Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Have you ran FNIS? Did bashed patch? You can download the CR and clean it of the mods you dont use

I did ran FNIS, when I ran the wrye tool, it told me about 3 files that could be merged together.  And I couldn't see really the benefits, and I wasn't sure what I was doing either.  So I left it out, as I understood it was a way to thin out the number of mods installed, to install more.  As I have 117 mods installed, with skyrim's original files counted in, I didn't thought it was needed.

As for CR, I'm not sure I know that acronym.

Out of the post installation stuff, the only thing I didn't do is Wrye Bash, and conflicts resolve, since doing it all by hands was really overwhelming, specially after having spent over 12 hours installing all of this, and knowing I should leave out the provided files, since I did not installed everything suggested.

One thing I could not find at all was Better Dynamic Snow.  I even looked on google, and all download links elsewhere pointed to nexus, and it seemed to have been removed.  So I configured the mods that depended on it to work without.  So MO tells me I have no missing dependencies, or conflicts whatsoever.  

I ran LOOT, and TES5Edit (sort masters) too...

Yes I found it... thank you.  Is it worth the trouble to go back and see what mods depends on it, install them again with support for Better Dynamic Snow and install the ruffled feather pack?

I have ruled out my armor problem.  At first, I thought the whole body was untextured, but after a closer look with the bandits, it seemed only the armor was untextured, because the bandit chief from the bandit mod, had a special armor that I never saw, and a cloak, and the cloak was showing fine.  The whole armor was purpleish..  another lower bandits had only the gloves in purple...

After making a copy of my revisited profile in MO, and disabling a mod at a time, on the second try, I disabled Immersive Armor, and that seems to be the culprit.  On reload, the bandits were all fine.  Not sure if I would start a new game, if those would be fixed, but I seems to be headed the right way.

Now, how can I figure how to fix it?  

I took a look at the CR stuff, looking at the wiki on the matter on STEP, and the example is so simple compared to my setup, that I have no idea what to do.

And to make matters worse, looking at the CR subpage of the guide, I see there is only one Armor related fix, and it has something to do with the children mod...  so it doesn't even relate to the issue that I have.

Now, I'll try to find that cave again which at a tree at the entrance, and try to find out from what mod the problem is coming from.

Is there no debug mode, console commands to output that would help me pinpoint the files that doesn't seem to load?

Thank you, I will look into it.

I have went to the guide's page to see if there was any special instructions for IA, and there was.  I was told to remove an esp that wasn't supposedly needed.

However,  after unzipping it from the archive to the mod folder and reloading my game, the bandits were now showing properly.

I also noticed the installation was setting it up for UNP, and since I did not set it up this way, and did not install the UNP armors, this might have been the problem.  Maybe the UNP armors were replacing those I had troubles with.

In any case, making some progress.  Now.... the tree...

Just looked at MFG Console, and it would probably have been useful for the armors, but looking at the description, I see this "Support character, weapon, armor, potion, scroll and container now."

So it seems it won't be useful for my tree problem.

I'll try to disable any tree mod one by one, I'll find the bugger!

Edited by pleclair

Well, I found my tree problem on the first try.  It was Trees HD.  I'll try to skip the special install instructions which tells me to skip a few files at installation...

The cave in question is graywatch, to the east of whiterun...

It was that large tree standing underneath the hole in the ceiling.  Any idea which tree that might be?

EDIT:  Reinstalled both Trees HD and Fixes, without omiting any files, and it worked!  I haven't explored much since, I was trying to find the issues of my problems, but so far so good.  I might look into the new game camera spin now... to see what it could be.  

Edited by pleclair

This is exactly what's happening to me...  

The cart ride is heavily scripted. Mods initializing can really bug it out. I usually use "Camping in the woods" LAL start to get a close to vanilla start. If you must do the vanilla start try not to enable mods like Frostfall, etc until after the into sequence.

The cart ride is heavily scripted. Mods initializing can really bug it out. I usually use "Camping in the woods" LAL start to get a close to vanilla start. If you must do the vanilla start try not to enable mods like Frostfall, etc until after the into sequence.

Fun fact: The very first time I played Skyrim, back when it launched and on the 360, when I started up this bug happened to me. I was like "I don't think this is suppose to happened...."