LOOT Not Showing Mods Through Mod Organizer

ArchmageJzargo

Question

Hi, I am trying to use LOOT through Mod Organizer, however whenever it launches, it only displays the main vanilla SSE files, not any mod plugin files.

I am using 2 mod plugins just to test currently and LOOT is unable to detect them.

When I startup Mod Organizer, it asks me every time whether or not I want to use portable folder or create a new instance, I  prefer using the MO folder, but it shows this every time. I don't know if this is part of the problem or not.

Now if I manually install the mod and copy the files from the raw downloaded zipped files into the Skyrim Data folder, and then run LOOT independently of MO, it shows the plugins just fine.

I'm using Mod Organizer version 2.0.8.3b and LOOT 0.11.0

I put some screenshots if they are any help.

Please and thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/RSk3k

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

LOOT does run and it loads fine, but doesn't show the mod plugins and that file called usvfs-2017-08-26_22-13-08 or those like it, there is nothing in there.

What types of software would conflict with MO/LOOT?

I'll try installing them separately see if that helps.

Well, I re-installed LOOT and MO intro separate directories than the base game directory, added that argument thing and it STILL doesn't work :(

FKNHGKFDGKLDAHJGKLFPDAHGKFJADHGKFLADHGKJLFDHGAFEJKP lol

Edited by ArchmageJzargo

Yeah that is true. I don't think the problem is LOOT, I think it is MO. Because the same thing happened with SSEEdit.

The mod plugins were enabled but they also did not show up in SSEEdit either.

However if I try installing the mods to the SSE installation folder manually, and then use LOOT without MO, it will work just fine.

The only reason I want MO is to check the conflicts with the loose files / BSA's on the left pane, via the Flags filter thing.

By the way I appreciate all the help and support you offer, it means much that you are trying to help :)

I'm not sure if these help but I guess I'll post them anyway

[spoiler=C:\Users\Nightingale\AppData\Local\LOOT\CEFDebugLog.txt][0827/002543.517:ERROR:proxy_service_factory.cc(130)] Cannot use V8 Proxy resolver in single process mode.
[0827/002543.544:WARNING:histograms.cc(40)] Started multiple compositor clients (Browser, Renderer) in one process. Some metrics will be disabled.
[0827/002543.546:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(125)] Failed to create channel.
[0827/002543.546:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(125)] Failed to create channel.

[spoiler=C:\Users\Nightingale\AppData\Local\LOOT\LOOTDebugLog.txt][00:25:43.602753] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[00:25:43.603753] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700

Going back to the first post:

When I startup Mod Organizer, it asks me every time whether or not I want to use portable folder or create a new instance, I  prefer using the MO folder, but it shows this every time. I don't know if this is part of the problem or not.

When MO2 is first installed and portable is not selected it will create a folder in Username\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer where it stores all of its settings. Your current install is most likely looking here at startup.

Try this, shut down MO. Go into AppData\Local\ModOrganizer and rename the ModOrganizer folder to something else, this will simulate a fresh install. Start MO2 and then select the portable mode and select your game and go on from there.

Yeah I've been trying to re-install them again and again everywhere I can, but it still does not solve the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by change the "Mods" path with the actual folder path. It's in the base directory and if instead  of %BASE_DIR%/mods I place the actual folder path, it just changes back to %BASE_DIR%/mods >.>

Sounds like you may be having permissions issues. The INI should be saved when you close the dialogue but if it is being reverted either Windows, or another process, is stopping the file from being correctly saved.

This may also be the cause of the modlist not reflecting the correct list.

Going by the picture the mods path would be C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mod Organizer\mods. It is your base directory plus mods. The mods directory can also be anything you set. C:\MOmods, C:\FO4Mods and so on. You can change the download and mods locations, but don't mess with the rest, I believe those will give you trouble if changed.