Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

On 3rd May 2016, the modification was deleted from all known modding hosting sites without any warning. The social media accounts of the modification at Twitter, Facebook and Google+ have all been removed without warning as well. Although the page continues to exist at Mod DB, there are no downloads available. The mod author has not announced the reasoning behind the removal of the mod and has even taken to requesting that his Nexus user account be closed.

from https://tes-mods.wikia.com/

Edited by paul666root

That is... unexpected. I'm going to imagine he is the victim of hacking at this point. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Will give it a few days to wait on an update and see if more news is made.

unless someone has really really p'd him off and he's thrown in the towel, but yes wait and see what happens.

Just a couple comments on Better Stealing. While I like the concept, I think as it's currently set up it has potential to really break immersion.

Ex. People see you go in a room, you steal all the silverware, food, etc. people see you come out. When they figure out they were robbed blind wouldn't it make sense that you get fingered?

Ex. You enter a merchant home, quickly run upstairs to loot all the chests and cabinets before they can catch up to you, and since they didn't see you take their stuff you get away with robbing them blind...of course they wouldn't suspect anything right?

Also, you can just take any stolen item, put it in a container, and as long as u take it out again with no one looking it removes the stolen flag...hmmm.

I've been excited to play through SRLE/X for the new immersive challenges, just seems like this one, as it's configured, doesn't fit with SRLE. With some tweaking I think it could fit much better. Like...

- Move the 500 value threshold to like 25, and/or make it a total of 500 value per day,

- Always give a small chance to be caught by someone in the same cell, with the chance increasing the more you steal...like they didn't see you take the stuff, but they know it was there before you went in/out.

I'd offer to make these changes but don't know scripting well enough.

Just my 2cents...

Just a couple comments on Better Stealing. While I like the concept, I think as it's currently set up it has potential to really break immersion.

Ex. People see you go in a room, you steal all the silverware, food, etc. people see you come out. When they figure out they were robbed blind wouldn't it make sense that you get fingered?

Ex. You enter a merchant home, quickly run upstairs to loot all the chests and cabinets before they can catch up to you, and since they didn't see you take their stuff you get away with robbing them blind...of course they wouldn't suspect anything right?

Also, you can just take any stolen item, put it in a container, and as long as u take it out again with no one looking it removes the stolen flag...hmmm.

I've been excited to play through SRLE/X for the new immersive challenges, just seems like this one, as it's configured, doesn't fit with SRLE. With some tweaking I think it could fit much better. Like...

- Move the 500 value threshold to like 25, and/or make it a total of 500 value per day,

- Always give a small chance to be caught by someone in the same cell, with the chance increasing the more you steal...like they didn't see you take the stuff, but they know it was there before you went in/out.

I'd offer to make these changes but don't know scripting well enough.

Just my 2cents...

I would suggest posting this on the modders page as well. :)

That being said, nothing is stopping you from imposing said limits on yourself in the mean while.

i ran into a problem with The Dyndolod  world script .

I ran the Textgen one first  and that went fine but when i try to start the world script it is giving me a message that  a never version of xEdit  is required.

further checking  it seems that while Dyndolod is updated to 1.49 the world script is still on 1.48.

did i screw up somewhere on my end or is the wrong file uploaded perhaps ?

i ran into a problem with The Dyndolod world script .

I ran the Textgen one first and that went fine but when i try to start the world script it is giving me a message that a never version of xEdit is required.

further checking it seems that while Dyndolod is updated to 1.49 the world script is still on 1.48.

did i screw up somewhere on my end or is the wrong file uploaded perhaps ?

Are you using the FO4 version of xEdit?