SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

i does actually say it is included on the mod page.

and to everyone else Since LUNA is very OP and we already have a lot of decent followers in guide how about we get rid of her?

I found out by digging :p I like to be surprised by mod content so I try my best to avoid spoilers while reading the install info. Most times it works well but sometimes on rare occasions it causes problems. In any case should someone else get the error you now know what it is caused by :)

I guess Inigo is the only one from the batch of followers that many of us use (for he is the most fun to play with, I guess?), so I would say that they can go from the guide. iNPCs take care of the crowding. :)

well i am currently not talking about getting rid of all the followers Toccata is useful and has save my butt many times but she can also be annoying by keep picking up weapons when i don't want her too, Sofia is quite amusing but obviously is geared toward male players. I wish she was a bit more gender aware of the players character, I've have recently picked up Minerva and she quite powerful.

I tend to most run mostly with Toccata, Inigo and swap the third one out for someone else.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I personally like Sofia and use her as a follower a lot. I usually go with one of the vanilla Housecarls as a tanky type, Sofia as a long-ranger on the archery with me on spellsword duties, and Inigo cause he's so good. Last completed playthrough I also had one of the Argonians from Interesting NPCs and he was pretty good too.

In AOS 2.5.1 there's a ton of compatibility patches for mods that are actually used in this guide - EBT, RW2, GDO, DSI, TAD, UU, WAFR, deadly dragons, IWIE, wet and cold... Why shouldn't we install those? And if we do, where could we merge them to get rid of extra plugins (if there are any)?

Am i the only one that truly hates (sorry dislikes) followers. Ever since Morrowind having follower/s that always get in the way, you accidentally hit them during combat and suddenly your are a criminal etc. Yes i suppose that things may have improved, with Sofia as ranged attacker, but still i would rather fight by myself and if push comes to shove..conjurer a dremora lord or something. Lydia i leave at home or allow to become a house steward or better still recruit into the blades....but that just me or being a loner most of my life LOL

Berndaroy

Hey,

I see that Pumping Iron is the only mod in the Immersion section of the guide. I love the mod and how it works and adds muscle hypertrophy over time on the character, but if Pumping Iron is there, than why not add Five O'Clock Shadow? It's essentially Pumping Iron but with facial hair.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49994/?

Also, are there any mods that anybody here recommends I remove? For example, I see there has been discussion on followers. What it be fine if i just kept Inigo and Tocatta, removed the rest, and added Hoth?

Also, any other mods aside from followers that I should remove? I've added a few of my own, particularly the Alternatative Death mods (so you never die), Medieval - Hero of Gallowmere, and this music mod that takes a huge amount of Skyrim music mods (some lore friendly, some not, but all fit the theme) as well as the Oblivion and Morrowind soundtracks and merges them. Seems to work with AOS and Lucidity.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68256/?

Also, is there any reason that Dragon Combat Overhaul was removed? I know that it definitely had to have been because of the author's decision to shut everything down after the election, but was it causing any incompatibilities/script issues? I'm looking to make my game as hard as possibly can be and I have DCO in another Mod Organizer stashed away on my D drive from months and months ago. Will it be alright if I add it back? AFAIK it shouldn't cause any issues.

No need for them as they are covered by the conflict resolution patch to save ESP space.

Thanks! But... LOL I'm facing at least a couple hours fixing the conflict resolution file to remove masters I didn't want to install :) With the tip "get the value on the left instead of removing the record" I got here in mind!

BTW, in the 3dnpc merge, shouldn't "3DNPC CCOR Cloak Leveled Lists.esp" be left out to be included in the bashed patch? I mean, if I merge that file, will it be "bashed" as well? In that case, why were the CACO_3DNPC and CACO_Gray Cowl leveled lists left out of the CACO merge?

Also, are there any mods that anybody here recommends I remove? For example, I see there has been discussion on followers. What it be fine if i just kept Inigo and Tocatta, removed the rest, and added Hoth?

I removed a few myself, bear in mind some things:

1- The "best" mods to remove - IMO! - are mods that add recurring/pending scripts like most in the survival section. Much as I find it interesting to experiment with, they'd probably contribute to script lag and you might find at some point in your playthrough that constantly having to eat/drink/bathe/sleep/piss ;) or changing your gear to face the weather is distracting and you might want to disable them. Although most, if not all, can be disabled via MCM, you might be tempted to uninstall them and compromise your savegame... So better decide beforehand. But - please read #3...

2 - If you want to remove because you need room for other mods you want to introduce, consider also that those mods may need some patching to work well with the rest. For example, I have Wyrmstooth (which has been discussed here) and want to include it, so I dug for patches available. And try to merge those patches with other patches in a logical manner (like patches having master in common). It's easy to get lost here so you might want to note down what you will need to add and where.

3 - This guide has a lot of pre-made merges and conflict resolution files that save you a lot of trouble, but they'll be dependent on the mods they affect as masters. In the case of pre-made merges, if you decide to go by without some of its master mods, you'll have to download the separate remaining files and do the merge yourself. But the conflict resolution is more tricky, you'll have to edit the file in xEdit before you can remove the masters. It will take a long time. I've done it before and the game loaded and played without crashes. Still I haven't tested extensively and can't guarantee a good result, someone else might want to comment.

Edited by godescalcus

I removed a few myself, bear in mind some things:

1- The "best" mods to remove - IMO! - are mods that add recurring/pending scripts like most in the survival section. Much as I find it interesting to experiment with, they'd probably contribute to script lag and you might find at some point in your playthrough that constantly having to eat/drink/bathe/sleep/piss ;) or changing your gear to face the weather is distracting and you might want to disable them. Although most, if not all, can be disabled via MCM, you might be tempted to uninstall them and compromise your savegame... So better decide beforehand. But - please read #3...

2 - If you want to remove because you need room for other mods you want to introduce, consider also that those mods may need some patching to work well with the rest. For example, I have Wyrmstooth (which has been discussed here) and want to include it, so I dug for patches available. And try to merge those patches with other patches in a logical manner (like patches having master in common). It's easy to get lost here so you might want to note down what you will need to add and where.

3 - This guide has a lot of pre-made merges and conflict resolution files that save you a lot of trouble, but they'll be dependent on the mods they affect as masters. In the case of pre-made merges, if you decide to go by without some of its master mods, you'll have to download the separate remaining files and do the merge yourself. But the conflict resolution is more tricky, you'll have to edit the file in xEdit before you can remove the masters. It will take a long time. I've done it before and the game loaded and played without crashes. Still I haven't tested extensively and can't guarantee a good result, someone else might want to comment.

Ah, I see. I'll keep the entire install I suppose; I'm running on a 120GB SSD and have about 11GB left and haven't touched DynDOLOD yet. I'm sure I'll be fine but the part I worry about is, of course, space. I need about 9GB free by the end in order for me to continue doing my part of development in Skyblivion which, as of right now, is a 8.5GB file. Hm, seems i'll have to find my way around this.

The same thing I always say:

If you want to remove mods, that's fine. If you want to replace mods that's also fine. We provide the list of mods as a GUIDE as how we like to mod things. If you like our basic thrust but want to add your own flavour that's perfectly fine and none of me, Lexy or Darth will complain. It's your game, play it how you like. ::D:

Now having said that: There's no real way we're likely to be able to support EVERY single possible way people like to change things. Sure, ask us in here, we'll try and answer based on our knowledge and best estimates. But you probably WILL have to do a little bit of patching of your own accord. Learning how to fix your own issues is a good thing, in all seriousness. xEdit may look daunting, but a lot of it is common sense and being willing to take your time and not rush.

Maximan: With your situation I'd ask: Where are you saving your downloaded mods? Is it on the 120Gig SSD? If so, I suggest moving the download directory to a discrete platter hard drive. I save my downloads to my 2 TB drive and change MO's downloads directory to point to that. My Skyrim Mod Downloads directory currently sits at 38 Gig. If you can move that somewhere you'll be good.

• +1 1

Also, is there any reason that Dragon Combat Overhaul was removed? I know that it definitely had to have been because of the author's decision to shut everything down after the election, but was it causing any incompatibilities/script issues? I'm looking to make my game as hard as possibly can be and I have DCO in another Mod Organizer stashed away on my D drive from months and months ago. Will it be alright if I add it back? AFAIK it shouldn't cause any issues.

It was removed cause ApolloDown removed all his mods from the Nexus and any copies you can find online were other people uploading it elsewhere. If you want to use it, fine, but you're going to have to iron out any issues yourself is all.