Improved Fish - New Fish - More Spawning by Blitz54

MadWizard25

I do kind of agree with Bealdwine for quality not quantity, but as for the animations, I have found that I can not make them in blender. :/ I have to get the trial for 3DSMax to make anims, but my net is terrible and it will take terribly long to get it downloaded. I'm going to try to download it at school haha and put it on my USB. And by Bloat, what exactly do you mean? I am going to redo the maggy's sometime, to make them better quality now seeing as they were my first ones. But after adding 32 fish the file is still only a bit over 1MB, and the chance of seeing all the fish early in the game is unlikely. I don't find that to be "bloated" in the way I am thinking. :)

I will be adding a new fish to the salmon section, just need to get the texturing done properly for the fins and tail, then I can add it to the salmon spawn. This way there will be more than just two types of salmon. Quite said that there is only two actually...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do kind of agree with Bealdwine for quality not quantity' date=' but as for the animations, I have found that I can not make them in blender. :/ I have to get the trial for 3DSMax to make anims, but my net is terrible and it will take terribly long to get it downloaded. I'm going to try to download it at school haha and put it on my USB. And by Bloat, what exactly do you mean? I am going to redo the maggy's sometime, to make them better quality now seeing as they were my first ones. But after adding 32 fish the file is still only a bit over 1MB, and the chance of seeing all the fish early in the game is unlikely. I don't find that to be "bloated" in the way I am thinking. :)I will be adding a new fish to the salmon section, just need to get the texturing done properly for the fins and tail, then I can add it to the salmon spawn. This way there will be more than just two types of salmon. Quite said that there is only two actually...[/quote']

Good luck with the animation Blitz. I think my choice of words was bad with reference to 'bloat', my apologies, especially as it is a term used for other things too like 'save-game bloat'. I simply think less is more sometimes and wouldn't want to see the ponds get overstocked ;) Have you thought about looking at something similar to SKYTest? I don't know if the fish have any kind of AI but once you start with anims is it possible tho have a predator/prey scenario? Slaughterfish attack/eat others? Just an idea.

@Bealdwine I wasn't offended by the word bloat, so no need to apologize. I just wanted a defintion of how you are using the word. Also, by adding more fish to the game, it doesn't make the waters crowded, that is only if I add more spawns. It's just making the chance of finding 2 of the same fish in one spawn less common. Giving the player a need to go fishing in more than one spot.

And for the predator/prey thing, I can do something similar. I can have slaughterfish hostile to stingrays, and stingrays enemies with slaughterfish. Then they will attack eachother. When I add a turtle, it won't have any enemies, but the predators of the sea will attack it for easy lunch. :) When Orcas are added, they will attack almost every fish in the waters, but it won't attack the player unless agrovated. Though I don't know how to make a slaughterfish actually EAT a stingray. May be able to make the stingray food dissapear when defeated by a slaughterfish or something, dunno yet.

Nice idea Blitz :) with the addition of animation this can create a nice 'ecology' for the waters. Now that's what I meant by quality over quantity (I was thinking of you adding spawn points too as well as fish species ;) ) Keep up on the good work.

This is an interesting mod. I was disappointed when my argonian went for a swim in my vanilla game. This seems like a great first step to making rivers, lakes, and the like to be worth exploring!

Blitz54: thanks for making it.

I start drooling a little when thinking about the possibility of a this mod providing a decent river, lake, and ocean ecology. Orcas eating turtles, slaughterfish vs. stingrays. Sounds utterly epic! Already loving the extra fish, now all we need is a fishing mod :D

Hopefully this link works, I'm at school again so I can't actually go on skyrim nexus, it's blocked. Same with torminater's link, I can't view it.

I am actually talking with the creator of this fishing mod, Arodicus. It looks fantastic! We plan on making them completely compatable sometime soon. It will probably be an extra plugin file to add my fish to his FormID's and blah blah blah. It still works a bit he says, but the fish do not appear in the net or something.. not sure, I'll ask him again. :P

Also, I will be updating my mod soon, I have added another fish to the salmon section after struggling with it for so long. It's a bit blocky in the light, but seeing as it will be underwater the light does not affect it too much. I also added a stinger for the stingrays lootable's. And the new fish I added uses salmon meat mesh, but has dif ratings. I didn't find a point in making a new mesh just to recolour the salmon meat for the new fish, not worth it.

NOTE: Also, Tytanis's next update will hopefully be a fishing one, utilizing my fish mod. I'm not sure if he is making animations for it or not, probably is, but that's something to look forward too. And sorry for rambling on, but the with the stinger lootable, I may make a new arrow sometime that uses the stinger. Maybe even have it enchanted somehow with electric. I also love this community. :)

Fishing Mod by Arodicus

Hey again, so I will hopefully be updating my mod by the end of the week. :) Gonna be adding a whole bunch load of new fish to the salmon section. They are from a resource mod on oblivion nexus, sorry but I don't have the link currently, at school comps again. :P They look VERY nice, make my Charcoal Hikel look like crap :/ oh well. But the fish currently have no animations. I will continue to try and give them the animations that they came with, but I can't seem to get them woking in Skyrim.

Hopefull by Saturday there will be around 20 new big fish. :) I may update my mod with a few added today, just for a sneak peview I guess. :3

Updated it :) So just making sure, what kind of things do you guys notice there is problems with? Or anything you guys appreciate much? :)

So far I know of these errors:

-Oriental Weather should be Oriental Weatherfish

-Three spined spickleback should be much smaller, I may have adult version in with salmon and have a pond fish version also. Seeing as they don't grow very big.

Hey guys, updated it with my fixed Charcoal Hikel, seeing as it looked terrible. Just used the same mesh as the Amago and gave it a new texture. Looks great! Added the ability to cook some of the fish. Still need to do more..