Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

There is some parts of the installation guide that I'm unsure about so far, so I want to ask to be sure:

EatingSleepingDrinking

Author: gekkou1992
Version: N/A (Animations Package Optional)

I only install animation pack right?

Project Parallax Remastered

Author: Osmodius
Version: 1.3 (Project Parallax SRO Optional + SMIM Bridge Update)

I only installed Project Parallax SRO Optional and SMIM Bridge Update, but I wonder if I should have installed Project Parallax Vanilla 1.3 also?

Thanks for any clarification :)

Just the animation Package yes.

No do not install the vanilla version - since the guide is using Skyrim Realistc overhaul the PP SRO is tailored for that.

Edited by Ogham

Is there any reason why ENBSeries v0.279 is used instead of v0.290?

Two options I suppose,

Neo has been busy enjoying some of the latest games releases* and has not gotten around to changing it. (* Witcher 3 and Star Wars Battlefront)

He patientely waits for Mangaclub to update Vividian ENB to go along with the latest ENB release. Not sure though if that is in anyway a factor, but possible I guess.

Edited by Ogham

Hey Neo

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Nazenn's list of dangerous mods ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/523890681422555089/ ) but Stable Ugridstoload was recently added due to an alleged memory corruption issue.  Apparently there was a step forum discussing the issue and there's a lot of talk in the mod's discussion forum about problems people are having with the mod over the long term.  It sounds like it's a problem people knew about a while ago but thought was fixed and now are realizing it never was.  Just thought you might be interested if you haven't already heard of the issue.

What do you think of Battlefront?  I want to get it but people sound pretty pissed in the reviews so I've been staying away from it, hoping that more content is released to appease the fans.

Happy New Year everyone!

The Paarthurnax Ultimatum https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72215/?

Really nice mod and now it has a compatible patch for The Paarthurnax Dilema in the optional section

I'll be sure to check it out. Unfortunately, I don't have a save anywhere near that part of the game right now...

There is some parts of the installation guide that I'm unsure about so far, so I want to ask to be sure:

EatingSleepingDrinking

Author: gekkou1992
Version: N/A (Animations Package Optional)

I only install animation pack right?

Project Parallax Remastered

Author: Osmodius
Version: 1.3 (Project Parallax SRO Optional + SMIM Bridge Update)

I only installed Project Parallax SRO Optional and SMIM Bridge Update, but I wonder if I should have installed Project Parallax Vanilla 1.3 also?

Thanks for any clarification :)

Looks like your questions were answered by another user. :)

Hi Neo. I was wondering if you have tried KS hairdo hdt physics. I know there are hairdos that clip but there are some really nice ones that dont clip (the ponytail options). Is there any reason I should not include it in my game

I have tried it, and liked it. However, I need to review the hdt xmls to make sure nothing bad is going to happen with other hdt stuff.

Is there any reason why ENBSeries v0.279 is used instead of v0.290?

I didn't know 0.290 existed... that'd do it. :)

Hey Neo

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Nazenn's list of dangerous mods ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/523890681422555089/ ) but Stable Ugridstoload was recently added due to an alleged memory corruption issue.  Apparently there was a step forum discussing the issue and there's a lot of talk in the mod's discussion forum about problems people are having with the mod over the long term.  It sounds like it's a problem people knew about a while ago but thought was fixed and now are realizing it never was.  Just thought you might be interested if you haven't already heard of the issue.

What do you think of Battlefront?  I want to get it but people sound pretty pissed in the reviews so I've been staying away from it, hoping that more content is released to appease the fans.

Happy New Year everyone!

I noted STEP removed it and also due to your link I will remove it out of an abundance of caution. I don't normally up the uGrids anymore since DynDOLOD came out.

In my opinion, Battlefront is awesome. Take a look at the thread here on STEP and you will see I'm not the only one of the members here enjoying it. I would suggest you get it, I've seen it as low as $40 on sale recently and well worth that.

Hi Neo with regarding my mining animation bug I was having, I deactived Ore guardian spawns in Skyrim Immersice Creatures MCM and then mined even peice of ore I could find round skyrim and it didn't bug out.

So maybe you should add "Disable Ore guardian spawns" to your MCM menu instructions.

lol I also noticed you added Northfire's Skidmarks 1K-2K to SRLE I was about to addd to my little list but now I don't have to.

also Neo my wife has been helping me out with my "Mods on top of SRLE" and she mentioned that skyrim has never look better.

So since SRLE is the base I am using I  throught i would let you know.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Question about ESP in Gemling Queen Jewelry:

Gemling Queen Jewelry

Author: Saerileth
Version: 4.1c
 [Expand]  FOMOD Instructions
Main FileOverrides: Barenziah's Glory, Static Mesh Improvement Mod, Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Mod Notes: This mod aims to replace all jewelry gemstones with actual transparency and depth, as opposed to flat, vertex coloured plastic.

There is an ESP in the mod that the author have said is not needed any more if Im not mistaken, but since there is no talk about this I guess I'm wrong.

Update 27 January 2015: The weight slider fix for the Amulets of Night Power is included in the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch as of version 2.0.8 and is thus obsolete. I will remove the plugin from future updates of Gemling Queen Jewelry.

By the way, if you update to the latest Unofficial Dawnguard Patch then my GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp is obsolete and you can remove it. wink.gif

After what I understand Unofficial Dawnguard Patch is included in Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.

The guide say nothing about removing this esp so I wonder what I missed since there is no mention of this?

Edited by xxx78

Hi Neo with regarding my mining animation bug I was having, I deactived Ore guardian spawns in Skyrim Immersice Creatures MCM and then mined even peice of ore I could find round skyrim and it didn't bug out.

So maybe you should add "Disable Ore guardian spawns" to your MCM menu instructions.

lol I also noticed you added Northfire's Skidmarks 1K-2K to SRLE I was about to addd to my little list but now I don't have to.

also Neo my wife has been helping me out with my "Mods on top of SRLE" and she mentioned that skyrim has never look better.

So since SRLE is the base I am using I  throught i would let you know.

Thats interesting, I will do more mining testing today. I have never seen this bug even with ore guardian spawns...

Been watching the thread, hopefully not too much clashing between the pair in the end and also hope you don't mind stealing a few mod ideas occasionally. :)

Hello Neovalen I just wanted to say that SRLE is awesome and you must of spent hours working on this skyrim has never looked better.

Hey there DarkladyLexy, thanks for that. Glad to meet you. You have no idea how many hours... :)

Been watching the thread, hopefully not too much clashing between the pair in the end and also hope you don't mind stealing a few mod ideas occasionally. :)

Darth has tried not to include mods that overly clash with SRLE If there are any mod on our little list you wish to inclued in SRLE let either me or Darth know and we will remove them.

the only mod I can currently see that does conflict a bit with SRLE is Imperious Races which does conflcit with your SR Conflict Resoultion but your changes have been carried forward into our own CR.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Hey Neo

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi Neovalen. Was looking at the above list and found Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26230/?

From the article:

Sharlikran, also one of the developers on Tes5Edit, has compiled quite a collection of mods that due to age or poor modding practices are no longer stable for use, and updated them to remove their major errors and problems. This also includes mods made before the creation kit, or mods that have been abandoned by the author with errors still included in them. This also includes a long list of mods where the author has retired from modding leaving behind a popular yet broken mod. For the most part LOOT will notify you if you have a mod that requires one of these patches, however it's always good practice for older mods to check manually as well. You MUST use the patch provided by Sharlikran if you have a mod that requires it, using corrupted plugins is very dangerous for your game. 

He has Jaysus Swords listed. Should SRLE be changed accordingly?

Edited by triptonite

Hi Neovalen. Was looking at the above list and found Sharlikrans Compatibility Patches  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26230/?

From the article:

Sharlikran, also one of the developers on Tes5Edit, has compiled quite a collection of mods that due to age or poor modding practices are no longer stable for use, and updated them to remove their major errors and problems. This also includes mods made before the creation kit, or mods that have been abandoned by the author with errors still included in them. This also includes a long list of mods where the author has retired from modding leaving behind a popular yet broken mod. For the most part LOOT will notify you if you have a mod that requires one of these patches, however it's always good practice for older mods to check manually as well. You MUST use the patch provided by Sharlikran if you have a mod that requires it, using corrupted plugins is very dangerous for your game. 

He has Jaysus Swords listed. Should SRLE be changed accordingly?

No, we don't use the plugins from Jaysus Swords, thus no issue. CCOR is handling that for us. Been aware not to use Jaysus plugins for a long time.

Thats interesting, I will do more mining testing today. I have never seen this bug even with ore guardian spawns...

if the help you to narrow down the glitche iwas having always seem to occur out in the world and not in mines but it was very random could play for an hour ming away happly and no glitch or it happen the first time I mine. i do seem to have it sorted for the moment though

The bug might be prevented by using Enhanced Camera, which may be why you haven't experienced it. It happens during the transition between 1st and 3rd person view. Darth_mathias mentioned that he's not using Enhanced Camera and I have reverted most of its settings to force 3rd person view, like in vanilla. This means we'll have the pov switch every time we start to mine. I'm thinking it might even be script lag that's the cause of the bug because it's very random. It never happens when ore guardian appears but it probably happens when they should appear but something goes wrong, since Darth_mathias fixed it by disabling the ore guardians.