SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

lol "idiot check" I see all the years of my wife being with me and helping out on gigs has rubs off. For anyone interest an "idiot check" is a technical term we in the sound a light industry use during a Get Out/Derig. It is basically the last thing you do before leaving a venue you walk around double checking you have not missed anything and you got all the kit.

We call it a F**K UP Fix in live sound. 

Yes I am still alive just been busy organising a job application.

• +1 1

If I install EEO and all its patches will it work with this guide? I want to be a pretty elf :3

Would I need to add any bashed tags?

I've done this before and if I recall correctly the default way LOOT sorts this mod and Bring Out your Dead means that a lot of elf characters that had Bring Out Your Dead death plots allocated to them don't have them cause EEO overwrites them. Not a huge biggie to fix in CR from what I recall.

If you made the merge where you copy assets, you can just deactivate the entire mod, you don't need it active at all because the merge has all the assets and the plugin combined into one folder. The only exception is the DSAMG mod because the sound folder doesn't get copied all the way into the merge, so those assets will be missing if you deactivate it. For that one you can just move the esp to the optional esp folder.

Additionally, Wrye bash does not need to have esps activated in order to use and merge them into a bashed patch. Which is why it's probably toggling those esps back on. You can even rebuild your bash patch with all the previously merged bashed plugins deactivated and it will still use them for the new bashed patch... if that makes sense >.> Which is why, if you have merged a plugin with MERGE PLUGINS you should just deactivate the entire thing (except for DSAMG), do not deactivate the merged WRYE BASH patch mods in the left pane (they should just be left in your load order unticked -- they will be unticked by wrye bash because they are merged into the bashed patch and do not need to be activated in the load order, but they do need to remain there).

To answer your question though, it's hard to say yes or no, because I don't know if the plugins that you are wanting to move to the optional folder have been merged into a separate esp by MERGE PLUGINS or not... You'll have to determine that. 

I think I get it now. Thank you.

If I'm using other mods than what's in the straight SRLE, should I download the "LOTD Patches Merged (v19.1.6)" file anyway?  I mean, I can also get the other mods from the patch central like Hunterborn - or should I just do my own merge if I'm adding a few things?

I've done this before and if I recall correctly the default way LOOT sorts this mod and Bring Out your Dead means that a lot of elf characters that had Bring Out Your Dead death plots allocated to them don't have them cause EEO overwrites them. Not a huge biggie to fix in CR from what I recall.

Mehhhh... don't care too much about that... I think? I am curious though... if I start a game, and then later decided to go through and fix the CR to make that work, would I have to start a new game, or would it work on an existing one?

Also... this is probably not the place for this, but curious if anyone would like to placate my curiosity.... I wanted to install CC's HQ Caves from the SSE site, but when I install them they are super wet/shiny... is there something special you have to do to make the image files compatible with oldrim? I see tons of guides for converting to SSE, but none for Oldrim. Do the normals have to be set at a certain opacity or anything?

Edited by Lightsourced

Hmm.. so I just finished up the guide... before I ran DYNDOLOD, DSR, and Asis, the game started up fine, but now it's taking forever to load and the new game, continue, etc. options are not showing up... Anyone else run into this issue?

Was there an image or document showing final load order somewhere?

yup... disable those three esps and it works again... strange...

For DYNDOLOD i had to disable my bashed patch and the main CR because it kept throwing errors... should I not do that? #confused

Edited by Lightsourced

Hmm.. so I just finished up the guide... before I ran DYNDOLOD, DSR, and Asis, the game started up fine, but now it's taking forever to load and the new game, continue, etc. options are not showing up... Anyone else run into this issue?

Was there an image or document showing final load order somewhere?

yup... disable those three esps and it works again... strange...

For DYNDOLOD i had to disable my bashed patch and the main CR because it kept throwing errors... should I not do that? #confused

So, I did process of elimination and it doesn't do it when I enable DYNDOLOD and DSR, and then ASIS... and when I logged in tested each individually, then enabled all 3 together.. now it works... ... ok weird! haha but im not complaining!

Edited by Lightsourced

ELFX just updated to 3.04 - I did my routine 'check for updates in MO' thing and itw as flagged - also, DynDOLOD updated again to 2.35.

cool thanks I'll get them updated.

If I'm using other mods than what's in the straight SRLE, should I download the "LOTD Patches Merged (v19.1.6)" file anyway?  I mean, I can also get the other mods from the patch central like Hunterborn - or should I just do my own merge if I'm adding a few things?

you can but if you want to merge those extra patches you need to the the LOTD Patches Merge yourself in Merge Plugins Standalone.

Also... this is probably not the place for this, but curious if anyone would like to placate my curiosity.... I wanted to install CC's HQ Caves from the SSE site, but when I install them they are super wet/shiny... is there something special you have to do to make the image files compatible with oldrim? I see tons of guides for converting to SSE, but none for Oldrim. Do the normals have to be set at a certain opacity or anything?

I don't know who easy is it is back port a mod.

Sheson has mentioned that the Bash Patch might need to be disabled before before I however have never had a issue (at least I have not seen one my end).

So, I did process of elimination and it doesn't do it when I enable DYNDOLOD and DSR, and then ASIS... and when I logged in tested each individually, then enabled all 3 together.. now it works... ... ok weird! haha but im not complaining!

Might be some errors at those 3 esps, better check errors in xEdit. There's a big change the cause of the main menu not showing is because those 3 have errors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am wondering if this could also be a load order issue since i do not have it. can i ask what is the load order of Bash Patch, ASIS ,DSR and Dyndolod?

mine is:

ASIS-Dependency.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

ASIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DynDOLOD.esp

I am wondering if this could also be a load order issue since i do not have it. can i ask what is the load order of Bash Patch, ASIS ,DSR and Dyndolod?

mine is:

ASIS-Dependency.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

ASIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

DynDOLOD.esp

I don't think that really matter at all, because mine is DSR first then ASIS. I have a feeling that there's some kind of errors in those 3 plugins. Because I've been there as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk