Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

It's not that simple. Proper etiquette should be followed. Sharing it here it's somehow different from sharing it in privacy.

If Someone is willing to do it (Neo I'm looking at you! I even wrote Someone with a capital letter) it's better if a formal request is made. 

With a bit of luck maybe Jonx0r realizes SRLE as a great guide and decides it would be a good host for his masterpiece should he decides to come back any day.

I could have made the request myself but I'm a nobody in the modding scene. A respected author should have higher successful chances.

agreed a somehwo i don't think Neow ould want to undo things now he's update his guide to be without Wyrmstooth.

agreed a somehwo i don't think Neow ould want to undo things now he's update his guide to be without Wyrmstooth.

I wouldn't mind undoing the changes, however I don't exactly have a file server lying around that could serve as a host even if I wanted to. :)

That being said, I have no personal relationship with the author and would feel odd asking him to do so... plus his wish is to not get drawn back into modding so that would kind of defeat the purpose no?

hey Neo did you ever manage to fix the issue you had with vivid weathers and frostfall and not getting wet when it rains? because I still don't get wet when it rains

If you look in the Vivid Weathers bug section, I did resolve the issue but it was by starting a new game (unfortunately). Here is a snipet:

photo-thumb-6240905.png
author
Could you make the test on a new game ?

There is a possibility that the property-binding switch I operated in previous version's fix isn't taken into consideration if those are baked into the savegame. If that's it I'll put an optional file on to force everything as it should be, but I'm probably not going to include it in the main file, the previous "backward compatibility" already added more than enough useless scripting on save load.

posted @ 14:41, 16 Apr 2016 by Kesta reply    
photo-thumb-1267569.png
premium
Starting a new game fixed the issue. I was able to force the above referenced weather and began to get wet. I should note that I am now on 1.36 Vivid Weathers.
posted @ 11:30, 17 Apr 2016 , edited at 11:30, 17 Apr 2016 by Neovalen

Imma bump my post because I have been looking all over for a fix, any ideas, guys?

Applying script...
[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD TexGen by Sheson, starting...
[00:00:00.005]
[00:00:00.009] Creating some temporary files
[00:00:00.013] Error: can not create output folder for <F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TES5Edit\TES5Edit\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\windhelm\whruinstonedark_n.dds
Exception in unit userscript line 236: Invalid characters in path
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Imma bump my post because I have been looking all over for a fix, any ideas, guys?

Applying script...

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD TexGen by Sheson, starting...

[00:00:00.005]

[00:00:00.009] Creating some temporary files

[00:00:00.013] Error: can not create output folder for

Exception in unit userscript line 236: Invalid characters in path

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

TES5Edit\TES5Edit... is it actually listed twice in your file system?

TES5Edit\TES5Edit... is it actually listed twice in your file system?

I just put the output folder into the TES5Edit folder path.

Neo, your instructions had quotation marks and <> symbols. so it would be like:

-o:<F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TES5Edit\TES5Edit Output>

for a raw paste?

EDIT: Neo, I might have ****ed up. For the DynDOLOD install per the guide, it says 2.03 BETA and Resources Optional. Then, special instructions say to install the contents of the main file to its own directory...

Do you mean that 2.03 BETA *is* the main file, and that it should be installed like an .exe would through MO? and then to install the optional through MO like a normal mod? For some reason I find these instructions unclear, I'm an idiot; these instructions aren't me-proof.

If the main file isn't the DynDOLOD 1.49 on the nexus mod page, and its the 2.0 BETA, do I install one into MO and the other one directly into the Skyrim folder (where I put all of the executables)?

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

I just put the output folder into the TES5Edit folder path.

Neo, your instructions had quotation marks and symbols. so it would be like:

-o:

for a raw paste?

EDIT: Neo, I might have ****ed up. For the DynDOLOD install per the guide, it says 2.03 BETA and Resources Optional. Then, special instructions say to install the contents of the main file to its own directory...

Do you mean that 2.03 BETA *is* the main file, and that it should be installed like an .exe would through MO? and then to install the optional through MO like a normal mod? For some reason I find these instructions unclear, I'm an idiot; these instructions aren't me-proof.

If the main file isn't the DynDOLOD 1.49 on the nexus mod page, and its the 2.0 BETA, do I install one into MO and the other one directly into the Skyrim folder (where I put all of the executables)?

What version of Dyndolod are you using? The newest 2.03 versions don't need the xEdit argument thing.

Lets make this clear. The guide text:

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD

Author: Sheson

Version: 2.04 BETA (Main File + Resources Located In Optional Files)

[Expand FOMOD Instructions

Resources

Special Installation: Manually install the contents of the main file to its own directory as any other program.

Alright, here is how you do it in 10 easy steps:

1. In the optional files section, there is DynDOLOD 2.04 BETA. Per the description it says Contains DynDOLOD.exe and TexGen.exe and documention. This file is the "main file" and is installed separately from MO. For me it is: E:\Gaming\Skyrim\Tools\DynDOLOD\.

2. Below that there is DynDOLOD Resources 2.00 BETA. Per the description it says Contains the required 'Core Files' like meshes, textures, papyrus scripts. This one is installed as a standard mod with the FOMOD instructions.

3. Do the DynDOLOD merge per the guide.

4. At the bottom of the guide, it says to setup DynDOLOD.exe and TexGen.exe as executables in MO. Similar to how other executables are set up in the guide.

5. Run TexGen per the instructions.

6. Run DynDOLOD per the instructions.

7. Move output files into mods per the instructions.

8. Activate mods, run LOOT and setup metadata for DynDOLOD.esp.

9. Run Game and ???.

10. Profit.

• +1 1

Hey Neo just to let you know I have found an issue with the new version of DynDoLOD horrible flickering texture on the posts of whiterun stables. it's wasn't fickerlng like that before I updated.

Here is a quick Screenshot: https://www.mediafire...creenShot9.bmp#

removing WhiterunExterior.esp fixes the problem so something for you to look into.

Edit: you might want to leave WhiterunExterior.esp out of your merge because according to Sheson "WhiterunExterior" is now in the IgnoreModFileName= list in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Oh, was WhiterunExterior.esp merged? DynDOLOD is supposed to use merge data from "Merge Plugins", but if that doesn't exist it won't know not to use the data in merged mods.

Perhaps he is referring to the 'merge' folder that gets created in the newly made folder by Merge Plugins? Did you remove this Darth? I usually remove this folder and also had your problem.

But yeah you can indeed just add the DynDOLOD - Addons to the mod exclusion line in the ini.

Edited by Pretendeavor