but it doesnt work for me, so im looking for possible niche causes instead of basic requirements. Since you are the creator and author, i think you have faced extraordinary situations like mine.

-- Downloaded the latest Dyndolod, copied its contents to my Skyrim folder.

-- Downloaded the Resource core files and installed it using NMM.

-- Downloaded Indistinguishable Vanilla Billboards and installed it using NMM.

-- I use Enchanced Vanilla Trees and SFO, installed billboards for them from their mod pages.

-- Used TextGenx64 to generate Textures, compressed the resulting folder, added it using NMM and installed it.

-- DÄ°d the same for DynDOLODx64 to generate LODs, compressed the content in the Output folder this time and installed it using NMM.

And of course before you say anything,i have Papyrus Util, SKSE and SkyUI pre-installed correctly. Papyrus is one click installation, i use SKSE.exe to run the game everytime and i have other SkyUI dependent mods working fine, so yes i think they are correctly installed.

To trigger in-game activation, i did couple of the steps for the main quest (which is mostly outdoors)

Please ask me if you need any output or SS, i again attached a couple of SSs like my previous post.

I am giving you lists of things to check. I repeated the things you have not sufficiently verified as far as I can tell from your explanations or screenshots. The screenshots are not really showing anything useful as none of them show anything from the list directly.

They don't have to anyways. Check that DynDOLOD.esp is in the games data folder, check that DynDOLOD.esp is listed as active in plugins.txt, and that DynDOLOD Resources Core Files completely installed to the data folder, especially, were the scripts like data\Scripts\SHESON_DynDOLOD_*.pex installed.

At the very minimum an active DynDOLOD.esp with dynamic LOD that was generated without errors together with the scripts from DynDOLOD Resources Core Files has an active SkyUI MCM.

You do not need to do any quests. The SkyUI MCM should always register.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for your detailed answer Sheson much appreciated.

Well, i checked the scripts folder and this should be the problem, there are no .pex files related to DynDOLOD. I have re-installed the Resources, (i select all options except the low-res ones), but they are not generated again. Maybe its NMM related no idea, shall i go and install it manually?

Thanks for your detailed answer Sheson much appreciated.

Well, i checked the scripts folder and this should be the problem, there are no .pex files related to DynDOLOD. I have re-installed the Resources, (i select all options except the low-res ones), but they are not generated again. Maybe its NMM related no idea, shall i go and install it manually?

Maybe the download was incomplete. Maybe the mod manager you are using has issues that are fixed by a newer version. Whatever the reasons, all of the DynDOLOD Resources should be installed to the games data folder one way or another.

Once all the Core Files are installed, its best to generate LOD again to make sure it is complete.

Hi Sheson,

Thanks for bearing with me, i got the problem solved. It seems the NMM installer does not install the core files at all. (at least in my case, although the checkbox is checked, by default), so i had to manually copy the "core files" folder under the DynDOLOD Resources .7z file to Skyrim/Data, and now it works. (and generating textures/LODs after)

Thanks for making the Skyrim a better game, and apologies if i offended you.

Edited by Gamanujjoy

Hi Sheson,

Thanks for bearing with me, i got the problem solved. It seems the NMM installer does not install the core files at all. (at least in my case, although the checkbox is checked, by default), so i had to manually copy the "core files" folder under the DynDOLOD Resources .7z file to Skyrim/Data, and now it works. (and generating textures/LODs after)

Thanks for making the Skyrim a better game, and apologies if i offended you.

Good to hear you were able to solve all of the problems. No need to worry about anything. Enjoy the game.

Hey there i have a few small issues im hoping someone can direct me toward fixing. 

certain trees have bigger/out of place LoD ==> https://imgur.com/a/SBqKsrJ

Now its only a few trees of that type like 1 or 2 out of 100 in a grid. clearly a issue on my end i just dont know how to fix.

Now the main issue. a particular bush in whiterun area produces a trees Lod. The weirder thing is if i rerun dyndolod a bush with the bug prior will be fixed, yet a bush that didnt previously have the bug will have it in the new generation. heres a album ==> https://imgur.com/a/Fg76PXT 

u can also see a dead tree in there producing same bug in prior generation but i flew around the entire map and only found this issue on like 19ish bushes in whiterun zone. Everything else is perfect.

modlist i got a million mod merges so heres the best i can do. Its current except i removed Distinct landscapes and Tree Addon. https://imgur.com/a/VUzDlGC

Billboards i have 3 tes5 vanilla ==> sfo 2.5 ==> realistic aspen

How i installed dyndo. Dyndo resources ==> tes5 vanilla billboards ==> sfo 2.5 billboards ==> realistic aspen tree billboards ==> enhanced landscapes ==> dyndo texgen ==> dyndo generated. all overwriting prior.

i have the dyndo text file heres what i get for a buged bush TreeThicket01 [TREE:000A7329] meshes\landscape\plants\thicket01.nif, new tree, 3D LOD not found <thicket01_b353ba63> fallback Billboard

heres text file

anyhelp would be very much appreciated.

also on oldrim and NMM

Edited by b1oodx

I can't seem to find anything about this, I've been having issues with stretches of landscape that are missing LOD trees (and other things besides)

Arthmoor's mods that affect landscape (CRF, Rorikstead, Dawnstar etc) include LOD in their BSA's (object lod .BTO's, tree lod .BTT's). This will conflict with DynDOLOD lod generation - if you're using standard 2d flat LOD trees its not so bad you'll still get tree LOD but with rather basic details i.e. lacking LOD tent models, walls, roads etc  but if you're generating 3d/Hybrid trees its much worse - entire cells will be missing LOD trees - a vast swathe of landscape around Stonehills for example here is devoid of tree LOD.

The quick fix is to temporarily disable/remove the .BSA that comes with the mod when generating DynDOLOD, the better alternative is to extract the BSA delete the LOD meshes (/meshes/terrain, then rebuild the BSA would be my choice) and then run DynDOLOD

Its also worth doing even if you're only generating 2d trees as you'll get the full LOD generated rather than the basic LOD that ships with the mod that you'll get otherwise.

Any bundled LOD files will always be overwritten by custom generated LOD meshes/textures from DynDoLOD or xLODGen because bundled ones are usually in BSAs and generated ones are loose. If you have problems with bundled LODs, then your load order of assets is screwed in your mod manager. You definitely don't need to disable anything during LOD generation if assets order is set up properly.

Edited by zilav

Hey there i have a few small issues im hoping someone can direct me toward fixing. 

certain trees have bigger/out of place LoD ==> https://imgur.com/a/SBqKsrJ

Now its only a few trees of that type like 1 or 2 out of 100 in a grid. clearly a issue on my end i just dont know how to fix.

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees

A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions.

A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log.

If you add or change the load order after tree LOD generation, generate tree LOD again.

Now the main issue. a particular bush in whiterun area produces a trees Lod. The weirder thing is if i rerun dyndolod a bush with the bug prior will be fixed, yet a bush that didnt previously have the bug will have it in the new generation. heres a album ==> https://imgur.com/a/Fg76PXT 

u can also see a dead tree in there producing same bug in prior generation but i flew around the entire map and only found this issue on like 19ish bushes in whiterun zone. Everything else is perfect.

Do not install billboard for trees (plants) that you do not want LOD for. If some trees have LOD and others don't, generate tree LOD again after changing the load order. Generate tree and object LOD together. Make sure all old LOD files are overwritten by the new ones.

The log that was posted is incomplete. Nobody is looking at screenshots of a load order btw. All of that doesn't matter anyways.

If LOD trees do not match the full models, the wrong billboard for that tree is installed.

Edited by sheson