wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

First of all, I'm very glad to have found your STEP guide and would like to thank you for the time you've put and are putting in it. It looks absolutely stunning.

Now, I do have a question because I seem to have gotten stuck at the MO2 part. 

In the Merge Plugins > Papyrus flags path Merge Plugins asks me for an .flg file, but I don't have any. Did I do something wrong?

First of all, I'm very glad to have found your STEP guide and would like to thank you for the time you've put and are putting in it. It looks absolutely stunning.

Now, I do have a question because I seem to have gotten stuck at the MO2 part. 

In the Merge Plugins > Papyrus flags path Merge Plugins asks me for an .flg file, but I don't have any. Did I do something wrong?

Nope, but there's places you can find that file on the Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39140/? for example. Yes I know that's a Skyrim mod, but all you need is the .flg file that's in there. Extract that and drop it where you need it.

As of yesterday I started using STEP for Fallout 4 and I'm a little confused on the instructions for merging Valdacil's Item Sorting with DEF_UI.  I followed the instructions, going into Fo4Edit and all that, but I'm concerned about it conflicting with the game.  I'm mostly using Nexus Mod Manager for installation and LOOT for sorting, but on occasion I'll bring up WyreBash to double check everything is where it should be in terms of placement.

post-10762-0-35955600-1483533280_thumb.jpg

As seen in the picture, the .esp I made is yellow and shows the .esm list needs to be rearranged.  I'm curious if it's fine the way it is or if I need to go back and redo the process again.

Moved this post to the correct sub-forum.

@GrantSP

Was this post really moved to the right sub forum? Because to my knowledge, and what I can see, I can't see merging instructions for Valdacil's Item Sorting with DEF_UI in the Gernash mod list. 

Also that placement in the right side is what the mod prefers, but its not a problem, and its safe to go with the loot load order instead. Shouldn't cause any issues for you. If its bothering you, I think you can open the esp in the xEdit program and sort the masters. Never done it though so you might wanna look that up if you are curious. 

To be fair I haven't been that successful in finding a guide to modding FO4 and Kesta's is the one of the first I found with depth to it.  Either way I decided upon moving ahead and if Valdacil's mod is causing any problems I'll just remove it, not a big deal.  Also thanks for the clear up, Marayoor.

Hi Gernash.

Great work on the guide, definately the most comprehensive mod guide to fo4 I have seen.

Just a quick question: It says not to use Beantown 8.6, but to use 8.4.9 instead. The problem being, on the mod page for Beantown Interiors project, it has only versions 7, 8.3.1, and 8.9.1.

No 8.6 or 8.4.9 is available.

Will 8.3.1 work with the ModWiki patch, or should I wait for update?

Thanks for all your time and hard work.

~EDIT~

Alternatively, if someone has a link for 8.4.9, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by shadow1

I would caution you that it is the STEP policy to not share files without the authors permission on these forums.

Fair enough. I consider myself warned.

For now, I might try asking the mod author to put up the 8.4.9 file on the nexus. Unless someone has any other ideas on getting this to run?

At the stage of installing ModWiki patch. Gets up to the Worldspace section, but won't detect the mods, more than likely because of the wrong version of Beantown.

Thanks guys.

~EDIT~

I have messaged the mod author about putting up 8.49 of BTI. Will keep you all posted the response.

Edited by shadow1

Hi guys.

Just got message from the mod author, not looking good, I'm afraid

Well I was going to upload it for you today while updating other versions BUT my backups go from v8.4.7 to v8.5.1 I seem to have misplaced v8.4.9.

Sorry.

So, if anyone does have v8.4.9, it might be an idea to send it to the mod author.

Cheers all.

OK, CORE Patch update for release. Looks like Raider WIP Overhaul Will be bring out a Different ESP from the looks so that will break patches again. 

What I'll Do is release

CORE 2.04

CORE+PA 2.04

Then then Raider Overhaul 12.5 comes out I'll check to see how much it breaks as Modern Weapons and Realism both rely on overwrite and integration patches to function as intended.

Things being added

Weaponsmith Extended - VIS Icons Patch 

I was in the process of making a Keyword patch for INNR but this is a nice complete one. This will be Hopefully what all the weapon naming and tags will be based off of. Waiting on author as I have to hack it up a bit for intergration to CORE so it's all seamless through the versions.

Edited by Gernash
  • +1 1