Improved Fish - New Fish - More Spawning by Blitz54

MadWizard25

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I added the dead fish models for my update. Now they don't dissapear when fus ro dah'd! Also got the slaughterfish summon spell added + somewhat working. Read in the description what its like. :) Typing fast lunch time over XD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I have not had time to do so yet, but I will be adding some new textures for slaughterfish, along with a few new fish. I want to make my fish mod the one and only mod necessary to improve the waters, so people won't have to find a seperate slaughterfish mod. I may increase their size a bit, or make a few bigger species at least. I'm trying to get a simple constant animation on the fish I added, I don't need them to turn left or right, but just to constantly move their tail. I need to find a way to add a bone onto them, and import over the salmon mesh. Still having lots of difficulties with it, but I hope I can find a way.

So next update will be including:

-New textures for slaughterfish

-A better texture + normal map for Charcaol Hikel

-Slaughterfish stats for each new slaughterfish will be changed.

-More big fish.

Might be a while before this update, may take me a week and a half at least, I have football, and looots of homework.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys so just another quick note on here.

Anything after 1.98 includes items /buildings that may conflict with other mods. I will make a new version of 1.98 for just fish when I have the time. 1.98 was made with Skyrim v1.5, so I'm not sure if it can work properly 1.7. Never really checked.

• 4 months later...

Hello again, have not been on here for a while. I'd like to add that I have made an improved fish "Basic" version for the best compatibility. The Enhanced version has many unnecessary things for immersion, so I made this basic version for people just you folk that want just smaller pretty things.

No cabin, quests, filleting, or NPC's are in this one. Just pond fish and big fish. Ingredients and digestible food. I noticed that my mod was not included in the latest S.T.E.P because, well, it had lots of compatibility issues. Completely understandable, I would do the same, but I just want you to know of the basic version in case you forgot about me. :)

PS Starting a small wiki or my mod. https://blitz54.wikia.com/wiki/Blitz54_Wiki :)

• 2 years later...

I am taking a look at this mod and how it conflicts with Pondfish and Salmon Replacer in the current STEP 2.2.9.

With the version 3.4 of Improved fish (as of September 2014) there are only three files that conflict with Pondfish and Salmon Replacer.

/textures/critters/fish/pondfish01_n.dds as well as "pondfish01.dds" in the same folder, and

/meshes/critters/fish/pond fish/pondfish01.nif

Other than that, Improved Fish includes 184 Non-Conflicted files.

For those who have compared the conflicting files mentioned above, which do you prefer better?  If the recommendation is to stick with Pondfish's mesh and texture files rather than using Improved Fish's mesh and textures, then it would be a simple matter of having Improved Fish 'before' Pondfish in the install order.  Pondfish will then replace those files from Improved Fish.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I like what Improved Fish adds so I'll still be using it, but curious which one provides the better mesh/textures for the conflicting files.

• 2 months later...