Mono's Lore Friendly Equipment Pack - Feedback

• 2 months later...

It all seems very smooth, and I hope to be able to browse all these new weapons in-game soon.  In going over all of this material, you have identified several or maybe all of the main problems with added-weapon mods, namely they tend to be over powered or just strangely powered, because each author specs each gun individually and often arbitrarily; and the problem of having nearly identical weapons show up with slightly different names and textures.  I hope all the weapon modifications work on these, but I have the sense they will.

That was easy.  I think it replaces like dozens of other mods.  Thanks.

I would offer one small criticism, or matter of taste:  Renaming Millenia's technically specific gun names is a good idea, but now I feel like the new names are too generic.  Most of those guns have real-world common use off-hand names which would go well with their detailed textures, without reading like a manufacturers spec sheet.  For instance, the "Browning P35" is usually called the 'Browning Hi-Power', while "Hi-Power Pistol"... i dunno.  Yes, I learned most of this from u-toob.

Edited by boycad

They're meant to imitate the original game, which seems to eschew company names. Whether they did that due to rights or not, we can only speculate about, but that is what they did. I usually think of it as having to do with wastelanders giving weapons colloquial names. This is what I've been going for with the names for guns in the Frontier (which I've been helping out with).

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is only one way, really. Change the various CaliberX calibers to something from vanilla NV, there should be a list of which ones were changed on the pack page. Then you clean masters with xEdit.

Oh well, caliberx its a great mod anyway. I just ask because one friend wanted to know. Gonna convince him to have it. Thank you!

Edited by Mortercotic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Mono, I absolutely love your mod. I have  a small problem with the mod, though. I've used your renaming mod a few times before and it always worked perfectly, but now it doesn't rename any of the weapons. I did get guns like the TOZ-66, the Winchester, etc. to rename, but guns like the UZI, M37 Ithaca, etc. don't rename. I can post my load order if you want.

In short, Millenia's Additional Weapons Rebalanced Works, but Weapons of the New Millenia Rebalanced does not.

I wouldn't ask here if I could find the answer anywhere else (since it's supposed to be a feedback thread and not a "Help Me" thread). Thanks Mono and, again, I love your mods so much.

FNV Load Order:

https://pastebin.com/TCyYCDxE

• 2 months later...

Hello, I finished the F&L guide a few days ago and then I tried your weapons pack, but I was getting infinite loading screens when launched the game, so I made the research and found the culprit and the solution in this forums. Which it was this:

Try the new link and here is the new YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO patch if you use that.

After replacing that plugging, everything worked very well and I am in the middle of a my playthorough.

I think it should be added to the main guide.

Regards, and excuse my poor English.

• +1 1

I dont really agree with some of the new names. For example the new name for UZI sounds way too silly and i feel that if the gun was in older games (tactics is part of the series) then it should use the name older games had.

Hello, I finished the F&L guide a few days ago and then I tried your weapons pack, but I was getting infinite loading screens when launched the game, so I made the research and found the culprit and the solution in this forums. Which it was this:

Try the new link and here is the new YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO patch if you use that.

After replacing that plugging, everything worked very well and I am in the middle of a my playthorough.

Thanks for the research.  Your English is just fine. 

Mono has been away for a awhile now, but I may be able to help.  Where do you think this should be added?  To the Fear and Loathing main guide, or to the Mono's Equipment Pack page?  I havent edited these guides in a while, but if you could say where in the guide it should be inserted, I can try to find a way to write the change in.   

Would you mind telling us a little more about the bug you found?  It was an 'infinite loading' bug, correct, and not a load failure and game crash bug?  The Fear and Loathing forum thread is huge, so a link to Mono's comment in would also be appreciated.

I am also have a problem with this module; with one of the Project Nevada plugins used in it.  But I understand this is probably my fault, and that I need to use xEdit a little more proficiently.  Im using the Fear and Loathing -Wasteland Edition https://wiki.step-project.com/User:MonoAccipiter/Fear_and_Loathing_in_New_Vegas:_Wasteland_Edition#Additional_Equipment

Hello, it was the infinite loading screen bug, just after starting the game. The issue was posted a few pages ago and also the link to the modified version of the plugin.

I think it should go in the Mono's pack guide.

The problem was reported starting on this post:

https://forum.step-project.com/index.php?/topic/10015-Mono's-Lore-Friendly-Equipment-Pack---Feedback#entry189933

And the modified plugin is around the post #58

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by johanlh