SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Another random question... o.o As most of the patches require Helgen Reborn and I would like to do the starting scene as I've never played Skyrim before... should I install up to Helgen, play the game until I leave the cave, save, and then resume installing mods? What would be the best method of approaching this?

Another random question... o.o As most of the patches require Helgen Reborn and I would like to do the starting scene as I've never played Skyrim before... should I install up to Helgen, play the game until I leave the cave, save, and then resume installing mods? What would be the best method of approaching this?

Just install everything and then choose vanilla start. I've tried it dozens of times and it runs smoothly. Since alternate start and helgen reborn is now compatible you don't need to disable it just to run vanilla start.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For running DDSopt, do we run the 32bit or 64bit .exe? I'm using Windows 10 64bit..., however, MO runs in 32bit... soooo not sure what to choose! I'm not running it through MO, just not sure if it needs to be processed that way?

Also, why do we process the *.dds and the *_n.dds, *_msn.dds files separately? Why can't all three be done at the same time?

Edited by Lightsourced

OneCowardlyLion hi! If you are up to it and want to give it a go..try https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide. It works, but you will have to pick your mods carefully to work with this guide..IT WORKS, as i have some in my present build...Please be aware that any problems you may encounter you will need to fix yourself or seek help on regs page...i really appreciate the work done there to work along side this and other guides...BUT IT'S UP TO YOU...best luck and regards

Berndaroy...now bed time

If I end up doing it I'll probably have two profiles on Mod Organizer.

Thanks for the link :)

One suggestion for the Prerequisite page, under Bethini setup. You say "Click" on Windowed Mode... However, by default (for me at least, not sure if that's the same for everyone) it is checked... so I'm unsure if by click you mean to disable it... or if it should remain checked. Instead, if you could say, Uncheck or Check the box next to... I think that would perhaps be a little more clear? :)

Also, if/while you're there... just to clean up this formatting.. under the skyrimprefs.ini changes (after bethini setup) this --

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=0

Grass should probably be made into its own header, as currently it looks like it's part of the Display settings.

If my suggestions are out of line, please let me know >.

no i am always open to suggestion the Windowed box needs to be checked in Bethini. Yes grass should be it's own heading.

I have a question ? Is this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72416/?) and this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53271/?) Can work with this guide ?

I really want to make a "real" Dragonborn character with that playtrough ...

don't know never used those before.

One more thing!! During the Nvidia Inspector changes... When I set the Frame Rate Limiter to 59.7 and then hit apply it changes it to "Off" again. The only way it doesn't get reverted back to off, is if I select 59 fps from the dropdown. How are you getting the 59.7 fps to work? Is there something special you do for that? 

yes it was in my drop down box so i selected that I'll change it to 58.

For running DDSopt, do we run the 32bit or 64bit .exe? I'm using Windows 10 64bit..., however, MO runs in 32bit... soooo not sure what to choose! I'm not running it through MO, just not sure if it needs to be processed that way?

Also, why do we process the *.dds and the *_n.dds, *_msn.dds files separately? Why can't all three be done at the same time?

I am sure others will know better the me we do that way cos that is what are told to done on the STEP DDSOpt Wiki page https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:DDSopt.

And to everyone else upon reflection I have decided to pull TME and TRIW.

• +1 1

I see that Bethini was updated.  Is it necessary to do it?  I had a hassle with it for it didn't want to work when I didn't play at the recommended setting.  I don't like playing fullscreen or at the maximum resolution for other reasons - there's a chat program I like to see the edge of...

I see that Bethini was updated.  Is it necessary to do it?  I had a hassle with it for it didn't want to work when I didn't play at the recommended setting.  I don't like playing fullscreen or at the maximum resolution for other reasons - there's a chat program I like to see the edge of...

it not necessary to update BethINI i only updated cos i notice the program had been updated while I was doing my poking around today.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to add in MLU and it’s various patches, I’ve fianlly got the guide working but want to carry on tinkering and add in some of my favourite missing mods, has anyone thought about adding a page of “other mods†mods that won’t conflict but aren’t a designated part of the guide

Also, the scripts from TRIW and TME - I have downloaded them into xEdit, but haven't ran them yet.  Is there any harm in them staying there, or should I look for and delete them?

(And why is it that on this forum, you only get a very short time to edit, then your posts are locked down?)

Edited by Minoke

Does anyone know how easy it would be to add in MLU and it’s various patches, I’ve fianlly got the guide working but want to carry on tinkering and add in some of my favourite missing mods, has anyone thought about adding a page of “other mods” mods that won’t conflict but aren’t a designated part of the guide

Morrowloot will conflict and you will have to your conflict resolution. We did think about a options page but Nozzer has decided to abandon that plan for various reasons.

Also, the scripts from TRIW and TME - I have downloaded them into xEdit, but haven't ran them yet.  Is there any harm in them staying there, or should I look for and delete them?

(And why is it that on this forum, you only get a very short time to edit, then your posts are locked down?)

If you haven't run the patcher yet then it  will be OK to leave them in just make sure you remove the TME - loose files from Mod Organizer. You only get 15 mins to edit post (unless you have a shiny badge like me).

I assume it's not recommended to remove TMU and TRIW mid-playthrough?

Or does it run any scripts ingame? Maybe it would only leave me with a bit too much gold compared to normal skyrim.

Edited by Dele