SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Woah, I completely forgot to do that! Thanks for the advice. :)

One post recommended to check if there are any mods overwriting the facegendata for the NPCs in question. The problem, though, is that there is no facegendata lol; Data/textures/actors/characters/facegendata/facetint/ECTV merged doesn't exist. ++++ ECTV Merged only includes a "seq" folder and the "ECTV Merged.esp" file.

I think the point is that the facegendata from the folders needs to match up with the final esp.  I haven't run Requiem with the current ECTV only Paul has... I started my playthrough on the old Holds based ECTV and can't just swap it mid game.

If the final esp is ECTV Merged.esp and the mods being merged have facegendata in, for instance, an ETaC - Falskaar.esp folder try renaming the folder to ECTV Merged.esp

If this fixes the problem then the way we're hosting this isn't going to work.  Paul is currently hosting ECTV Merged to save everyone the trouble of regenerating NAVI on that merge.... it's a beast..  He may have to include the facegen files as well though.

If anyone is getting the grey-faced bug with ECTV, Paul sent me his notes some time ago for the merge, and I did all the legwork myself regenerating the NAVI and ****. And yeah, I think the way the merge is hosted right now doesn't really work. I get the grey-faced bug every single time (and I've redone the build a few times now).

It's a fairly substantial file, so if you want it, PM me.

Be warned though, using my file I've seen a few very small weird things like a floating lantern in the middle of Riverwood.

Edited by johnnywatts
  • +1 1

I think the point is that the facegendata from the folders needs to match up with the final esp.  I haven't run Requiem with the current ECTV only Paul has... I started my playthrough on the old Holds based ECTV and can't just swap it mid game.

If the final esp is ECTV Merged.esp and the mods being merged have facegendata in, for instance, an ETaC - Falskaar.esp folder try renaming the folder to ECTV Merged.esp

If this fixes the problem then the way we're hosting this isn't going to work.  Paul is currently hosting ECTV Merged to save everyone the trouble of regenerating NAVI on that merge.... it's a beast..  He may have to include the facegen files as well though.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I had a look at the folders in facegendata/facetint.

https://puu.sh/snPi6/afd93fa528.png

https://puu.sh/snPjn/52eb9cb846.png

Blue skyrim and ETAC - complete, dawnstar, falkreath, etc, etc, etc's filenames didn't correspond to any records in TES5Edit that related to ECTV - merged.esp (or anything else for that matter). So, does this mean that the facegendata provided by the ECTV mods is essentially not being utilized? I don't really know what this all means, please let me know. D:

Thanks for the reply. :)

I had a look at the folders in facegendata/facetint.

https://puu.sh/snPi6/afd93fa528.png

https://puu.sh/snPjn/52eb9cb846.png

Blue skyrim and ETAC - complete, dawnstar, falkreath, etc, etc, etc's filenames didn't correspond to any records in TES5Edit that related to ECTV - merged.esp (or anything else for that matter). So, does this mean that the facegendata provided by the ECTV mods is essentially not being utilized? I don't really know what this all means, please let me know. D:

Yep, technically you could fix that by looking at the merge map in the `+++ECTV Merged\merge\ECTV Merged_map.txt` file... it maps

source.esp=### (where ### is the number of renumbered formids)

original-formid=renumbered-formid 

Example:

JKs LITE - Merged.esp=306

000F2343=009932DD

This means that xx0F2343 is now xx9932DD where xx is the mod index... If ECTV Merged is at A0 in your load order for instance in xEdit you'd enter A09932DD to view the thing that was previously at xx0f2343

At this point renaming the nif to the new formid (009932DD... 00 becuase for this purpose skyrim assumes it's at index 0...) and the folder to ECTV Merged.esp would, I think, solve your problem... I think.  Definitely worth a try... their faces aren't gonna get any more grey ;)

Does the above make sense?

When Paul gets back from his weekend vacation we'll discuss how to resolve this for all users.  Thanks for helping to work through this!

Edited by jdsmith2816

Yep, technically you could fix that by looking at the merge map in the ECTV Merged folder... it maps source.esp:formid to destination.esp:formid  ie you can see that xx0f1bdc became xxabc123 (arbitrary...)

At that point renaming the nif and the folder would, I think, solve your problem... I think.  Definitely worth a try... their faces aren't gonna get any more grey ;)

When Paul gets back from his weekend vacation we'll discuss how to resolve this for all users.  Thanks for helping to work through this!

You are most welcome Jd-senpai. It's the least I could do, considering the tremendous amount of work yourself and Paul have put into making the guide!

Regarding the merge map, though. Would that be seq/ECTV Merged.seq? If so, what should I use to open the file?

You are most welcome Jd-senpai. It's the least I could do, considering the tremendous amount of work yourself and Paul have put into making the guide!

Regarding the merge map, though. Would that be seq/ECTV Merged.seq? If so, what should I use to open the file?

Does the archive not include the `+++ECTV Merged\merge` folder?  Nexus appears to be down right now so I can't check.

Assuming he hasn't updated it since last time he sent it to me the contents of the file are such: https://pastebin.com/MD8LDwuL

Also check my previous post again... I added more details and it looks like your quote is from before I edited it.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Does the archive not include the `+++ECTV Merged\merge` folder?  Nexus appears to be down right now so I can't check.

Assuming he hasn't updated it since last time he sent it to me the contents of the file are such: https://pastebin.com/MD8LDwuL

Also check my previous post again... I added more details and it looks like your quote is from before I edited it.

No it doesn't.

Oh my god, that link. I wanted to play Skyrim this weekend, not edit files for the next 40 years hahaha. Damn, man, I don't think I'm going to attempt that. 

G-grey f-f-f-faces aren't so b-bad, are they?

No it doesn't.

Oh my god, that link. I wanted to play Skyrim this weekend, not edit files for the next 40 years hahaha. Damn, man, I don't think I'm going to attempt that. 

Here's a trick:

Use the package I sent you. Then replace the esp in that package with the guide's version.

• +1 1

Just a quick question. With the latest Load Order Files from Nexus, the SMC patches gets sorted at the very bottom, below Dual Sheath Redux. I guess they're not supposed to be that far down? Or am I mistaken :p 

I'm sure Paul will see this and update guide when he's back... This may be close to what you need, let me know.

https://pastebin.com/uP4ELZbL

No it doesn't.

Yah, it's a beastly merge.  You can either do the merge yourself, use johnnywats version, or wait till next week when we have a solution. :)

• +1 1

Yah, it's a beastly merge.  You can either do the merge yourself, use johnnywats version, or wait till next week when we have a solution. :)

Johnnywatts' version will definitely be getting some use. :)

Some anecdotal experience I should share though: I run a 4790k @ 4.6 GHz, 980 Ti @ 1425 MHz Core + 3825 MHz Memory and 16 gb RAM @ 2133 MHz (CL8) on Windows 10. If anyone with a build similar to mine (probably with a 10-series GPU at this point, though) thinks they can pretty much "max out" in SMC, please do think again; the Windows 10 DirectX VRAM limitation is rreeeeeaaaaaal. I've seen my fps get as low as 5 whilst data is pushed and pulled from system ram to video ram. Legit think about going for MQ all the way through, apart from the bigger overhauls (e.g. YALO), go HQ. Downloading 287 mods, getting shite performance and then having to re-download a lot of them again ain't fun.

My 2 cents. :)

I'm sure Paul will see this and update guide when he's back... This may be close to what you need, let me know.

https://pastebin.com/uP4ELZbL

Yah, it's a beastly merge. You can either do the merge yourself, use johnnywats version, or wait till next week when we have a solution. :)

I think the best solution for that would be to include the facegen on the premade ECTV. It would mean lots work renaming the facegen according to the renumbered forms or changing the formID in the esp itself, downside of this every time you do the merge you have to change it again, but I don't see any other way.

Unless you want to post a How-to on the guide and let the users do it themselves. This assuming you wanted to save the hustle and don't want to make the premade ECTV larger in size.

ECTV does contains lots of records maybe that causes the mismatch and grey face because Merge Plugins have to renumber the conflicting. And I don't know if every setup even though they followed the guide precisely will make a differences on the formID that are being used while merging.

Edited by reddvilzz

I think the best solution for that would be to include the facegen on the premade ECTV. It would mean lots work renaming the facegen according to the renumbered forms or changing the formID in the esp itself, downside of this every time you do the merge you have to change it again, but I don't see any other way.

Unless you want to post a How-to on the guide and let the users do it themselves. This assuming you wanted to save the hustle and don't want to make the premade ECTV larger in size.

ECTV does contains lots of records maybe that causes the mismatch and grey face because Merge Plugins have to renumber the conflicting. And I don't know if every setup even though they followed the guide precisely will make a differences on the formID that are being used while merging.

Does including facegen files require permission? If not, that will be the easiest solution. I think the other solution is to have user merge ECTV with only Merge plugin standalone. This will take care of renaming the facegen files. The guide can provide the replacement esp, so user doesn't need to use CK to merge navmesh.  

Edited by darkside

Merging ECTV by user will need CK for navmesh merge. Does including facegen require permission? .

Well I think it is since it is an "assets" I forgot to mentioned that as well. Thank you for mentioning it.

As for regenerating Navmesh in CK that's not that hard actually but it is more job to do nevertheless.

I'll just let Paul and jd decides for it.

To the guy who didn't want naked characters in-game, I got you bro: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7305, download UNB Base Underwear Body.

AFAIK, only WSCO provides the femalebody_0 & femalebody_1.nif files, so you should, theoretically (tested to be sure: https://puu.sh/so9T9/65d1c55a79.jpg), be safe to install the mod below ++++ NPC Retextures Merged and just call it a day.

Also, after installing SMC, something, in that 25gb folder XCE Compilation Pack, has provided a skin texture that makes it so female NPCs have no nipples... So the above also works as a work-around for that, lol.

Edited by AmeerHM