SRLE Extended Mod Suggestions

so good news bad news

frist the good: Legacy of the Dragonborn v15 is out

Bad news: It will not be easy for me to add Legacy of the dragonborn to SRLE Extended without a major top to bottom overhaul of the guide and redoing quite a bit Neo's SR Conflict resoultion patch.

so I can see 2 options:

1. Completely scaping SRLE Extended as it stands and redoing it with Legacy of the Dragonborn Installed from the start and build from there.

2. I carry on as normal and forget about adding Legacy of the Dragonborn.

I would really love to see it in the pack, it adds some unique features that make the game more interesting. Personally Im not going to play this game again, this is my last time, so for me it is no or never, but I guess for others they can just wait for next play through.

Anyway, it is a lot of work so only you have to decide if it is worth it.

I envy any of you that have actually done a playthrough... closest I ever came was watching Gophers last Let's Play of it.

Modding never ends.

i know what you mean Neo I have yet to completed a modded playthrough (i.e. killed Alduin) I have to be honest I have only ever done that once that was when I was playing skyrim on my Xbox 360.

I envy any of you that have actually done a playthrough... closest I ever came was watching Gophers last Let's Play of it.

Modding never ends.

Modding ... modding never ends. :^)

OT:

I'm checking some step mids and, what do you think about these?

Lore Based Loading Screens (Chesko)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21265/?

Viewable Faction Ranks (Reath1)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58057/?

Dark Brotherhood Tenets Restored (Rathinosk)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31087/?

Not So Fast - Main Quest (cdcooley)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62894/?

This exactly!!! Throwing this mod in an existing mod list and try to make it compatible...NIGHTMARE!!

It needs a mod setup around it and a loooooooooot of spare time to do so!!

It is an amazing mod though!!

I agree.

SRLE Extended is looking pretty awesome and getting to it's final stages of testing before it comes out of Beta.

To add Legacy, would reverse a lot of the hard work that has been put so far into SRLE Extended.

I agree.

SRLE Extended is looking pretty awesome and getting to it's final stages of testing before it comes out of Beta.

To add Legacy, would reverse a lot of the hard work that has been put so far into SRLE Extended.

don't worry I put my foot down now Legacy of the dragonborn in this guide i am afraid. also i heads up i will be redoing the CR for teh inclusion on Endgame Overhaul tomorrow so expect sometime tomorrow evening amd also don't forget Darth lastest strawpoll ends tomorrow at 5pm GMT.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Endgame NPC overhaul has one major problem IMO. It makes NPC follower way too strong for early game up to level 40+ in my last play through. I played with SRLE+REG+MMO pack (Tons of difficulty mods, RoTE, OBIS, DD)

darth is currently looking at Dual, combat evolved, Vigor, RoTE, WAA, Deadly Dragons, Enahnced Mighty Dragons Reborn and DCO. So with all these you will need Endgame overhaul.

Edit: Dual, combat evolved, Vigor, RoTE are already in the guide as it is.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I think Legacy of the Dragonborn should be added to the guide. 

Making it compatible with SRLE+SRLE Extended would be a real public service.

IMHO being hard to make it functional should be the reason to included it.

I almost don't have time to play and when I do I don't wanna go without any SRLE/SRLE Extended mods.

I think Legacy of the Dragonborn should be added to the guide. 

Making it compatible with SRLE+SRLE Extended would be a real public service.

IMHO being hard to make it functional should be the reason to included it.

I almost don't have time to play and when I do I don't wanna go without any SRLE/SRLE Extended mods.

neither of us really have the time needed to make this compatbile as it would require someone with more knowledge thne me to deal with the Conflcit resolution

Is Legacy just not compatible at all and crashes 100% of the time or just like slow down and sometime crashes? And does it work with SR LE and just not extended? Im new to modding and still working on SRLE so not sure if I am going Extended or now I really wanted Legacy so might just grab a number of mods and try to add them to SR LE myself lol\

though I am totally ok with some crashes if Legacy still mostly works XD

Is Legacy just not compatible at all and crashes 100% of the time or just like slow down and sometime crashes? And does it work with SR LE and just not extended? Im new to modding and still working on SRLE so not sure if I am going Extended or now I really wanted Legacy so might just grab a number of mods and try to add them to SR LE myself lol\

its does not crash but is does included mods that are part of both SRLE and SRLE Extend the SR conflict resolution and the SRLE Extended CR. the mod in question is book covers of skyrim and moonpath to elwsyer you would need to do Neo conflcit resoultion yourself and not use his pre made version also your CR for Extended.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Is Legacy just not compatible at all and crashes 100% of the time or just like slow down and sometime crashes? And does it work with SR LE and just not extended? Im new to modding and still working on SRLE so not sure if I am going Extended or now I really wanted Legacy so might just grab a number of mods and try to add them to SR LE myself lol\

Legacy is basically a DLC-sized mod. It includes a ton of other mods, some of which are already in SR:LE. There will be major compatibility issues, unless a lot of CR work is done and some swapping of mods.

Check the articles tab on the Legacy Nexus page. Cccow got a fairly decent build on (mostly STEP Extended, some SR:LE mods), and there is info on the CR methods he took. However, this was before v15, Legacy's biggest update ever. So you probably would have to start from scratch.

That being said, I absolutely love the look of Legacy, so in the next month or two I may try and have a go at the CR. My skills are lacking though, so we will see. It would be an awesome pack, if it could actually happen.

But so much would have to be changed that it would probably have to be a pack on it's own.

this might be a dumb question, again super new to modding and only doing so well due to this guide lol, but cant I just not download the mods from SR LE & extended that are included in Legacy? there are already a few mods that I have skipped over following the guide simply because I don't care for them, am I not supposed to be doing that....

Edit: Also out of curiosity what happens if you add mods without doing CR? crashes im assuming?

Edited by Ser_Dakota