Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

@Neo what do you think of providing a link in your guide to the pre-rolled optimized textures STEP is hosting in addition to the steps to DDSOpt your own?

Yes if they were complete that would be awesome I did DDSOpt myself s d when I did my main SRLE install the Optimized Vanilla Textures by tony971 had major issues (but i do see it has ben updated since I last looked)

They are not complete. I believe they start off with the vanilla textures, including all DLC and HighResTexturePacks. They include the Unofficial High Resolution Patch changes, then they only keep the textures which other mods in STEP (Core, I assume???) do not overwrite.

Tech just uploaded a new Performance Version, and I think the STEP staff are still trying to get the new standard version uploaded.

Are the pre-rolled textures complete or are there some removed based on STEP mods?

I just assumed they were as I have never yet installed STEP as a complete guide.

They are not complete. I believe they start off with the vanilla textures, including all DLC and HighResTexturePacks. They include the Unofficial High Resolution Patch changes, then they only keep the textures which other mods in STEP (Core, I assume???) do not overwrite.

Tech just uploaded a new Performance Version, and I think the STEP staff are still trying to get the new standard version uploaded.

Well if that's the case that pretty much kiboshed that idea. Oh well, not to worry. It was just because there have been a few very new users lately having trouble with either DDSOpt or the guides in general.

Optimized Vanilla Textures was updated on January 12th to 6.0

Changes

Version 6.0

Fixed all known bugs.

No longer deleted with game cache integrity checks.

No longer overwrites vanilla assets.

Incorporated High Res DLC and UHRP into new High Resolution Version.

Sorry if that has been brought up already.

Optimized Vanilla Textures was updated on January 12th to 6.0

Changes

Version 6.0

Fixed all known bugs.

No longer deleted with game cache integrity checks.

No longer overwrites vanilla assets.

Incorporated High Res DLC and UHRP into new High Resolution Version.

Sorry if that has been brought up already.

I updated the section to make things a little more clear. Hopefully the author will be able to get the base game high definition textures uploaded soon as its obviously missing right now.

I thought I would just go ahead and mention Hearthfire Extended since I've been using it for awhile now and I've never seen a post about it related to SRLE

I found it snooping around the STEP guide

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66783/?

This mod was recently updated on January 13th

I'll take a look, thanks.

this might fit well into SRLE Extended (my own guide) then the main guide.

We'll see.

I was just wondering if there's a reason that the RSChildren - Cutting Room Floor patch shouldn't be added to the RS Children merge?

I believe it had to do with load ordering.... I will check it out and update as needed.

Edit: I believe it can be merged now. I think previously it was undesirable due to the guide doing merges mid-install rather than at the end.

Hey Neo.  Am I looking at this right?  Under Dialog Topic>0002BDDD>000EA261 I don't see a MQ102 condition in Alternate Start anymore, instead it's ARTHLAL RumorsofWarQuest.

You are totally correct. Apparently I really need to sleep. Will fix now, thanks.

Edit: Fixed.