SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Dear paul666root, dear jdsmith 2816,

After the installation of the Skyrim Special Edition and investing about 30 hours into it I got the feeling that the original Skyrim is too easy. Merely changing the difficulty to a higher grade hardly seemed plausible due to the meat-bagging it ends up to be eventually. My search for a more immersive experience lead me to your guide.

First of all thank you very much for this marvelous and extensive guide! I feel really embarrassed by the following issue I am encountering on my way to YASHing up my Skyrim.

In the pre-merging step I downloaded the load order you provided and what I end up with is the following: https://pastebin.com/59PFRMjA

It's a far stretch---but could you point me into the right directions with regards to what I did wrong? I tried to follow your guide but as the installation is a multi day project for me, I am sure I missed something.

Just out of curiosity---is there some kind of bash or Python script that could ease the process of installing Skyrim all YASH'd up? Maybe I could help with that...

With best regards,

ZeeD26

The Load Order step is supposed to be done after you've done all the merges. Once you have done all the merges the merged esp files can be moved to optional files. That will lessen your ESP count by quite some amount.

As for scripting to make things easier, there is the 'stepperupper' thing that airbreather is working on to make the setup parts easier. Ultimately a full script that will do just about everything for you is likely to be an issue due to permissions etc.

The Load Order step is supposed to be done after you've done all the merges. Once you have done all the merges the merged esp files can be moved to optional files. That will lessen your ESP count by quite some amount.

As for scripting to make things easier, there is the 'stepperupper' thing that airbreather is working on to make the setup parts easier. Ultimately a full script that will do just about everything for you is likely to be an issue due to permissions etc.

Thank you very much for this quick answer! I suppose I was confused by the "Sort Your Load Order" section directly before the "Merge Plugins - Skyrim YASHed Profile" section.

I will try it "again" during the week.

I'm having problem while running Reqtificator. Here is my Debug Overview: https://pastebin.com/yEYXBXWf

I had this working yesterday, but the game had some visual bugs and crashed after about a 10 minute stress test.

I went back through the load sort order (left side) and redid sync'd the mod order (right side via loadorder.txt).

I went through and rebuilt each Mod Combine, loading only the modules needed for each combine.

However, now when running reqtificator, I get the:

[246]                                [EXCEPTION]  java.lang.NullPointerException: 
        at lev.Ln.arrayToInt(Ln.java:496)
        at skyproc.SubData.toInt(SubData.java:81)
        at skyproc.ARMO.getArmorRatingFloat(ARMO.java:364)
        at Reqtificator.components.Armors.reqtify_armor(Armors.java:75)
        at Reqtificator.Reqtificator.runChangesToPatch(Reqtificator.java:368)
        at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:925)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Obvisously I've messed something up while trying to fix my issues, but I don't know where to start. Any ideas other than general "check your armor" stuff?

Thanks in advance.

So, since Drigger seems to take his time with SMC, and I'm abit impatient and just want to see so the game works like I want it to - Is there anyone that have the old (4.3.1?) version of the Ruffled Feather?

Just change the new version name to the old version based on SMC that will trick SMC to use that version.

Thank you very much for this quick answer! I suppose I was confused by the "Sort Your Load Order" section directly before the "Merge Plugins - Skyrim YASHed Profile" section.

Ah yes, now I see what you mean. Typically it makes more sense to Merge things down so you're under the 255 plug in limit and then sort the load order.  

And taking a closer look at the load order file shows that it contains the merged esp files in it. So it's expecting the merges to have been done.

Paul you might want to take a look at swapping those two steps around. (ie set load order after the merge instructions)

However, now when running reqtificator, I get the:

[246]                                [EXCEPTION]  java.lang.NullPointerException: 
        at lev.Ln.arrayToInt(Ln.java:496)
        at skyproc.SubData.toInt(SubData.java:81)
        at skyproc.ARMO.getArmorRatingFloat(ARMO.java:364)
        at Reqtificator.components.Armors.reqtify_armor(Armors.java:75)
        at Reqtificator.Reqtificator.runChangesToPatch(Reqtificator.java:368)
        at skyproc.gui.SUMGUI$ProcessingThread.run(SUMGUI.java:925)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've tracked this down to the Requiem Patches Merged step. It seems I missed this output when I built the patch the first time:

Copying records from requiem__konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp
    Exception copying KA_dlcArmorDragonPriestMaskLorkanHelmet "Heart Stone Mask" [ARMO:1B113F9C]: [06000820] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_dlcArmorDragonPriestMaskStalhrimHelmet "Stalhrim Mask" [ARMO:1B119D51]: [0600081D] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  Copying records from requiem__konahrik_accoutrements.esp
    Exception copying KA_dunRevakheimMaskClay "Clay Mask" [ARMO:1A063315]: [04AF02E5] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskBronzeHelmet "Bronze Mask" [ARMO:1A06FDFF]: [04AF02E4] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskCorondumHelmet "Copper Mask" [ARMO:1A07036A]: [04000806] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskIronHelmet "Iron Mask" [ARMO:1A07036C]: [04000808] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskSilverHelmet "Silver Mask" [ARMO:1A07036D]: [04000803] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskMoonstoneHelmet "Moonstone Mask" [ARMO:1A07036E]: [04000805] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskSteelHelmet "Steel Mask" [ARMO:1A070370]: [04000807] < Error: Could not be resolved >
    Exception copying KA_ArmorDragonPriestMaskGlassHelmet "Glass Mask" [ARMO:1A0780C1]: [04000804] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  Copying records from requiem__kfr__fixes.esp

These entries are coming from the Requiem Patches Install. I have tried resinstalling this patch from scratch, as well nas Konahrik Acccoutrements as well.

If I run without a merged patch, Reqtificator runs fine. If I build the patch it genereates these errors, but still compiles the module. If I use the Merged module, Retificator errors out again.

I'll post updates here, but if anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate any tips. The thing that has me really stumped is why retificator works when the mods are not combined. The same bad records are in that mod pre-merge. I verified in Tes5Edit.

There is also the possibility that this is a red herring and that the problem exists with something else.
Edited by EleventhTower

Hey guys,

So I'm looking for the following mods for SMC (I can't find them anywhere):

1) Natural Maple by Renthal311

2) Renthal311's Old Texture Pack

3) Shovels by Nanoman2000

I was able to make a functional SMC build earlier without them, but I've noticed some really ugly textures being left in. It'd be great if someone can PM me with those mods!

Ok guys, I've got another problem and not sure where to start looking. I've left the Requiem Patches unmerged (see prior posts) so I can stress test the game and look for other weirdness.

The game seems pretty stable just flying around with tfc/tgm/speedmult 1000. However, none of the mobs can move. They all have the animation, but they never go anywhere. This affects all creatures - animals, friendly npcs, hostile npcs, base skyrim chars, added characters etc.

I have no idea on even where to begin looking at this. Can anyone give me some troubleshooting steps so that I can start to work through this?

Thanks.

Ok guys, I've got another problem and not sure where to start looking. I've left the Requiem Patches unmerged (see prior posts) so I can stress test the game and look for other weirdness.

The game seems pretty stable just flying around with tfc/tgm/speedmult 1000. However, none of the mobs can move. They all have the animation, but they never go anywhere. This affects all creatures - animals, friendly npcs, hostile npcs, base skyrim chars, added characters etc.

I have no idea on even where to begin looking at this. Can anyone give me some troubleshooting steps so that I can start to work through this?

Thanks.

If you're in TCL... things don't move.  Also check your FNIS and XPMS installations.. make sure XPMS is not throwing errors in it's mcm menu and that FNIS was actually run... with the extra animations checked

Thanks.

That's normal in tcl mode.

As for your other problem, check your ICH installation. Did you use Neo's replacer esp and did you rename the merge imp_helm_legend ?

Sorting your load order before merging is necessary to be able to load properly all plugins and their masters. Your sorting is ok. All after dual sheath redux.esp will get merged. Sorting LO after merging is needed aswell.

After rebuilding the Bashed Patch in the YASH guide, do we re-enable the various plugins that Wrye Bash disabled post-patching?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the guide.

No you dont reenable. All those plugins were merged into the bashed patch. Leave them disabled.

Ah yes, now I see what you mean. Typically it makes more sense to Merge things down so you're under the 255 plug in limit and then sort the load order.

And taking a closer look at the load order file shows that it contains the merged esp files in it. So it's expecting the merges to have been done.

Paul you might want to take a look at swapping those two steps around. (ie set load order after the merge instructions)

You need to sort LO before merging so that MP can load all plugins and masters properly or else you'll get missing patches due to bad ordering of masters and MP will not load them. Everything after dsr esp will get merged. Does not matter if you got more than 255 since in MP you only load plugins to be merged.

Okay, after tearing my hair out from trying to figure out why the guide's ECTV merge .esp introduces the grey-face bug, I finally figured it out.

It is straight up "missing" some textures (facetints) and even mesh files.

In the merged package I did myself, there is a whole extra folder in "++++ ECTV Merged\textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint" called "ECTV Merged.esp". In this are a pile of .dds files.

The same thing happens with meshes under "++++ ECTV Merged\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\", where again it is missing a folder called "ECTV Merged.esp".

I know this folder is the culprit, because upon copy-pasting this ECTV Merged.esp folder into the ETAC install folder, lo' and behold, the problem goes away.

I think the best solution for the guide is to simply direct users to perform their own merge in full, and then simply replace the ECTV Merged.esp file alone with one you provide (so you can get around the NAVI rebuilding monstrosity). Unless you can somehow get the permissions from the mod authors.

Edited by johnnywatts