SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Is it paul ? Without the merge Jail has the proper lods right ?

Seems like there are probably two issues ?

Yes that's right. When it wasn't merged I could see those aspens just fine. I think paul is right though. I also couldn't find any dds and txt file for that specific tree. Maybe the reason it appears when I put it below DynDOLOD Output or without the merge is because a different file is responsible for its lod? Not sure what that could be as I'm no expert. Just a thought. Either way I also thought that a proper Lod has to be created for that tree.

I mean without the merge if the custom megapatch is after EVT tamrieltreelod.dds takes over and probably shows the lod.

I don't know :confused:

The merge places EVT esp after the megapatch and thus ports it's tamrieltreelod.dds

All of this is unrelated to dyndolod, dyndolod uses billboards but the vanilla system uses that texture for lods if i'm not mistaken.

I think because dyndolod is generating lods from lodgen folders and looking for data inside that txt file. And when we merge only relinker can adjust the lodgen data to the new merge name. But since thete is no data for that aspentree relinker cant fix it. And for the unmerged mod is working i think because there is something else there that i dont see yet and relinker doesnt either. I dont have much knowledge about DDL or lods

I think because dyndolod is generating lods from lodgen folders and looking for data inside that txt file. And when we merge only relinker can adjust the lodgen data to the new merge name. But since thete is no data for that aspentree relinker cant fix it. And for the unmerged mod is working i think because there is something else there that i dont see yet and relinker doesnt either. I dont have much knowledge about DDL or lods

Maybe a _lod.nif file that uses a different texture? I don't know much about LODs either but I recall seeing something like that. It could also be BTT or LST files.

Edited by Jailhouseblues

So I've tested with the assets in the merged patch as well, and it did not work. The only time it works is when I don't merge the mods it seems. Unless I am somehow mistaken. I think at this point, what I'm gonna do is, I won't merge the tree mods, but I will merge the grass mods to at least reduce the esp count a bit. 

Edited by Jailhouseblues

So I've tested with the assets in the merged patch as well, and it did not work. The only time it works is when I don't merge the mods it seems. Unless I am somehow mistaken. I think at this point, what I'm gonna do is, I won't merge the tree mods, but I will merge the grass mods to at least reduce the esp count a bit. 

OK thanks for your testing I have sent a few ideas out to the testing team and in the absence of Darth (with him being on tour and out the country) I may have to make an executive decision.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

OK thanks for your testing I have sent a few ideas out to the testing team and in the absence of Darth (with him being on tour and out the country) I may have to make an executive decision.

Glad to have helped. I now merged all the grass and other environment mods (unique grasses verdant, apple trees) but left the trees untouched. Now I am generating DynDOLOD. Will report back here if it works and the LOD shows up correctly. Just for the sake of double checking.

As far as I can tell, Relinker is working as advertised.

The billboards are lacking from the megapatch for CaribouGone

It works when the tree mods aren't merged though. So for the time being I'll leave them like that until it is fixed. Since the billboard file isn't there, I am not sure what is making that tree's LOD appear when the mods aren't merged.

Edited by Jailhouseblues

It works when the tree mods aren't merged though. So for the time being I'll leave them like that until it is fixed. Since the billboard file isn't there, I am not sure what is making that tree's LOD appear when the mods aren't merged.

Please upload the merge_map.txt from the tree merge to pastebin

After running relinker, what is the billboard vurt_aspen01_XXXXXXXX.dds file called and what is it's path?