STEP Installation Guide - Doubts

richardo11

I am installing STEP for the first time, aiming to STEP Skyrim Revisited LD.

In the Nvidia Inspector settings says:

" Set Anisotropic filtering setting to 16x. High values may cause texture shimmering in mid to long range texture LODs. If this happens, adjusting the LOD bias can help to remedy the issue. (See the Detailed Information link above for more information)

• ENBoost users should skip the driver anisotropic filtering and set ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true in the enblocal.ini."

I am, of course planing to use ENBoost, but "ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true in the enblocal.ini." means to leave Anisotropic filtering setting to..... User defined? or Off? or any other settings like 8x or 1x?

I have no clue

Yes I understand the STEP core is one guide and Revisited is a mod pack, if i am posting in the wrong place, please warn me about.

About the question, thanks for the answer, if I got it (bot ways, enblocal ini set (which is the one i want) or inspector way) so if i go enblocal way, Should i set that setting to off?

Thanks for your care

To Administrator(s)

I don\t know if it is just me, but you sound to me like being pissed of, I am not trying to bother no one? and i do not think is that  difficult to answer my question just because i am asking from a different install that the Step one, that actually is the one i am doing (STEP 2.2.9.2) and where my question stems, because STEP Revisited USES as a base and need ALL STEP 2292 as a base. (it clearly states it in its page). I am installing STEP 2.2.9.2

So my question is perfectly legit and in the proper forum

A different question is that you don.t want to answer me of find that i am pissing around or trolling, that it is OK, but i do not understand why.

My question has being made with respect and measure as a rule on my own, don¨t need to be taught on that

Yet, my question remains unanswered? Why? God knows why.

Edited by richardo11

I think there is a language barrier here. We're not upset at all. :^_^: However, I do think there is a misunderstanding of what you are trying to install. Could you please post links to the Guides you are installing so that we can ensure we're all talking about the same things. Thank you!

Yes I understand the STEP core is one guide and Revisited is a mod pack, if i am posting in the wrong place, please warn me about.

About the question, thanks for the answer, if I got it (bot ways, enblocal ini set (which is the one i want) or inspector way) so if i go enblocal way, Should i set that setting to off?

Thanks for your care

In my nividia control panel i set AA and AF to application controlled and use the AA and AF from ENB.

That is what SRLE advises to do. 

As far as what setting to use for AF just experiment and see what looks best in your game. I personally would keep it around 8x at least.