SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Sorry for the double post as it wouldn't let me edit the previous for some reason, but I discovered that when I put the Trees Megapatch below DynDOLOD Output at the left pane, the missing LODs appear in-game. However, obviously, I get LOD mismatch with the pine trees. So I can't just keep the mod there. At least this tells me that it's some sort of an overwrite issue. Though I've yet to discover which mod is the culprit. Everything seems perfectly fine.

There is a readme with EVT that explains step by step how to enable ultra trees generation, but it takes much longer to generate everything but the results are worth it.

You have actually ALL trees visible at any time (lods) in the world instead of normal lods limited by the fTreeLoadDistance in the skyrimpref.ini.

What is the performance impact like with having full 3d lods for the trees? Im very interested in this now!

Dear Paul, may i ask why you removed Skyrim Bridges, my merge didn't bring up any nav mesh problems as mentioned in an earlier post. It's no biggy...just curious

Berndaroy

these nav mesh conflicts are not shown in merge plugins but in xEdit. Look in the worldspace ssection and you will see many many conflicts.

I noticed you added Verdant and Unique Grasses.  Verdant states that Unique Grasses isn't needed and shouldn't be used with his mod, escpecially since his mod already includes the textures from UG and a lot more.  Also, instead of the fall leaves why don't you use a mod that has terrain parallax, such as Amidianborn Landscapes or, my preference, Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax Tribute?  I actually have Amidanborn first and then override with Skyrim HD since AMB covers a few areas that SHD doesn't touch.

I noticed you added Verdant and Unique Grasses.  Verdant states that Unique Grasses isn't needed and shouldn't be used with his mod, escpecially since his mod already includes the textures from UG and a lot more.  Also, instead of the fall leaves why don't you use a mod that has terrain parallax, such as Amidianborn Landscapes or, my preference, Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax Tribute?  I actually have Amidanborn first and then override with Skyrim HD since AMB covers a few areas that SHD doesn't touch.

How does this combination blend with Noble Skyrim textures as the primary texture overhaul?

I noticed you added Verdant and Unique Grasses. Verdant states that Unique Grasses isn't needed and shouldn't be used with his mod, escpecially since his mod already includes the textures from UG and a lot more. Also, instead of the fall leaves why don't you use a mod that has terrain parallax, such as Amidianborn Landscapes or, my preference, Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax Tribute? I actually have Amidanborn first and then override with Skyrim HD since AMB covers a few areas that SHD doesn't touch.

I think UG has assets the verdant does not. Can't check now not at home.

I'll look at the others.

ok ppl silent moon camp won't let me in whenever i try to get in to kill the bandit there i get an instant ctd can anyone check it out for me see if it is something with the guide or just my game screwing with me again -_-

if you have crash fixes, you should get a message what does it say?

What is the performance impact like with having full 3d lods for the trees? Im very interested in this now!

You won't have full 3d lods but optimized hybrid lods(sheson doc in the subfolder ultra trees of dyndolod explains it), It will most likely impact more the vram usage than performance.

You must generate 3d lods from a mod that comes with them like EVT (I tried to generate from SFO, instant CTD ingame)

And these ultra trees will be visible only to a certain extent around you, then billboards are the furthest.

Let's say you have 4 grids around your players.  You have the cell where he is where everything is generated limited to 5, then 6 to xx : level 4 lods (there you'll see ultra trees) then level 8 lods (billboards) and level 16 lods (billboards)

(explains what I mean : https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/4834-1-1327320286.jpg ) Non coloured = grid generate, red = hybrid lods visible grid, green = level 8 (billboards lod), blue = level 16 (billboards lod)

To be honest I didn't notice a drop because of my 1080 in that way, I just have a CPU bottleneck that limits my performance so I can't tell much.

You won't have full 3d lods but optimized hybrid lods(sheson doc in the subfolder ultra trees of dyndolod explains it), It will most likely impact more the vram usage than performance.

You must generate 3d lods from a mod that comes with them like EVT (I tried to generate from SFO, instant CTD ingame)

And these ultra trees will be visible only to a certain extent around you, then billboards are the furthest.

Let's say you have 4 grids around your players.  You have the cell where he is where everything is generated limited to 5, then 6 to xx : level 4 lods (there you'll see ultra trees) then level 8 lods (billboards) and level 16 lods (billboards)

(explains what I mean : https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/4834-1-1327320286.jpg ) Non coloured = grid generate, red = hybrid lods visible grid, green = level 8 (billboards lod), blue = level 16 (billboards lod)

To be honest I didn't notice a drop because of my 1080 in that way, I just have a CPU bottleneck that limits my performance so I can't tell much.

what cpu do you have?

Edited by minos55