Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD for Skyrim and Enderal 2.98

sheson

Hello

I wanted to use your Dyndolod, but there is error which I do not know how to fix.

I used Dyndolod many times in past and everything was ok. But now when I do Dyndolod.exe it show error that in DynDOLOD.esp is Exception in unit userscript line 326. I am trying to install dyndolod so how can be errror in it??

Error code: Exception in unit userscript line 326: Duplicate FormID [00009389] in file [FD] DynDOLOD.esp

PS: English is not my native language, so I am sorry if i write something incorrectly or if I understate something wrong.

PPS: I tied to upload even full DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt, but it has 1 MB so website refuse it.

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Duplicate FormID [xxx] in file [xx] xxx.esp

A: There is a plugin in the load order that duplicates an existing form id. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help.

Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer version to create the patch.

Edited by sheson

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Duplicate FormID [xxx] in file [xx] xxx.esp

A: There is a plugin in the load order that duplicates an existing form id. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help.

Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer version to create the patch.

Thank it was "Bashed patch" why it did not work. But I don't know why, because I use newest version.

I'm getting this error when running DynDOLOD 32bit:

Exception in unit userscript line 307: Cannot create file "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_JaphetsFollyWorld.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I've tried a few different solutions I've found on here, like resetting the DynDOLOD_TES5.ini by grabbing a fresh one from the download, clearing the Edit Scripts cache and pausing my AV when the program is running to make sure that doesn't interfere.

I'm using Mod Organizer Classic so I can't test the 64bit version, and I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD (2.42).

I had the same error when running TexGen, but just running it again worked. With DynDOLOD it doesn't always stop at the same spot, but it always stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

DynDOLODlogs.7z

Ok, so deactivating the mod that was being processed before the error made it work. I don't know why that mod, a merge of 4 house mods, would throw an exception as it has gone through the DynDOLOD process several times before. At any rate, it worked now without that mod activated for some reason

I'm getting this error when running DynDOLOD 32bit:

Exception in unit userscript line 307: Cannot create file "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_JaphetsFollyWorld.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I've tried a few different solutions I've found on here, like resetting the DynDOLOD_TES5.ini by grabbing a fresh one from the download, clearing the Edit Scripts cache and pausing my AV when the program is running to make sure that doesn't interfere.

I'm using Mod Organizer Classic so I can't test the 64bit version, and I'm using the latest version of DynDOLOD (2.42).

I had the same error when running TexGen, but just running it again worked. With DynDOLOD it doesn't always stop at the same spot, but it always stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The log you upload has two runs and both times the error was 

Cannot create file LODGen_TES5_DLC01FalmerValley.txt". The file can not be accessed because it is used by another process

Cannot create file LODGen_TES5_Blackreach.txt". The file can not be accessed because it is used by another process

When running DynDOLOD only run one instance at a time. Verify that UAC, antivirus or any other third party program is not blocking access to folders/files.

From the manual: From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder [..] into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

Ok, so deactivating the mod that was being processed before the error made it work. I don't know why that mod, a merge of 4 house mods, would throw an exception as it has gone through the DynDOLOD process several times before. At any rate, it worked now without that mod activated for some reason

I assume you mean HomesMerge.esp. It has nothing to do with another program blocking access to a log file. There is no use randomly picking a plugin name from some other parts of the log.

Hey Sheson I'm so sorry to bother you man, I just have a question I haven't been able to figure out from the manual / readme and so on.

I've been experimenting with different texture packs recently (using SRO and laying Noble overtop, then disabling a number of Noble's textures to allow SRO through).  ie I really like the whiterun stone walls from SRO (closer to vanilla) yet I like a lot of the wood + roof textures from noble.

It is my understanding that TexGen is not generating new textures (at least for more complex objects like buildings) that are specifically based on the texture combinations I'm choosing.  Is this accurate?  the TexGen output only seems to overwrite a relatively small number of HD LOD textures, and the HD LOD textures nexus page warns that Noble Skyrim is required. 

As I understand it, a lot of what HD LOD's does is basically outside of the scope of what DynDOLOD can do, and if one wanted to have perfectly matching LOD's for all of the architecture for a custom texture combination, you'd have to load that combination into the CK or something and use some of it's LOD generation tools?  or possibly even an external program?

Hey Sheson I'm so sorry to bother you man, I just have a question I haven't been able to figure out from the manual / readme and so on.

I've been experimenting with different texture packs recently (using SRO and laying Noble overtop, then disabling a number of Noble's textures to allow SRO through).  ie I really like the whiterun stone walls from SRO (closer to vanilla) yet I like a lot of the wood + roof textures from noble.

It is my understanding that TexGen is not generating new textures (at least for more complex objects like buildings) that are specifically based on the texture combinations I'm choosing.  Is this accurate?  the TexGen output only seems to overwrite a relatively small number of HD LOD textures, and the HD LOD textures nexus page warns that Noble Skyrim is required. 

As I understand it, a lot of what HD LOD's does is basically outside of the scope of what DynDOLOD can do, and if one wanted to have perfectly matching LOD's for all of the architecture for a custom texture combination, you'd have to load that combination into the CK or something and use some of it's LOD generation tools?  or possibly even an external program?

CK won't help you. We successfully replaced and surpassed all LOD generations features with xLODGen.

To generate pre-rendered LOD textures you need to create side views of the objects in a similar way like tree billboards are created. Then merge and edit the side views in an image program.

So what's happening is my game CTD's if I exit Dragonsreach more than once in a session. I can usually load up the game after it crashes and it will load the exterior of Whiterun just fine. If I enter Dragonsreach and exit, then repeat, the game eventually will CTD.

I've tested my entire load order activating plugins in chunks to determine that DynDOLOD appears to be the cause. I ran my TexGen output at 128 to decrease VRAM even further. As for the DynDOLOD settings, I'm using the Medium preset which yields a CTD after exiting Dragonsreach for the 2nd time in a session. Interestingly, if I run DynDOLOD at the LOW preset, I don't experience a CTD! If that's what I have to do then that's what I have to do, but I would love to use at least the Medium preset.

I have a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM though and according to the Skyrim Performance Monitor, I was using about 5.2 GB of VRAM at the time of the crash. So it doesn't appear to be a memory issue.

I also RTFM and checked my logs for missing/invalid nif's, and also checked the Papyrus logs according to the manual and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Help would be appreciated! I only know how to use DynDOLOD from the video tutorial on YT but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it!

So what's happening is my game CTD's if I exit Dragonsreach more than once in a session. I can usually load up the game after it crashes and it will load the exterior of Whiterun just fine. If I enter Dragonsreach and exit, then repeat, the game eventually will CTD.

I've tested my entire load order activating plugins in chunks to determine that DynDOLOD appears to be the cause. I ran my TexGen output at 128 to decrease VRAM even further. As for the DynDOLOD settings, I'm using the Medium preset which yields a CTD after exiting Dragonsreach for the 2nd time in a session. Interestingly, if I run DynDOLOD at the LOW preset, I don't experience a CTD! If that's what I have to do then that's what I have to do, but I would love to use at least the Medium preset.

I have a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM though and according to the Skyrim Performance Monitor, I was using about 5.2 GB of VRAM at the time of the crash. So it doesn't appear to be a memory issue.

I also RTFM and checked my logs for missing/invalid nif's, and also checked the Papyrus logs according to the manual and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

Help would be appreciated! I only know how to use DynDOLOD from the video tutorial on YT but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it!

FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. Double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used to verify it doesn't cause CTD. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

Hey everyone,

Just signed today, and its my 1st post, thanks for the support in advance!

I setup DynDOLOD for Skyrim, as described in the start-to-finish Youtube video, generated the textures and LODs succesfully, got the .esp in the load order (also resources,textures and patches), but somehow i do not see the expected "DynDOLOD is initialized" message (or smth close to that i believe) in game, as well as no DynDOLOD pops up in the MCM. What can you suggest me to check?

I have attached my specs, i think it should be quite enough.

Thanks!

Onur

DxDiag.txt

Hey everyone,

Just signed today, and its my 1st post, thanks for the support in advance!

I setup DynDOLOD for Skyrim, as described in the start-to-finish Youtube video, generated the textures and LODs succesfully, got the .esp in the load order (also resources,textures and patches), but somehow i do not see the expected "DynDOLOD is initialized" message (or smth close to that i believe) in game, as well as no DynDOLOD pops up in the MCM. What can you suggest me to check?

I have attached my specs, i think it should be quite enough.

Thanks!

Onur

DynDOLOD will only initialize and have the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM when "Generate DynDOLOD" to generated dynamic LOD was activated at generation time.

Dynamic LOD requires SKSE, PapayrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resource Core Files to be installed correctly. The SkyUI MCM obviously requires SkyUI to installed correctly.

DynDOLOD will initialize only if  in a world space that has dynamic LOD.

DynDOLOD will only initialize and have the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM when "Generate DynDOLOD" to generated dynamic LOD was activated at generation time.

Dynamic LOD requires SKSE, PapayrusUtil, DynDOLOD Resource Core Files to be installed correctly. The SkyUI MCM obviously requires SkyUI to installed correctly.

DynDOLOD will initialize only if  in a world space that has dynamic LOD.

Thanks, for the reply, i had the box checked.

I'll redo the process and let you know.

Hi Sheson,

My issue still persists unfortunately. I have removed the textures and LODs and re-created them (process yields no errors), added them to NMM again, the .esp is in the bottom of the load order, but still no initialization in the game. I have Papyrus and SKSE properly installed, i have other mods depending on them working fine.

Looking forward for your help.

Onur

post-13121-0-34055000-1533289110_thumb.png

post-13121-0-96036200-1533289116_thumb.png

Hi Sheson,

My issue still persists unfortunately. I have removed the textures and LODs and re-created them (process yields no errors), added them to NMM again, the .esp is in the bottom of the load order, but still no initialization in the game. I have Papyrus and SKSE properly installed, i have other mods depending on them working fine.

Looking forward for your help.

Onur

Doing the same thing rarely has a different result.

DynDOLOD.esp and all the other folders and files from the output directory need to be installed to the game folder and the plugin needs to be activated.

Dynamic LOD requires DynDOLOD Resource Core Files to be installed correctly, especially the scripts.

The SkyUI MCM obviously requires SkyUI to be installed correctly.

DynDOLOD will initialize only if in a world space that has dynamic LOD.