Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

I've been reading quite a bit on the matter, and you guys are right, this part of the game is very sensitive, specially to mods with scripts.  However, I've seen a lot of reports telling that Immersive Armor 7-8 is causing this issue...  Not sure if this mods have scripts, but anyway...  

I have looked at the live another life mods, and I dunno...  maybe once I have went thru a playthrough or two...  that's why I didn't installed stuff like new locations, crafting overhaul, and stuff that deeply change the base game, I was more after the ultimate beautification, and I achieved it.  I added a few more mods this evening, like the ruffled feathers, and couple others, maybe 10-15 more..  I did a bashed patch, updated fnis, and now updating lods with texgen and dyndolod.

I played Skyrim the year it came out, but my computer wouldn't run it very well, so I got tired before finishing it.

I'm really curious to see how the Special Edition will compare to a modded Skyrim like this.  But I'm also curious to see how far modding will be able to take the SE as well!

a question about SRLE

i'm a little bit tired of wanilla music, heard during 5 years. it's enough

there are a few big mods for music, celtic music, immersive music, etc...

Do you have any advice on one of them to renew a little bit the score ? Are they other SRLE users that added this kind of mod ? I also think that one of them could be added in the guide.

I've tried a few. I settled on Fantasy Soundtrack Project + Combat Music. For what it's worth. :)

I've tried a few. I settled on Fantasy Soundtrack Project + Combat Music. For what it's worth. :)

as mentionned befeore, i have tried the merge music mod with fantasy soundtrack,immersive music, celtic music and one more. there are insteresting piece into them. just sometimes an issue with music that could be heard like behind a wall on a few parts. No time to investigate now because i must ready my luggage for 3 weeks of mountain climbing. I'll try to find the reason after the 16Th of augustus

thanks for all members advices about music

I've been reading quite a bit on the matter, and you guys are right, this part of the game is very sensitive, specially to mods with scripts.  However, I've seen a lot of reports telling that Immersive Armor 7-8 is causing this issue...  Not sure if this mods have scripts, but anyway...  

I have looked at the live another life mods, and I dunno...  maybe once I have went thru a playthrough or two...  that's why I didn't installed stuff like new locations, crafting overhaul, and stuff that deeply change the base game, I was more after the ultimate beautification, and I achieved it.  I added a few more mods this evening, like the ruffled feathers, and couple others, maybe 10-15 more..  I did a bashed patch, updated fnis, and now updating lods with texgen and dyndolod.

I played Skyrim the year it came out, but my computer wouldn't run it very well, so I got tired before finishing it.

I'm really curious to see how the Special Edition will compare to a modded Skyrim like this.  But I'm also curious to see how far modding will be able to take the SE as well!

had the same bug, but with live another life I had to wait in start area so all mod are loaded set up all mods and set in immersive armors the extra options set another life to disable, or enable the opposite of the default value. that way i lost that bug with spinning cart. Anyway even if you have that bug just wait that you get to helgen, then the bug goes away on it's own usally.

Then you can start the normal start with i was caught crossing the border (default) option in the statue in start area of mod.

Edited by minos55

"Critically Important! The first time a mod is installed that contains .bsa file Mod Organizer will prompt to extract it. Respond [Yes] and check the box labeled "Remember Selection" to prevent future prompts. If the prompt is needed again in the future simply click "Reset Dialogs" in Mod Organizers settings menu."

Why is this important?

"Critically Important! The first time a mod is installed that contains .bsa file Mod Organizer will prompt to extract it. Respond [Yes] and check the box labeled "Remember Selection" to prevent future prompts. If the prompt is needed again in the future simply click "Reset Dialogs" in Mod Organizers settings menu."

Why is this important?

I haven't read about this anywhere in the guide, and most mods on the nexus specifically mentions that they won't support you if you extract BSAs, and run into problems...

Why would this be critically important?  

I answered no the first time, and remembered the choice, and my game is as stable as it should.

What's even more impressive...  I levelled up to 31-32 with a previous install, with a totally different set of mods, using steam workshop... uninstalled, reinstalled from scratch, and followed SR:LE, partially... almost fully, but skipped stuff that didn't appealed to me right now, tho it might later on...  and my savegame works without a single glitch.  Just played for a few hours... and all I could think of while I was exploring the land, was, holy sh.t....  (thinking this is totally stunning!)

Many thanks again neo for this wonderful guide and mods setup! 

Why is this important?

Mostly for easier management on the files inside the archive (bsa). As you see on many occasions the guide asks you to remove or not to install some files that are contained inside the bsa and it's easier this way and not having to archive it back again.

There's functionally no difference (with MO) between unpacking all the files and keeping them loose, or unpacking-repacking to do all the removals needed by the guide.

Its just much easier - and occasionally less bug-prone, as re-packing BSAs is not always 100% straightforward - if everything is unpacked.

Well, there is also a minor performance difference - unpacking assets means loading the game from the desktop takes longer, but loading assets to memory during the game is faster, due to BSA compression - but that's within the noise level for most setups.

When I turn on Vividian ENB, I noticed that my FPS went from a solid 60 FPS to 50 FPS. That's a bit too much for my tastes so I think I'll use the performance one. The question I have though is in regards to an old thread I found and I didn't to ask there and rez the thread (though maybe I should... I don't know). 

i personally use the Vivid performance version of Vividian ENB with my SRLE I turn off DOF (cos i don't like it) and I turn off amibant occlusion and cloud shadows and i gain 10 sometimes 15 frames per second.

Just curious if the DOF, Ambient Occlusion, and Cloud Shadows are still a thing I need/can turn off? 

Addendum: The above isn't a big concern, though, just switching over to Performance brought me back up to a solid 60 FPS. Still, though, If I can squeeze a bit more out of it, always happy to do so. I'm actually surprised the Performance version isn't standard considering the hit it did to my system. Granted my computer is not a power house, but I still think it's above the baseline.  
Edited by Aeradom

Is there a reason this uses Better Fast Traveling instead of Complete Fast Travel Overhaul? And if there isn't is there any issue with me using this mod instead? I recalled that the Better Fast Traveling Mod was on the Masterlist for Dangerous, Outdated and superseded mods for the following reason: 

Please note: The mod has now been taken over by PlaugeHush who will be now offering support and releasing bug fixes and content updates. For now this will remain on the list until the updates actually start coming out though.

Better Fast Travel is still quite stable however it does suffer from a number of smaller bugs and issues that can potentially crop up long term as well as being more widely incompatible with various mods especially those that edit areas around the cities and towns. The author unfortunately doesn't have time to work on it anymore which means that it is going unsupported for the mean time until someone can be found to take over development. Complete Fast Travel Overhaul is more stable as it uses a few systems to bypass some of the more common bugs with the carriage and ferry system, and also avoids incompatibilities a lot better meaning it should be more stable in a heavier load order.

It doesn't seem like it's been updated yet (last upload was in 2014) so it would seem that I'd be better off going with CFTO. Any thoughts? 

Edited by Aeradom