LOOT Not Showing Mods Through Mod Organizer

ArchmageJzargo

Question

Hi, I am trying to use LOOT through Mod Organizer, however whenever it launches, it only displays the main vanilla SSE files, not any mod plugin files.

I am using 2 mod plugins just to test currently and LOOT is unable to detect them.

When I startup Mod Organizer, it asks me every time whether or not I want to use portable folder or create a new instance, I  prefer using the MO folder, but it shows this every time. I don't know if this is part of the problem or not.

Now if I manually install the mod and copy the files from the raw downloaded zipped files into the Skyrim Data folder, and then run LOOT independently of MO, it shows the plugins just fine.

I'm using Mod Organizer version 2.0.8.3b and LOOT 0.11.0

I put some screenshots if they are any help.

Please and thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/RSk3k

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There has been a lot of development on MO2 over the last few weeks/months and we've found that installing MO2 into the Steam folder structure is a very bad idea.

General consensus is to install it in it's own folder somewhere away from Steam and any other UAC folders. Also there are some latest builds here in the Discord server that address some specific issues.

Just to say something as well, I do occasionally run into this problem. I thought it was before due to my MO2 portable install being located in my Steam folder structure. I moved it out to the Desktop, and I still encountered the same issue. 

However, what does seem to work is either closing and restarting the program multiple times, or restarting my computer. 

I hope that more people would post issues like this, and this: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12165-mod-organizer-2-no-tools-detect-mods/ so that the devs could verify that this might be an actual Mod Organizer bug.